[ROM] Gingerbread-2.3.4 (Codename Phoenix, released on 2011-10-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andy572

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2010
Germany, Munich (Deutschland, München)
Hey andy, I cant reach facebook now so I'll just say it here. I'm sure you wont take this the wrong way since we already known eachother for a lot of months, but I think you should fix some framework bugs before adding new features, specially the status bar sliding bug, the launcher scrolling being a little slow and the battery icon bug.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

you're right - but currently i work on the phone app.
why? this app has the most bugs and if this app doesnt work correctly, users cant
use the phone. So, for me its a higher priority to fix phone app and audio respective bluetooth
than fix statusbar or other minor bugs.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
you're right - but currently i work on the phone app.
why? this app has the most bugs and if this app doesnt work correctly, users cant
use the phone. So, for me its a higher priority to fix phone app and audio respective bluetooth
than fix statusbar or other minor bugs.

Seems reasonable. You're the one working on it so it's your choice. I don't have time yet to develop with you, I hope I will soon!

Shandy Shadow

Jan 17, 2011
i've read a few last pages before asking this question

i can't play youtube or videos. the videos just hang, but i can hear the sound.
thanks and sorry for bad english :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @all,

This is a unofficial ROM of gingerbread for use in LG-P500 mobile devices.
    NO Support by LG and after flashing you can't connect with this ROM to the LG PC-Suite for updates. If you want update a original firmware, u have to flash
    a original ROM deployed by LG.

Please, do not ask when i release a build. If a build is ready to test, i upload the ROM and you'll see a download link in THIS post.
    For general questions, please look here

Current state of Gingerbread ROM by andy572 (Version 2.3.4 Codename Phoenix)
    previous rom for download based on CM7 has been removed, i dont support the latest rom from now.

Latest Changes
    * light text color bug fixed
    * gallery3D app: pinch to zoom fixed
    * gallery3D app: loading a bit slow - fixed
    * kernel: wifi not working, kernel module is broken - fixed
    * kernel: kernel doesnt support clear ram feature in settings - fixed
    * expanded statusbar bugs fixed
    * new lockscreen implemented
    * modified gps.conf
    * modified apns-conf.xml
    * network provider search fixed
    * contact import from sim card fixed
    * crash in contacts app fixed (app was FC'ing when swipe over the tabs on the top)

Very known bugs:
    - If no default ringtone is choosen in settings menu, android choose one for u and change this randomly
    - FM Radio and USB-/WiFi theasering not working (maybe with 3rd party apps)
    - strong pixelation/color banding issues in wallpapers and picture gallery app
    - Airplane-, Vibrate modes and audio volume settings change gets not detected in expanded statusbar view toggles
    - rom is only working with old baseband and clockwork mod recovery

INSTALL
    1.) Install ClockwordMod Recovery, old AmonRA isnt supported anymore.
    2.) Flash the ROM file
    3.) If you're coming from any other than THIS rom, YOU NEED TO DO A COMPLETE WIPE before reboot!!!

Download
    http://www.phoenix-android.com (Android 2.3.4 Phoenix)
    Further information:
    The new rom is based on CodeAurora's Android Gingerbread, CM7 and android open source code (2.3.4 and 2.3.5).
    Many thanks to franco for the cool kernel tips and the funny after work days :)

Sources
    CodeAurora
    Phoenix-Android

Whats next coming?
    * Electron Beam feature is causing black screen: FIXED (Feature permanent disabled)
    * allow swipe in contacts/phone app on call log
    * optimize webkit code
    * modify music app
    * modify and bugfix launcher app again
    * modify and bugfix camera app
    * modify and bugfix fm radio app
    * fix bluetooth audio

Greets from Munich/Germany
    Andy
    Thread is now closed until users are using their brain.
    thanks for 3 or more pages full of spam.
    ok, enough again.
    users was warned about repeated questions, so now this thread is closed agin until next rom release.

have fun ...
    ... current rom state:

working on event listeners for expanded statusview toggles, its almost done :)
    ...means: the release is near :) :)
    Dear Andy,

keeping finger crossed;)........waiting for promising ROM......but waiting period is too long:mad: ...... so, can i make a request you to release rom for testing meanwhile busy in development.....

THANX A TON.... for your HARD WORK :)

No, no, no and no again.

I dont deploy a non working rom - there are many other roms here on xda u can use or try,
    so let me develop please the rom until it works complete and its almost stable.

I know the users are waiting, i know there are many new features in my rom that users are waiting for - but its useless
    for peoples who are expecting a stable and daily use rom.