[Q] Feedback Appreciated..

Search This thread

dougthemug

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Hey everyone, Im previously coming from sg2 and the "legendary land" of project x,...(All hail Bilger!!), And I am considering upgrading to the LG G2 because of its beastly power & batt life, and size, unlike the note 3 which is kindly 2 large for my purposes, but still a great phone none the less. So i ask, has this been a decent phone for the masses? I know that with the storage limited to internal is a pain, but not a deal breaker considering it boasts at least a supposive 24 available gigs of sd storage. I've been doing research per all reviews & pros & cons, but i hope to rely on my xda homies to shed more light & their personal experience with this device....Thanks,,,,

hansgagel

Sep 2, 2011
Hey man, this phone is the best one i ve ever owned... if battery life is important to you, i think this one is the best decision you could possibly make... mine lasts 2 full days with moderate usage (1,5 hrs/day). i think lg made some optimization to bluetooth and wifi etc while the phone is in sleep mode, cause i got my bluetooth enabled all the time... + the snapdragon 800 is a beast! ;)

if you buy it, check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinyroar.xposedlgg2. perfect app!

EDIT: I also came from a sgs2... glad that i got away from samsung. i dont like the way they've choosen in the past...

Last edited:

dukla2000

Nov 24, 2013
Reading.Berkshire.EU
Hey everyone, Im previously coming from sg2 and the "legendary land" of project x,...(All hail Bilger!!), And I am considering upgrading to the LG G2 because of its beastly power & batt life, and size, unlike the note 3 which is kindly 2 large for my purposes, but still a great phone none the less. So i ask, has this been a decent phone for the masses? I know that with the storage limited to internal is a pain, but not a deal breaker considering it boasts at least a supposive 24 available gigs of sd storage. I've been doing research per all reviews & pros & cons, but i hope to rely on my xda homies to shed more light & their personal experience with this device....Thanks,,,,
Also came from an SGS2. Love my G2. Wanted a bigger screen and 4G - got both. Yup I had Kitkat on the S2 but LG JB is OK and hopefully KK will make it officially some day (running stock - have no reason to swap ROMs yet.)

Huge upside - battery life. For my usage had to charge S2 every night (as was down to 20-30%). G2 gives me 3 days use easily and 4 on light usage. Tap-on, love it. Screen glass is better version of gorilla or whatever - my S2 picked up fingerprints like crazy, the G2 glass stays clean. Storage space no sweat as the Wireless sharing works fine for me to xfer to/from PC. Also went berserk and got one of these gadgets for a whopping £1.39 so can carry extra storage with me if I have to (or read micro-SD from my other stuff on the G2 no problem (haven’t tried any OTG device yet.)

Personally figure the G2 is a steal - prices in the UK are pretty much down to Nexus 5 levels and as I was looking for a large, but pocket size, screen, is perfect for me.

ps - also love indicator light which shows if there has been any action (SMS/calls/messages etc) without powering up display.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougthemug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also came from an SGS2. Love my G2. Wanted a bigger screen and 4G - got both. Yup I had Kitkat on the S2 but LG JB is OK and hopefully KK will make it officially some day (running stock - have no reason to swap ROMs yet.)

Huge upside - battery life. For my usage had to charge S2 every night (as was down to 20-30%). G2 gives me 3 days use easily and 4 on light usage. Tap-on, love it. Screen glass is better version of gorilla or whatever - my S2 picked up fingerprints like crazy, the G2 glass stays clean. Storage space no sweat as the Wireless sharing works fine for me to xfer to/from PC. Also went berserk and got one of these gadgets for a whopping £1.39 so can carry extra storage with me if I have to (or read micro-SD from my other stuff on the G2 no problem (haven’t tried any OTG device yet.)

Personally figure the G2 is a steal - prices in the UK are pretty much down to Nexus 5 levels and as I was looking for a large, but pocket size, screen, is perfect for me.

ps - also love indicator light which shows if there has been any action (SMS/calls/messages etc) without powering up display.