[ROM] BAKED Grouper BB #8 (3-16-13)

Search This thread

agmyers76259

Feb 17, 2010
nav bar?

Hello ladies/gents,
Just curious---does this rom include a nav bar toggle somewhere so that when a game or app can be launched at full screen (without nav bars?). Been using Paranoid android and enjoy the extended nav toggle so I can turn it off---just been too lazy to look for a hack I can bake-in to other roms to allow to kill the nav bar. Any thoughts appreciated, looking forward to trying the rom!:laugh:

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro
Can anyone else confirm this for me? Using Google Music when a track finishes and the next track starts the volume increases. Happens both charging and not charging. Increases quite a bit but the volume slider is right where I left it and if I press the volume control up or down the volume level reverts to where I had it.

I am using headphones and I have tried it with the "safe headset" setting on and off and get the same.

Edit: OK, might be a DSP thing as it does not seem to happen if I disable the equalizer.

Last edited:

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
i never thought i would like a black theme to ics or jelly bean but damn! this rom is simply amazing and beautiful. im loving it! great rom guys! cant wait to see more!

rion_j

Aug 23, 2010
Hello ladies/gents,
Just curious---does this rom include a nav bar toggle somewhere so that when a game or app can be launched at full screen (without nav bars?). Been using Paranoid android and enjoy the extended nav toggle so I can turn it off---just been too lazy to look for a hack I can bake-in to other roms to allow to kill the nav bar. Any thoughts appreciated, looking forward to trying the rom!:laugh:

Yea I think it does. Here are some of the Nav bar tweaks included.

ad24c407-6961-a38d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

No issue here with he gallery. Did you load the gapps file?

raznalab

Dec 6, 2008
i just noticed my gallery is not there anymore as well.

I uninstalled gallery, reinstalled it from the rom zip and the reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Not sure if the steps in recovery were needed but i do that out of habit. Now its all good. Also note that when my gallery wasn't working, trying to use the camera was locking up my device and i had to hold the power button to reboot. Hope that helps.

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
Love this ROM but for some reason, google play store and swiftkey tablet don't open. Swiftkey force closes (tried 2 versions) and play store just flashes quickly. Running the #2 rom.
Tried a straight flash over the #1 rom without any wiping, the keyboard wouldn't stop fc'ing on me.
Wiped all, installed #2 and I can't run the aforementioned apps.

KiroDawg

Jul 12, 2012
I like this rom but I wish it had tablet mode. I don't like the phone ui on the nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
I like this rom but I wish it had tablet mode. I don't like the phone ui on the nexus 7.

I plan to add a switch for this in the near future.

For all having fc issues please get me a logcat. That helps me figure out what is going on.

As for the hiding of the nav bar. I plan on adding in a slide in and our ability which should help with this. I think the current nav bar size doesn't work.

KiroDawg

Jul 12, 2012
I plan to add a switch for this in the near future.

For all having fc issues please get me a logcat. That helps me figure out what is going on.

As for the hiding of the nav bar. I plan on adding in a slide in and our ability which should help with this. I think the current nav bar size doesn't work.

Thanks, that would be awesome.

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro
How does one get the tablet UI, make everything true HD, higher DPI, etc?

I think the N7 looks better that way, else it just looks like a Nexus phone that got stretched to double the size.

What I have been doing is using ES File Explorer to edit the build.prop in /system, I change the DPI from 213 to 160. I also change the font to "large" in display settings then reboot. On top of that I use Apex launcher because it allows me to make quite a few adjustments.

So far I have not had any issues with apps or the market but YMMV. These shots are not from this rom, but it works the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-36-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-36-27.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-42-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-42-41.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 567
  • Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-43-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-17-08-43-51.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

seriouslyjeff

Apr 12, 2010
Austin
So.... love the rom so far (I do miss tablet mode cooked in, although its an easy fix) however. Is anyone having issues with the play store Widgets (my apps, my movies, magazines, etc) not loading the content? Mine isn't loading my stuff :-\

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro
Last edited:

TahrirSquare

Jan 22, 2012
I flashed the ROM and GAPPS, tried to initiate Google now by holding down (nothing happened) the home button or do a voice search (it says app not installed). Is there a way to get those options back in. Thanks

Edit: I skipped the step of flashing stock GAPPS first, that might be the culprit.

Last edited:

termleech

Nov 12, 2010
McPherson, KS
www.codemonkeyjava.com
I flashed the ROM and GAPPS, tried to initiate Google now by holding down (nothing happened) the home button or do a voice search (it says app not installed). Is there a way to get those options back in. Thanks

Edit: I skipped the step of flashing stock GAPPS first, that might be the culprit.

The Google now should be there. I just swipes up on my tablet and it came up.

bluefirehead

Aug 16, 2012
Love this ROM! Runs smoothly, great customization, and overall best there is now.

And I have tried most.

Cheers to dev keep up the good work.

mohitrocks

Aug 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
This rom is absolutely amazing. If there's one thing I want, it's the ability to have a pure stock theme with the toggles, etc. If it's possible, could someone please create a theme which does just this - changes the keyboard, contacts, etc back to the stock look? Your effort is greatly appreciated :)

bluefirehead

Aug 16, 2012
This rom is absolutely amazing. If there's one thing I want, it's the ability to have a pure stock theme with the toggles, etc. If it's possible, could someone please create a theme which does just this - changes the keyboard, contacts, etc back to the stock look? Your effort is greatly appreciated :)

+1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    baked_reborn_zps1b312900.png

|| Github || Irc || Twitter || Google + ||
    Welcome to a #teamBAKED production. Where our goal is to get you all BAKED. Black Android Kang Everyone Desires that is.
    What did you really think we could include that in the rom! LOL
    Our real goal tho is plain and simple make a stellar black fully inverted rom. Throw in the kitchen sink maintain stability (hopefully) and have fun doing it. Mostly the have fun part tho.​
    about_zps1efd61c7.png
    • Merged to latest android-4.2.2_r1 sources
    • Baked Settings (clone of aokp’s rom control made our way)
    • Includes Powerwidgets (cm10.1) may be removed in the future.
    • Quicksettings (tiles) borrowed from cm and improved upon by baked
    • Includes CM’s custom led control (cm10.1)
    • Lockscreen shortcuts 5 phone 8 tablet (cm10.1)
    • LockClock widget app cloned from cm10.1 and modified by baked
    • Full customized Mms app (baked)
    • Includes koush's new Superuser app made for android 4.2.2 (big thanks to koush for this)
    • Includes DSPManager (cm10.1)
    • Includes CMFileManager (cm10.1) inverted of course
    • All system apps and Gapps fully inverted for your pleasure (baked)
    • Many many more features in and even more stuff planned to come
    • Big thanks to Partimus Prime on the new baked boot animation
    downloads_zpsece049d1.png

Get BAKED rom and gapps Here Click Me
    Check Changelogs when ready here
    credits_zps7980b1c7.png
    • All credit first and foremost goes to Google for making android and making it open source.
    • CyanogenMod obviously for giving onto the hacking community everything they have given.
    • AOKP for there amazing work on aosp.
    • Big thanks to faux for his kernels are our kernls of choice.
    • Pretty much everyone else that we either cherry picked code from or borrowed from to make things work THANK YOU.
    • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    Last but certainly not least #TeamBAKED
    • @travp624
    • @termleech
    • @B_boyTM
    • @mastur_mynd
    • @nycbjr
    • @Drgravy1
    • @Dreamsforgott3n
    • @jdlogan151
    • @dhrb23
    • @ebs512
    • @CliffWade(TeamBAKED PR Rep.)
    • We also like to thank our maintainers and supporters for all there help!
    Disclaimer: TeamBAKED is not responsible for anything you do to your device sorry!
    Re: [ROM] BAKED Grouper Blackbean #7 (1-18-13)

Had my Nexus 7 for a few weeks now (rooted on the day I got it) and I gotta say this is a great ROM. Tried a few but think I might be sticking with this. Is the baked team still updating it or is it a dead ROM? In any case, lovely work.
    ZM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

The rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated. Lol. We are definitely still updating.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    Re: [ROM] BAKED Grouper Blackbean #6 (10-28)

You hear that sound? That is the sound of the build bot starting to fire. Expect to see bb7 soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Being without vital signs implies that the kitty is dead..

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Lol no its not dead fear not. We've been merging things in. It's take some time but we are indeed working on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey Termleech

Some News about the Rom?

Can't wait for Black Backed 4.2 Rom for Nexus 7. :)

Well we have finally gotten 4.2.1 merged in. However to get it working we had to remove a number of things that made baked baked :) So we are in the process of merging back in that functionality. We don't have an ETA yet but I do see a BB7 in the future.