HowTo: Flash Any Ruu

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
First off, as always, if this causes any damage, or loss of anykind anyhow anyway I am not at fault, don't blame me.

So you rooted? But no longer want root? or want to downgrade to 1.5 with an ruu? or want to flash one of the PB00IMG like the root one with an engineering bootloader?

Tonight I made another custom misc.img, it is attached to this post. You will also need flash_image which can be found here. http://www.multiupload.com/KS2JCAMGBH

Run these commands as root:

Code:
adb push flash_image /data/local/flash_image
adb push misc.img /data/local/misc.img
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell /data/local/flash_image misc misc.img

Now you can flash any known (to me) ruu or PB00IMG

Attachments

• misc.img.zip
    995 bytes · Views: 1,041
Last edited:
Reactions: bftb0

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
The hits keep on coming!

I suppose this should work equally well for PB00IMG.ZIP installs (from the corresponding RUUs), yes?

This should make life easier for "unrooters"; now if there just some way to convince them that there is really only 1 reason to unroot a phone ;)

bftb0

rvpartsguy

Jan 29, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
my only reason for unrooting is sending my phone back ......which i will be doing this weekend..... refurb is suppose to be here today

thanks jcase ....thanks for the continued work on the eris .....

Last edited:

DS36

Apr 4, 2010
Florida
my only reason for unrooting is sending my phone back ......which i will be doing this weekend..... refurb is suppose to be here today

thanks jcase ....thanks for the continued work on the eris .....

Exactaly i just got my beautiful refurb

BTW EVERYONE,......,
if u have a custom boot screen u will want to take it off first or you will be locking it in

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

kalala

Mar 25, 2010
The commands are the same thing for OSX, right? Drag tools to Terminal and then just copy and paste those lines of commands?

D

Deleted member 2736821

When I try it it just keeps saying push: not found.

Yeah dude, those instructions didn't work for me either. This is what I did (and it worked):
Code:
adb shell flash_image misc /data/local/misc.img

derickmc

Jun 18, 2010
Nampa, ID
do we put the two files into the SDK/Tools folder? or are we putting them on the SD card and running these commands while the phone is in recovery? Sorry I'm a little new to this.

zachy1029

Aug 10, 2010
hey guys, sorry but i'm really confused as to what to do here. i'm running evil eris and i want to downgrade to 2.1leak to get a refurb eris. i'm a complete noob with all the sdk stuff. i've gotten as far as putting the two files in the sdk/tools folder, lol. if someone could help me out with this, it'd be greatly appreciated...thanks a ton.

jonscapri

Jun 13, 2010
Just flash the pbooimg.zip back onto the phone. Out should be good from there.

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

Jasonson

Jul 2, 2010
niether worked for me. the original post reads.. error opening misc.img: no such file or directory...your method reads..error reading : /data/loca/misc.img headed : Is a directory:confused:

Yeah dude, those instructions didn't work for me either. This is what I did (and it worked):
Code:
adb shell flash_image misc /data/local/misc.img

tophunterz

Jul 22, 2010
Me! Me ! Me! too please

Hey I am not understanding what to do either. I have a rooted eris that the screen started flaking out so i Have to send it back.

I rooted alright and I have a basic understanding of the recovery stuff. But could you guys either tell me what to do from scratch on this one or point me in the right direction.

I've been searching the forum for 2 weeks trying to learn how. My kids are teasing me now cuz all I do at home try to learn about this stuff. Well anyway I would appreciate some help.:D:D:D:D:D

tophunterz

Jul 22, 2010
I have just opened a can of worms

Wow!!! I truly did not realize the full extent of what yous guys are doing on this website. You are smart people!!! hahahaha I opened a can of worms and can't get it shut again.

You guys are the ones writing and developing all kinds of programs.

i hope you guys arent taking this the wrong way!!!

I honestly didnt realize till I researched and found the HTC Developers center.

I have no buisness trying to do any of this stuff!

If some can help me out I would appreciate it!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, as always, if this causes any damage, or loss of anykind anyhow anyway I am not at fault, don't blame me.

So you rooted? But no longer want root? or want to downgrade to 1.5 with an ruu? or want to flash one of the PB00IMG like the root one with an engineering bootloader?

Tonight I made another custom misc.img, it is attached to this post. You will also need flash_image which can be found here. http://www.multiupload.com/KS2JCAMGBH

Run these commands as root:

Code:
    adb shell /data/local/flash_image misc misc.img

Now you can flash any known (to me) ruu or PB00IMG
    Doing this without ADB or command line (w/ custom recovery)

If you have a custom recovery (AmonRa or ClockworkMod) on your Eris, I set this up as a flashable zip file (attached).

Please note:

1) This is for the HTC Eris ONLY. You don't unzip it, you just flash it like you would a ROM from your custom recovery.

2) The included "misc.img" file which is flashed to the misc partition is from the OP

3) The Eris "misc" partition contains the CID; in this case "VZW__001". Folks who have have had their phones "flashed" to another carrier besides Verizon have reported that using this required their phones to be re-flashed again. (Makes sense, as the CID value is passed to the booting kernel by the bootloader).

Thanks to jcase for disclosing this so many moons ago.

bftb0

Eris_FlashAnyRUU.zip:
    53,799 bytes (approx "52.5 KB")
    MD5 sig: cce7837bfecd7563ad5712ee7d92f085