Ice cream sandwich on kindle fire [14-Dec]

Search This thread

g1011999

Jun 11, 2010
After few weeks of hardworking, just got ice cream sandwich run on my kindle fire.

moooom.dyndns.info/?p=107

Things works:
1. Touch pannel.
2. Hardware graphics
3. Audio

Things don't work:
wifi, accelerometer, light sensor.

I'll release my kernel codes and android source after cleaning up.
Cheers!

Edit: [14-Dec-2011]
Audio works now.

Last edited:

sadalius

Dec 3, 2009
That is good news. Can't wait till all this comes together. TWRP and some Ice Cream Sandwich. Will be awesome. Great job and keep it up!!!

icebuck

Feb 1, 2011
Very happy to know, although will services like Amazon Cloud still work once on Custom ROM?

andTab

Nov 20, 2011
The fact that you also have issues with sound leads me to believe there is a driver issue with sound in CM7 and ICS?

iluretar

Apr 9, 2011
Santa Cruz
i also believe that a joint effort would be better and i hope you guys can work together, also atinm from teamhacksung was thinking of doing some kf work once things got going ( cause he already has a lot of devices on his table xD), can't wait to get my kf, awesome job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After few weeks of hardworking, just got ice cream sandwich run on my kindle fire.

moooom.dyndns.info/?p=107

Things works:
    1. Touch pannel.
    2. Hardware graphics
    3. Audio

Things don't work:
    wifi, accelerometer, light sensor.

I'll release my kernel codes and android source after cleaning up.
    Cheers!

Edit: [14-Dec-2011]
    Audio works now.
    Hi All,

I know that this is going to make me sound like a complete jerk but please believe (and i cant stress this enough) that thats not my intention. I would like to make a plea to all on this thread to see if we can avoid the one liners that contain no relevant information such as the "wow awesome, thanks!" and "cant wait to try it!" posts. I am very interested to follow this thread and all the miscellaneous comments make things very hard to read. The thread for the rom im using for my phone is up to about 280 pages of posts, a good 75% of them are of the type i just mentioned.

No please dont misunderstand im all for supporting and thanking the incredible people who work very hard to give us these roms and have made it my custom to donate 20$ to the developers of the roms i am using. Can we agree to show our gratitude this way and privately rather than clogging up the thread with all the non information posts?

I know everyone prob thinks im a giant a$$-0 right now but im hoping its in everyones best interest who is interested in keeping up with this thread.
    Where will source code be upload to?
    Kernel source is uploaded to github
    https://github.com/g1011999/Android-kernel-for-kindle-fire
    use otter_android_defconfig to compile.
    Not sure if this makes much of a difference now, but I PM'd blazingwolf, the guy who ported ics to the a500, about our wifi and he replied:

just trying to fix some minor things now and we should have a super alpha out in a few days ;D
    the mount bind didn't do the trick :/

here guys i ran out of options to get the sdcard to properly work. merry christmas

back your stuff up and do a FACTORY WIPE in twrp and then install. i'm not gonna troubleshoot any problems in your installation process or anything as i will be busy for the next few days so only install if you are a dev and know what you're doing :)

this isn't meant as an alpha, just putting it out there for folks to do their own troubleshooting as to why the sdcard doesn't properly work

http://www.mediafire.com/?29i5r0k1lvnujmr

821a44ed5cf44f6be1110da868de9ddd tryforsdcard.zip

i added a file into the .zip so the signature test in twrp will not pass, the md5sum of file itself will be 821a44ed5cf44f6be1110da868de9ddd as i generated that after i added the files :)

happy holidays folks