[Q] HTC inspire 4g brought from America..now in India

Search This thread

drsteez

Sep 19, 2011
Ok, so i brought my HTC inspire from America to India because im going to be studying here for the next 5 years. In america, i was running with the 3g internet and all.
After coming to India, I unlocked my phone through AT&T and bought a new sim card (Vodafone) and just recently initiated the 3g plan. However, upon starting it, it was apparent that the 3g would not work here, for i was constantly running on Edge. I was told that the band in America is lower than that of Indian company; I was told America runs off 1900mhz and India runs off at around 2100mhz. My Phone was of AT&T so im thinking it might only be going at 1900mhz, but I'm a bit confused because i unlocked it, unless that doesn't do anything to the band. So, anyway I was wondering if there was a solution to my problem? I've bought 3g network and it only runs off edge(2g). I read around about radio and something about rooting it, but I didn't want to try anything until i was almost sure it wasn't something that wasn't going to help me.

Also, even though i am no longer with AT&T, when i try to use my 2g for hotspot, it keeps telling me to enable tethering by calling 611..but that's not a valid number here in india haha.

So, thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.
thanks

47r0n1n

Dec 23, 2009
Quincy, IL
Ok, so i brought my HTC inspire from America to India because im going to be studying here for the next 5 years. In america, i was running with the 3g internet and all.
After coming to India, I unlocked my phone through AT&T and bought a new sim card (Vodafone) and just recently initiated the 3g plan. However, upon starting it, it was apparent that the 3g would not work here, for i was constantly running on Edge. I was told that the band in America is lower than that of Indian company; I was told America runs off 1900mhz and India runs off at around 2100mhz. My Phone was of AT&T so im thinking it might only be going at 1900mhz, but I'm a bit confused because i unlocked it, unless that doesn't do anything to the band. So, anyway I was wondering if there was a solution to my problem? I've bought 3g network and it only runs off edge(2g). I read around about radio and something about rooting it, but I didn't want to try anything until i was almost sure it wasn't something that wasn't going to help me.

Also, even though i am no longer with AT&T, when i try to use my 2g for hotspot, it keeps telling me to enable tethering by calling 611..but that's not a valid number here in india haha.
thanks

Phones like the Inspire 4G are "quad-band" or "world" phones. Which means that they can work and/or switch between the 4 major bands. Those bands being; GSM-850/900/1800/1900 MHz. Technically there are 14 GSM bands that can be hopped on with the right device. For 3GPP or 3G for short; can run on bands the 850 mhz to 1900 mhz bands which is what is most commonly used in North America and Brazil. I am trying to not get overly complicated with this because it is easy to do. Bottom line is in places like India and parts of Brazil they use the 1900 MHz band and it is paired with 2100 MHz to form what they call an IMT-compliant 2100 MHz band. In English, that is an overseas offshoot, acts and behaves like, 3G and will get you close to those 3G-like speeds lol!

That out of the way the information that you talked about, where you were told that the Americas run on lower bands; who told you that? AT & T or was it Vodafone? I would need to know a little more, but it does not sound like your phone is the issue. It sounds to me like its your SIM card. Not that it is defective or anything like, but was not parsed or set up properly for where you are. Let me know who you talked too and I can see what I can find out for you to try and help you narrow your problem down. You can PM me or just post a response. Hope the information I gave you so far was helpful.

Reactions: drsteez

m.htc

Jun 21, 2011
Same problem with.

I also brought HTC inspire 4g from America, after that flash with Android Revolution HD 6.1.5.
All working well, but 3g is not working.

Please help me...

emze

Feb 16, 2011
Chennai
i picked up an inspire4g from USA and 6months later, my phone earlier used to turn off on its own, but now, it switches off as soon as i unplug it. htc guys call it a mother board issue, and after i googled htc issues, most indian buyers are having motherboard issues(rather, all of them). so, tehre should be something seriously wrong with htc or the service center people.

prshah403

Jan 21, 2014
HTC Inspire not working in India

Date : 21st Jan 2014. I also have HTC inspite 4g from US, now in India. 3G is not working. Is there any chance? How? Pls help. I am using Vodafone network in Gujarat.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Date : 21st Jan 2014. Hi...I am also having same problem. HTC Inspire 4G ....3G not working in India ? Have you got any solution? Pls help.

madmitra

Jan 13, 2014
Inspire will not work in india

Date : 21st Jan 2014. I also have HTC inspite 4g from US, now in India. 3G is not working. Is there any chance? How? Pls help. I am using Vodafone network in Gujarat.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Date : 21st Jan 2014. Hi...I am also having same problem. HTC Inspire 4G ....3G not working in India ? Have you got any solution? Pls help.

Unfortunately Inspire is useless for 3g in india. Unless 3g is started at GSM1900 band. Thats because India uses 2100 mhz band for 3g.
Great phone though.

XDAdevelop135

May 18, 2014
inspire does not have 2100 band and hence 3G will not work in INDIA

end of story....

NO ROM changing or modding will solve the issue

Hi,
Can u please elaborate on NO ROM Changing or modding.
When i search on google i found rom changing basically use root browser and changes rom and change the Name Of Any Android ROM.

Any help on this one is appreciated.

Regards,
XDAdevelop135

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks

Phones like the Inspire 4G are "quad-band" or "world" phones. Which means that they can work and/or switch between the 4 major bands. Those bands being; GSM-850/900/1800/1900 MHz. Technically there are 14 GSM bands that can be hopped on with the right device. For 3GPP or 3G for short; can run on bands the 850 mhz to 1900 mhz bands which is what is most commonly used in North America and Brazil. I am trying to not get overly complicated with this because it is easy to do. Bottom line is in places like India and parts of Brazil they use the 1900 MHz band and it is paired with 2100 MHz to form what they call an IMT-compliant 2100 MHz band. In English, that is an overseas offshoot, acts and behaves like, 3G and will get you close to those 3G-like speeds lol!

That out of the way the information that you talked about, where you were told that the Americas run on lower bands; who told you that? AT & T or was it Vodafone? I would need to know a little more, but it does not sound like your phone is the issue. It sounds to me like its your SIM card. Not that it is defective or anything like, but was not parsed or set up properly for where you are. Let me know who you talked too and I can see what I can find out for you to try and help you narrow your problem down. You can PM me or just post a response. Hope the information I gave you so far was helpful.
    inspire does not have 2100 band and hence 3G will not work in INDIA

end of story....

NO ROM changing or modding will solve the issue