Samsung i8000 (omnia2) android cm6new rom

Search This thread

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
I am facing the same issue, I cannot load my Storage Card.
1. I am confuse with term SD Card here. Is it refer to Storage Card or My Storage? Storage Card means external micro sd card, isn't?
2. I followed the instruction and put the Image to Storage Card. How can I activate the Storage Card Support by editting fstab files? Where can I find these files?
3. I had format Partition 1333Mb to ext4 File System, but I wonder why it always turn to ext3 after I restore TBI file(after ImageRecover step). Is it okay?

Thanks.

your problem is very simple to solve.
1. storage card is let's call it phone's hard drive (the non removable one). sd card (or storage card) is micro sd card (the removable one)
2. the ROM already has the settings to mount sdcard and storage card since you installed it (the ROM) on sd card. you only have to edit files if you choose to install on phone's storage (non removable)
3. ext3/ext4 are almost the same file form on linux so do not worry about it. it is normal.

about the sd card can not load. just boot on windows mobile and the connect your phone on usb sd card mode. after your pc recognize your sd card as removable media, right click onto it and make check disk. disk errors cause your sd card to be non readable

yusak_yy

Oct 10, 2009
your problem is very simple to solve.
1. storage card is let's call it phone's hard drive (the non removable one). sd card (or storage card) is micro sd card (the removable one)
2. the ROM already has the settings to mount sdcard and storage card since you installed it (the ROM) on sd card. you only have to edit files if you choose to install on phone's storage (non removable)
3. ext3/ext4 are almost the same file form on linux so do not worry about it. it is normal.

about the sd card can not load. just boot on windows mobile and the connect your phone on usb sd card mode. after your pc recognize your sd card as removable media, right click onto it and make check disk. disk errors cause your sd card to be non readable

Hi Spkraul,

Thank you for your kind assistance for the newbie like me. It ran well since yesterday and nothing went wrong.

Thanks a bunch.

oskare100

May 1, 2009
Hi! I tried Twister 2 now on my sparephone, i8000, but this rom seems nicer. However, the download link seems broken. Is there any new download link availiable?

tsgan86

Jul 25, 2009
hi, i have tried to install it in the storage but it just hang at the red colour eye page, then i remove the sd card it will boot into android but camera shows there is no sd card so i cant take any picture

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 5

After many tests and research i publish
- Support more SIM
- Improved response
- Corrected some errors
- Upgrade latinimetutorial.apk, feedback.apk and more programs non google. google programs are in their latest versions for android 2.2 and will not be upgraded by the company itself .
- Most programs look like ics / holo (ice cream sandwich - android 4.0.X)
- settings for power saveing
- Resize partition for compatibility with TwisterV2 ROM so that anyone wants to change from one ROM to another can do it in less time

Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( 2.2 ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

Explanation of photo below
1 = home screen (the background is black on purpose because the amoled screen thus consumes less energy. If you want to change select another background with as many black dots. Black and not just dark color.)
2 = menu ics (holo launcher)
3 = ics camera
4 = ics clock
5 = ics contacts
6 = dialer with ics theme , search function and support Greek names . then the default for call if you like
7 = ics file manager
8 = keyboard ics
9 = LOCK ics (holo locker)
10 = dropdown menu samsung galaxy s3/s4 (anttek settings)
11 = ics settings
12 = ics status bar
13 = new android ics task manager (task manager). Listed by long pressing the home. If you do not like , replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button , select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application

installation instructions same as here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42419372&postcount=1
Beware though that here because of different size step 6 is modified
Here the step 6 are as follows :
We create a) a primary fat32 partition with (total mb card minus our 1449 mb), b ) a primary ext4 partition for android with size 1249 mb, c ) a primary linux swap partition with the remaining approximately 200 mb

Last edited:

carlospaco

Oct 24, 2009
- Support more SIM
- Improved response
- Corrected some errors
- Upgrade latinimetutorial.apk, feedback.apk and more programs non google. google programs are in their latest versions for android 2.2 and will not be upgraded by the company itself .
- Resize partition for compatibility with TwisterV2 ROM so that anyone wants to change from one ROM to another can do it in less time

Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( 2.2 ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

1 = home screen (the background is black on purpose because the amoled screen thus consumes less energy. If you want to change select another background with as many black dots. Black and not just dark color.)
3 = ics camera
4 = ics clock
5 = ics contacts
6 = dialer with ics theme , search function and support Greek names . then the default for call if you like
7 = ics file manager
8 = keyboard ics
11 = ics settings
12 = ics status bar
13 = new android ics task manager (task manager). Listed by long pressing the home. If you do not like , replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button , select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application

We create a) a primary fat32 partition with (total mb card minus our 1449 mb), b ) a primary ext4 partition for android with size 1249 mb, c ) a primary linux swap partition with the remaining approximately 200 mb
Hy, this works very fast and good ,only thing is that the wifi doesn,t find my wifi server.
What can i do about that?
Thanks for this rom

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
this is a known cm6 bug. not only my ROM's. just open wifi through settings and immediately reboot your phone (while wifi still open). after you enter android again the bug will disappear. if you meet the bug in the future cure it the same way.

carlospaco

Oct 24, 2009
this is a known cm6 bug. not only my ROM's. just open wifi through settings and immediately reboot your phone (while wifi still open). after you enter android again the bug will disappear. if you meet the bug in the future cure it the same way.
Thanks, it work.
Rom is great , battery and everything. It is best rom i ever tried.
Greetings

rrr

Sep 3, 2007
No downoad link?

Could not find a download link.
linkbucks is not working for me.

Last edited:

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 6

SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 6
- Changed phone support more SIM
- fixed some bugs ( in version 5 reported problems playing MP3 songs and wifi connectivity problems)
- changed phone.apk, deskclock.apk, contacts.apk, and many non google programs.
- Added kit kat lockscreen
- settings for greater energy savings and improve speed
- new phone and clock ics
- Ics on the system, the default phone and the status bar

Note : Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( 2.2 ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

Explanation photo below ( further changes from version 5)
1 = kit kat lockscreen 1
2 = kit kat lockscreen 2
3 = phone ics themed
4 = statusbar ics themed
5 = framework ics themed
6 = ics alarm

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48486739&postcount=25
link for download in the first post.

Attachments

• kitkatlockscreen1.JPG
    kitkatlockscreen1.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 399
  • kitkatlockscreen2.JPG
    kitkatlockscreen2.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 351
  • phoneics.JPG
    phoneics.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 342
  • statusbar.JPG
    statusbar.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 345
  • framework.JPG
    framework.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 325

haymant

Apr 27, 2011
Such as surprise the phone is still supported by you.
Appreciate.
But may I know where is the download link?
I cannot find at the 1st post.

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
click onto "Version6" or "Version5" etc. you can see that version is written with amber (orange) color letters instead of the rest text that is written with black letters. orange means link. click on it and a hyperlink will open.

Reactions: DeusB

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 7

- Changed phone. support more SIM
- Fixed some bugs ( camera and wifi connection)
- Changed almost all android AOSP programs to the latest versions for froyo (2.2.3!!!!) and all google and third party applications to their latest versions , as they exist on play store

Note : Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( android froyo ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

No new photos , as the main difference here relates to the stability of the system and upgrade applications in 2.2.3 , the last for android froyo

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 8

- Remove the lock kitkat that previous versions had and replace the stock locking (which its appearance has been modified to look like ics) which is faster. Anyone can install from the market any LOCK he wants. I recommended the holo locker.
- Changed wifi connection method and I hope this can somehow corrected the error that prevented the phone either to identify or connect to networks. Default is 11 channels, because I think 13 is too crowded. If you can not see your router, change the router to 11 channels or 13 channels on the phone.
- Changed the clock. Now we have jelly bean clock (not ics as before). The alarm works properly (tried)
- Changed the libs on more recent versions
- Replace the default messaging application to send 160 Greek/hebrew etc characters. The additional application handcent SMS removed
- Changed the dialer (phone.apk) with improved signal and better in call menu
- Upgraded other applications on the latest froyo (2.2.3) and all google applications and third in the latest versions, as are on play store
- Applied ics, jelly bean theme in applications and settings
- About 5% improvement in speed.

Note : Also here all changes made ​​having in mind speed, the screen type our mobile (resistive), the platform version of course ( android froyo ) and the look of latest distributions android (4.0 - 4.4). The optional, applications are not installed on the system , so anyone who does not need them, can uninstall them and lighten his cell phone. Anyone who needs them can keep them and make his mobile phone look like more modern. There are other similar applications in the market, but they are not free and so since it is not allowed to distribute commercial applications , anyone who wants can buy them and make his phone beautiful / faster .

Photos of new features attached

link for download in the first post.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: reborn505

spkraul

Nov 4, 2012
Naxos
CM6NEW version 8 with 2.6.32.9 kexec kernel

It is the same on everything with normal cm6new v8 (with kukafei kernel), except the kernel. New features are
- used the kernel and modules from here http://www.modaco.com/topic/354117-kernel-experiment-40-updated-20120528/#entry1953158
- About 5% improvement in speed.
- Unfortunately a bit more power consumption i think
- removed some apps
- added honso multiling keyboard that has arrows and is very helpful with our resistive screen
- added touchpal contacts for faster calling
(two last features can be uninstalled for lighter experience)

No new photos

Last edited:
Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    credits
    - almar (Marc)
    - bsbsbs (Sándor)
    - Egon
    - phj (János)
    - Voyteckst
    - frenkie9999999
    - spiderman1961
    - kukafei
    - linuxsight
    - glimmling
    - MinL
    -Antoxa1998

thanks to all the above the dream of runing android on i8000 came true. and because of their job we were expecting faster and faster, more and more efficient and smooth versions.
    i followed their path. got a version, modified it, combined the best parts of each ROM and i am offering a new ROM much closer to be complete and less beta.

DETAILS ABOUT THE ROM
    It is not based on frenkiedroid as far as i know but followed other path onto chinese ROMS. I think it is faster than any other ROM (tell me if not). It has achived score 1035 on antutu on my class 10 sd card (this is almost the speed of a native android phone using cm6 and this fast hardware)
    According to measuments made using Benchmark & Tuning it is up to 56% faster compared to the already fast frenkiedroid

Tested
    bluetooth
    wi-fi
    3g
    calling
    sms
    radio
    gps
    usb connection
    battery lasts up to 2 days

Changelog
    Version 8
    Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no34)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50188850&postcount=34

Alternative download of cm6new v8 with 2.6.32.9 kexec kernel
    Download from here
    Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no35)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57062016&postcount=35

Version 7
    Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no33)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50188850&postcount=33

Version 6
    Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no30)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49775913&postcount=30

Version 5
    Information, installation instructions and photos below (post no25)

Version 4
    Information and photos below (post no4)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44427775&postcount=4

Version 3
    (mirror) (sendspace service)
    - fixed gsm not working with some SIM cards (now i hope it can work with all networks)
    - improve speed compared to version 2
    - fixed other bugs

Version 2
    - improved build.prop
    - fixed account problem
    - fixed camera problem
    - fixed some crash bugs
    - installed suggested programs (freeware)

Version 1
    (initial release)
    This ROM has preinstalled only the basic programs to allow you add any other program you desire from market.
    I also suggest you another package of apps (dialers, sms apps, pictures and video apps) here

Alternative kernels
    froyob3 kernel
    CM6B2kernel
    mini kernel
    medium kernel
    big kernel (original)

Installation instuctions:

We backup our data on our card
    download mini-tool
    connect your phone with computer on usb disk mode for our sdcard της (alternatively you can select your storage, but here i describe sd-card installation)
    install and run minitool
    select your sd-card and erase all partitions.
    create a) one partition primary fat32 (the sum of sd-card's mb minus 1533 mb), B) one partition primary ext4 for our android sized 1333 mb , γ) one partition primary linux swap with the rest 200 mb
    select apply and wait
    you decompress the file ROM and Tools.rar
    We change the date of our computer on any date of sept 2011
    we run ImageRecover.exe
    select restore (normal) and next
    search on your computer the disk, the folder that our ROM is stored ( .TBI file) and select it
    on the new window select select the last down option
    then on the new window select the partition of our sf card to install (this is the medium partition sized 1333 mb (will write next to it MBR1.....linux native) and click onto it and press next
    On next window when see "all data on linux native partition lost" press "yes" and wait copying to reach 100%
    reopen minitool an if after ext4 partition there is left some unused/unformated space (grey colour) delete linux swap partition and create a new linux swap primary partition including this time the previously seen unused space
    when finish select settings on your phone and change usb connection mode on your phone to "my storage"
    In the root of "my storage" we paste a) haret.exe, B) zImage, c) startup.txt from the folder "copy to storage card root" from the rar we downloaded and decompressed
    Disconnect our phone from usb, enter "my storage" and run haret.exe
    this is the end. android starts. hope you enjoy
    Samsung i8000 (omnia2) android cm6new rom v4

as I promised long ago to publish
    SAMSUNG I8000 (OMNIA2) ANDROID CM6NEW ROM Version 4
    - Support even more SIM
    - Speed ​​improvement - response
    - Corrected some errors
    - Upgrading of most programs
    - Show ics (ice cream sandwich - android 4.0.X)
    - Arrangements for energy savings

The new enhancements took me some time and study. I8000 reaches its limits due to its old drivers that are already written for mobile identical hardware with it.
    Hope you like it and I expect opinions and suggestions to version 5 if there will be any further developments. Otherwise I will try to assist in the plan for android 2.3 on our mobile.

Explanation photo below
    2 = dialer with ics theme, search function names and support many languagesk. Make it default dialer if you like it
    3 = new android ics Task Manager (task manager). Appear with long press of home button. If you do not like replace it with the Advanced Task Manager or ICS Task Manager / Switcher. To open them again by long pressing the central button select Settings / Cyanogenmod Settings / Input / Long-press home settings / select custom application
    4 = ics camera
    5 = menu ics (holo launcher)
    6 = ics settings

For those who want even more contemporary look can choose Active lockscreen or Holo Locker

- Changed phone. support more SIM
    - Fixed some bugs ( camera and wifi connection)
    - Changed almost all android AOSP programs to the latest versions for froyo (2.2.3!!!!) and all google and third party applications to their latest versions , as they exist on play store

No new photos , as the main difference here relates to the stability of the system and upgrade applications in 2.2.3 , the last for android froyo

- Support more SIM
    - Improved response
    - Corrected some errors

3 = ics camera
    4 = ics clock
    5 = ics contacts
    7 = ics file manager
    8 = keyboard ics
    11 = ics settings
    12 = ics status bar

Hi guys, any reports on testing this ROM?
    I want to set up my old Omnia 2 with Android for my gf, so I'm looking for a stable and simple ROM for her.
    Thanx.

You can try either my ROM or twister2 ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2342764
    they are both the same level

the fastest is mine
    faster GPS in on mine (ms-based preconfigured)
    wi-fi i think works a little better on twister
    twister has preloaded facebook etc, while mine has only stock apps
    mine has business (single) coloured menus while twister has fancy (multi) coloured menus

if you want to install optional apps that have ads and you are not expert on android then install twister
    if you want to install apps that do not have ads (or have ads and you are android expert) you can choose mine

please not that some people mentioned that with my ROM their SIM card was not recognized. i am not sure if the same for your SIM, your country.

Only two ROMS to choose. so you need only a few hours to try them both and make your decision. the choise is yours