Imation/Patriot USB OTG 2-in-1 solutions

Search This thread

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
These looks interesting

http://www.imation.com/en-CA/Consum...ducts/USB-Flash/2-in-1-Micro-USB-Flash-Drive/

2in1FlashOpen16GB_ProductPage_Large_480x300.jpg

Not sure of the speeds of this but probably sufficient for viewing on tablets.
Can't find any detail on the weight of it, hoping it wouldn't be too heavy and place stress on the connector in landscape mode.
Only USB 2.0 though.

For those that want USB 3.0, there's the Patriot stellar

32_c.jpg

Then for those that want to use their own microsd, there's the Patriot Cosmos

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product/detail.jsp?prodline=7&catid=101&prodgroupid=269&id=1492

front.jpg

Corsair also has their flash voyager go.

http://www.corsair.com/en/landing/voyager-go

VoyagerGo_cap_off_CallOut.png

Anyone have experiences with these?

Last edited:

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
The Imation looks pretty cool. I like the little swivel that makes it one piece. I ordered the Meenova and got it a few weeks back. This is my first experience with any OTG, so I really have nothing to compare it to. It took me a little bit to get it working correctly, but that was my own fault for not having a compatible rom/kernel. After I flashed SlimKat, and downloaded Nexus File Manager from the Play Store, it works perfectly. So far, I am really happy that I purchased the Meenova. I'd be interested to hear about someone who has used any of the products linked in the OP.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
I've have a Meenova for about a month and can't recommend it enough. Price and functionality make it a huge winner in my books. Here is a link to my initial experiences with a Meenova. It includes pictures with my N5 and Spiegel Ultra Hybrid case. Also with the announcement of 128GB micoSD cards there has been many sales on all sizes of cards including 64GB which the Meenova supports. So far I have not seen whether the Meenova can handle the 128GB cards but their Web site had an in brackets comment beside the 64GB stating "largest available" and the reader supports the same standard as required by the 128GB cards.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50540985&postcount=60

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: FuMMoD

nexicon

Aug 2, 2011
Kansas CIty
I have the Leef. It's a great price on Amazon and works great. Could be a bit faster but I picked it because it doesn't have loose caps to lose.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

redwaldo

Jul 31, 2012
Cleveland
I have the 32GB Patriot Stellar because I wanted USB 3.0 and it's great, no complaints. I haven't formally tested it's speed on the PC end, but seems fast enough.

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010
on question, any of these worked in TWRP?

it always fail to mount when i try to access it in recovery

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

rosswaa

Apr 13, 2010
Iv got a transcend 380 coming which looks pretty cool. I'll post up pics when it arrives and a small review

rosswaa

Apr 13, 2010
u7anesu8.jpg

a3u7abuj.jpg

Here's the transcend one, can't fault it so far. Works fine, speeds aren't bad either

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Leef 16gb

Sony 16gb

The Sony has the micro-usb inside the cap :)

I saw the Leef one and didn't really like how big it is. The Sony one is excellent but I need to find an adapter which is no issue for a computer. That way I can have a tiny otg for my phone and a flash drive for my computer.

the_slasher

Apr 21, 2011
Singapore
www.camerakarrie.com
I saw the Leef one and didn't really like how big it is. The Sony one is excellent but I need to find an adapter which is no issue for a computer. That way I can have a tiny otg for my phone and a flash drive for my computer.

an adapter for the Sony? it has both USB and Micro-USB connector, you don't need an adapter to connect to a computer :)

check the sony website below for the actual pic of the usb drive

Sony Website

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this might be one I'd be interested in, given the small size. USB 2.0 doesn't bother me that much, as long as it does max out the write speed at 30MB/sec or so, and not the typical slow speed of kingston datatravellers at 3-5MB/sec

http://www.kingston.com/en/usb/personal_business#DTDUO

prodDT-DUO-img.jpg

Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
    I'm sure you have seen the Meenova, but in case you haven't, here is a picture.

NEXUS 5
    I've have a Meenova for about a month and can't recommend it enough. Price and functionality make it a huge winner in my books. Here is a link to my initial experiences with a Meenova. It includes pictures with my N5 and Spiegel Ultra Hybrid case. Also with the announcement of 128GB micoSD cards there has been many sales on all sizes of cards including 64GB which the Meenova supports. So far I have not seen whether the Meenova can handle the 128GB cards but their Web site had an in brackets comment beside the 64GB stating "largest available" and the reader supports the same standard as required by the 128GB cards.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50540985&postcount=60

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
    Iv got a transcend 380 coming which looks pretty cool. I'll post up pics when it arrives and a small review

Do you have a link by any chance?

Leef 16gb

Sony 16gb

The Sony has the micro-usb inside the cap :)