[Q] Should I update my L90?

Search This thread

zimbara

Dec 13, 2010
There is a 150mb update available, should i download it? Or will that make rooting harder?

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
If you plan on unlocking the bootloader, you shouldn't update. LG has a reputation of permanently locking the bootloader with their updates.

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shinobisoft

zimbara

Dec 13, 2010
If you plan on unlocking the bootloader, you shouldn't update. LG has a reputation of permanently locking the bootloader with their updates.

I don't really care about unlocking the bootloader, i just want to have a rooted phone with up too date software :)

linasj

Oct 26, 2012
Vilnius
On the topic of the update - does anyone know what exactly changed with it? Probably the only thing I noticed was that you can now choose between Dalvik and ART. But that's about it. Anything else?

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
On the topic of the update - does anyone know what exactly changed with it? Probably the only thing I noticed was that you can now choose between Dalvik and ART. But that's about it. Anything else?

Not sure about the D405, but on the D415 after enabling developer options we can switch between ART or Dalvik. I haven't updated or looked for an update for my D415.

EDIT: Just checked for an update for the TMobile D415. There isn't one.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Its wrong, I have rooted my phone with towel root after update :laugh:

That may not always be the case. LG is well known for purposely screwing things up for folks.

Reactions: LaDY Vengeance

linasj

Oct 26, 2012
Vilnius
Not sure about the D405, but on the D415 after enabling developer options we can switch between ART or Dalvik. I haven't updated or looked for an update for my D415.

Well, I already did update my D405N, so I've already seen the Dalvik/ART change. I was just wondering if anyone knew what else has changed, because so far I haven't really seen anything all that different.

zimbara

Dec 13, 2010
I downloaded the 150mb update and rooted my phone with towel root afterwards, everything's working ;)

kernel.debugger

Feb 6, 2014
I am not able to update my device.
gives some sort of error.
After rebooting the device message comes like this update is not for rooted device.
What should I do? Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, but I read somewhere that after the update, towel root doesn't work?

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

That may not always be the case. LG is well known for purposely screwing things up for folks.