Phone will not restore

Search This thread

htinstaller4u

Jan 25, 2011
I am having a problem trying to restore my phone. I was running Deepshining v2 and decided to go back to stock for a while. So, I connected to Zune to do a restore and failed. I get to step 3, at 0%, and then it times out. I have tried this several times with 2 different restore points. I have tried flashing a stock Rom, doing a factory reset, and downgrading radio. I have also tried the WP7easybackup tool with the same results. The phone worked fine after every flash. Since I could not restore, I decided to put on Deepshining v6, which is also running fine. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

des519

Feb 8, 2011
london
It seems you have a recent bootloader...go to tricolor screen and if this SPL-5.11.2250.0 reads...You must Y cable to lower spl

htinstaller4u

Jan 25, 2011
bootloader

That is a good thought. I looked under "setting -about - more info" and it says I have bootloader 3.1. I have been on a custom rom since before Mango and currently on Deepshining 7.1

goatimus

Jun 17, 2011
Is there no way to downgrade if you have 5.11.2250.0 spl. I have just been given this phone by a friend who stupidly put a pin code on his lockscreen and then quickly forgot it. I have a htc desire s so use android and thought it would be easy to just reflash it through bootloader but this is different. I have tried most ways i can find on the hd7 forums except gold card as i do not have the bits. Is there not a simple way to factory reset this device or some kind of recovery?

Oh and sorry if this is in wrong thread but its one of the only ones i've found refering to spl 5.11