AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com

Thanks!!! It´s gd to see some ROMs

Thanks for the reviews.
Would you make one of the leedroid rom?

Sent from my HTC Flyer using Tapatalk 2

This was very useful when I was choosing my ROM. Thanks!

Love this...

You should do one of Supernonsense v2 by Splder

Thanks for the kind words :)

And we'll definitely try to get the other ROMs, such as Leedroid and Supernonsense as well :D

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
I would like to point out that in your reviews you say "Android is upgrading message means it is ODEXING your apps"

This is incorrect, apps can either be odexed or de-odexed and Android OS does not change that.

What the message means is the android is building the dalvik cache (which in technical terms is either copying the .odex files to /data/dalvik-cache/ if the ROM is ODEXED or opening up the .apk file, extracting the classes.dex file from it and copying it over to /data/dalvik-cache/ if the ROM is DE-ODEXED)

To prove what I am saying, try this;
Boot into recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot. you will get the "Android is Upgrading" message on boot as android rebuilds the dalvik cache

Reactions: AllAboutAndroids

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
I would like to point out that in your reviews you say "Android is upgrading message means it is ODEXING your apps"

This is incorrect, apps can either be odexed or de-odexed and Android OS does not change that.

What the message means is the android is building the dalvik cache (which in technical terms is either copying the .odex files to /data/dalvik-cache/ if the ROM is ODEXED or opening up the .apk file, extracting the classes.dex file from it and copying it over to /data/dalvik-cache/ if the ROM is DE-ODEXED)

To prove what I am saying, try this;
Boot into recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot. you will get the "Android is Upgrading" message on boot as android rebuilds the dalvik cache

DUDE! Thanks so much for the explanation! I have tested it by Wiping the Cache and Dalvik, then the message popped up again. So if I understand correctly, the Odex files inside of apks are moved to the Dalvik cache, that is called ODEXING. Now, the actual message is the Android OS's way to actually build up the Dalvik cache...

Damn, Android is more complicated than I thought lol BUT thanks again, the correction will be made in the next video!

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
This is a good idea, I was thinking that I would also like to see realtime 30-45 second clips showing the things you can do with an Android phone, nothing time-shortened like the apple commercials. Something like go into the app store, check on your apps and maybe update one or two. Or start up Pandora, then switch to SoundHound and get the live lyrics for that song. Or start up GasBuddy, get a location lock, type in new gas prices and submit them. Possibilities are endless.

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
Latest Videos:

Hey folks! We got OrDroid version 2.0.8 up and running :D

Coming soon, is HyperNonSense, so stay tuned!

As always, if you liked the video, please press the Thanks button and if you have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel and Like, Comment and Subscribe, we'd really appreciate it!

Without further a due, OrDroid 2.0.8:

Thanks again!

BrokenSpring

Jul 25, 2011
Wow this is a great thread, i will be keeping an eye on it.

Now we can see the roms in action.

Great work thank you.

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
HyperNonsense 2.1:-

Hey peoples! Another vid for you guys, like we mentioned. We actually filmed this on Sunday, but it wasn't posted on the thread...now it is :D

Anyway, as usual, enjoy! If you have liked the video, please press the Thanks button and if you have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel to Like, Comment & Subscribe!​

THANKS AGAIN

Mar 31, 2012
Latest Videos:

Hey folks! We got OrDroid version 2.0.8 up and running :D

Coming soon, is HyperNonSense, so stay tuned!

As always, if you liked the video, please press the Thanks button and if you have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel and Like, Comment and Subscribe, we'd really appreciate it!

Without further a due, OrDroid 2.0.8:

Thanks again!

is the BEAT support on 3rd party player like Sense 4.0 in HOX?

Last edited:

Guille8324

Oct 16, 2010
HELPPPPP

I see from posts Ive been reading that you guys are really knowledgeable with rooting and what not. So I was hoping you could help me out a little and I will give you as much details as possible. I tried to put an ICS rom on my htc sensation 4g from tmobile and now Im stuck in a boot loop. I don't know how to find my CID or MID but i can tell you that when I hold volume down and power i get to the bootloader which says:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-10.14.9035.01_M
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

Do you know what I need to do so that I am not stuck in the boot loop with the HTC Logo please? Thank you for your time in advance.

AllAboutAndroids

Sep 21, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
www.allaboutandroids.com
I see from posts Ive been reading that you guys are really knowledgeable with rooting and what not. So I was hoping you could help me out a little and I will give you as much details as possible. I tried to put an ICS rom on my htc sensation 4g from tmobile and now Im stuck in a boot loop. I don't know how to find my CID or MID but i can tell you that when I hold volume down and power i get to the bootloader which says:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-10.14.9035.01_M
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

Do you know what I need to do so that I am not stuck in the boot loop with the HTC Logo please? Thank you for your time in advance.

I'll send you a message buddy ;)

AND

New Video!

OrDroid 2.2 coming up guys :)

***Currently Uploading***

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks! We have a YouTube channel and we make video overviews of ROMs for our devices. We also have a website, AllAboutAndroids.com where we give our opinion on the Latest Android News :D

I have a LG G2x, where I have reviewed EaglesBlood, while my friend has the HTC Sensation and we have reviewed a few of the most famous ROMs. We didn't make any GingerBread ROM reviews since Ice Cream Sandwich is the latest hype. Recently Sense 4.0 has arisen, and we have started overviewing those ROMs as well.

Anyway, take a look at the various videos we made. Feel free to Like, Comment and Subscribe to the Channel and if that involves too many clicks, simply hit the Thanks button ;)

Also if these vids helped in any way, please give us Five Stars :D

CyanogenMod 10:

Beta Kang Build (August 18th)

RCMix:

1.1:

Android Revolution HD:
    6.0.2:

6.2.1:

6.4:

6.6.3:

Virtuous Inquisition:

1.4.2:

2.0.1:

3.0:

4.0:

4.0.2:

Virtuous Quattro:

Alpha 3:

HyperNonSense:
    2.1:

InsertCoin:
    4.0.8:

5.1.1:

Sense 4.0, Beta 4:

OrDroid:
    Sense 4.0, 1.7.1:

Sense 4.0, 1.9.1:

Sense 4.0, 2.0.8:

Sense 4.0, 2.2.0:

Sense 4.0 + HTC Ville C2 RUU, 7.0.1:

CoinDroid:
    Sense 4.0, 1.0.1:

Elegancia:
    Sense 4.0,4.2:

Team PKMN:
    Sense 4.0 + HTC Ville C2 RUU, Charmeleon 5.1:

Team Venom:
    Sense 4.0 + HTC Ville C2 RUU, Viper S 1.1:

That's all for now! But we'll definitely keep this page updated :D

If this helped in any way, please feel free to press the THANKS button and if you do happen to have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE as we'd really appreciate it, Thanks in advance :D
    Hello folks! We have a YouTube channel and we make video overviews of ROMs for our devices.

I have a LG G2x, where I have reviewed EaglesBlood, while my friend has the HTC Sensation and we have reviewed a few of the most famous ROMs. We didn't make any GingerBread ROM reviews since Ice Cream Sandwich is the latest hype. Recently Sense 4.0 has arisen, and we have started overviewing those ROMs as well.

Anyway, take a look at the various videos we made. Feel free to Like, Comment and Subscribe to the Channel and if that involves too many clicks, simply hit the Thanks button ;)

RCMix:

1.1:

Android Revolution HD:
    6.0.2:

6.2.1:

6.4:

Virtuous Inquisition:

1.4.2:

2.0.1:

3.0:

4.0:

Virtuous Quattro:

Alpha 3:

InsertCoin:
    4.0.8:

5.1.1:

Sense 4.0, Beta 4:

OrDroid:
    Sense 4.0, 1.7.1:

That's all for now! But we'll definitely keep this page updated :D

Wow. Thats a really long passage to quote though. We appreciate your help! These videos gonna help a lot of people to choose the roms they like before flashing a new one :)
    Our latest video :)

Team Venom:
    Sense 4.0 + HTC Ville C2 RUU, Viper S 1.1:

If this helped in any way, please feel free to press the THANKS button and if you do happen to have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE as we'd really appreciate it, Thanks in advance :D
    New vid is up guys! Enjoy :)

Thanks!!! It´s gd to see some ROMs

Thanks for the reviews.
    Would you make one of the leedroid rom?

Sent from my HTC Flyer using Tapatalk 2

This was very useful when I was choosing my ROM. Thanks!

Love this...

You should do one of Supernonsense v2 by Splder

Thanks for the kind words :)

And we'll definitely try to get the other ROMs, such as Leedroid and Supernonsense as well :D