[Q] How to ROOT the new V10d?

Search This thread

strahinjakupusinac

Aug 21, 2011
Ok, I got it. My method is based on those already mentioned but it's slightly different.

You will need SuperOneClick 1.9.5 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16178337&postcount=34 and root.zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15938425&postcount=30

1. Unzip SuperOneClick 1.9.5
  2. Unzip root.zip and copy "su" and "superuser.apk" to your sd card
  3. Run SuperOneclick 1.9.5 as administrator (Right click -> Run as asministrator)
  4. Select the psneuter exploit method
  5. Click on Shell Root. It will get thru different statuses in a row but then it stucks on one, while the SuperOneClick window says running: psneuter. Now close the black cmd window and SuperOneClick should continue until you get a message that you have a temporary root. Close that message window.
  6. Open cmd.exe (start->run->cmd.exe" or do a link on your desktop of cmd.exe). Remember to launch cmd.exe as administrator.
  7. Navigate to the ADB folder in cmd (It's where you extracted SuperOneClick)
  8. Now enter these commands:
    • adb shell (When Shellroot worked, you should see a "#" on the shell)
    • mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system
    • cat /sdcard/su > /system/bin/su
    • cat /sdcard/superuser.apk > /system/app/superuser.apk
    • chown root.root /system/bin/su
    • The phone will now restart. Wait until it restarts and then repeat steps 3-7 and continue with next commands
    • chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    • chown root.root /system/app/superuser.apk
    • chmod 0644 /system/app/superuser.apk
    • reboot

The phone will reboot and you should have Super User application installed on the phone.

Thanks to angelox82 :)

Reactions: xanathos
Jul 29, 2011
Im having a problem, Im trying to root using the 1.9.5 version, everything goes well no reboots etc. but when writing commands into cmd.exe (which i ran as administrator) it says to me: /tmp/su: No such file or directory, and yes i have copied the root.zip files to the ADB folder in C/temp/ADB following the instructions..anyone knows what could ma problem be? I guess its just i stupid thing that i have not considered. ;)

Edit: I succeeded to root the device, i can see Superuser in my app drawer, but any app which requires root says my device is not rooted...anyone knows what could it be?

Last edited:

raycheng0610

Aug 31, 2011
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
***YOU FOLLOW AND DO THIS PROCEDURE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POSSIBLE DAMAGES YOU MIGHT DO AT YOUR DEVICE WHILE ROOTING YOUR DEVICE FOLLOWING THIS PROCEDURE***
I REMEMBER TO YOU THAT ROOTING YOUR DEVICE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

now you can begin:
  • first of all i used the 1.9.5 version of SuperOneClick, because it opens the shell windows while doing the root. the 2.0beta and over don't.

-you can find SuperOneClick here: (CLICK HERE) NOTE: antivirus might block the access to the file because of a possible virus. it is a FALSE POSITIVE it is reported as virus only because it is an EXPLOIT to root the device... and it's not a legal thing.
-you can find root files and xantaro's commands here: (CLICK HERE)

now:
  • unzip the SuperOneClick files in c:\temp on your pc (to make it easier and faster to use the dos prompt later)
  • unzip the root.zip files in your ADB folder (which is always there in c:\temp ... it should be c:\temp\ADB)
  • open SuperOneclick as administrator
  • then i've selected the psneuter1 (or psneuter, it depends what your SuperOneClick shows) exploit method, with the gingerbreak exploit it didn't work (for me, don't know if worked to others but it seems gingerbreak is not working anymore on O.B.)
  • at this point click on Shell Root. It will open different shell windows in a row but then it stucks on one window, while the SuperOneClick windows says running: psneuter

NOW WAIT:
at that point i didn't quite understand if it's better to close that stuck window and then immediately open a CMD.EXE window (start-->run-->cmd.exe" or do a link on your desktop of cmd.exe), or if it's better to open CMD.EXE first and then close that stuck shell window... you can try about them both. Of course remember to launch cmd.exe as administrator. (actually it seems it works better if you open the CMD.EXE BEFORE closing that stuck shell window)

anyway after that, if it worked, you get a popup in the SuperOneClick window which says that your device has a temporary root. OK, NOW DON'T CLOSE THIS POP UP, DON'T CLICK ON [OK] and now quickly move to your CMD.EXE window.

in your CMD.EXE window write:
CD\
CD temp\ADB

now you're in c:\temp\ADB and you can go on with the rest as xantaro wrote:

NOW Enter the following commands in shell (exactly as it is wrote, respect spaces etc):

now your device will reboot, unplug it from your computer, get ROOT CHECK, or Titanium Backup from the market or every other app that requires root and check if it worked :)

thanks a lot ! haha rooted so easy

and also i use the method that close that stuck window and then immediately open a CMD.EXE window

rimatox

Jul 1, 2011
Trondheim
I got the EU Version of 10c rootet with this method:

1. Download and start SuperoneClick, click Shell Root
2. When it hangs up on a black CMD windows, close this Window. (You should have Shell Root now)
3. Unpack the attached File in your ADB Folder.
4. open a Command Prompt and enter "adb push su /tmp/" & adb push superuser.apk /tmp/"
5. Type "adb shell" ( When Shellroot worked, you should se a "#" on the shell
6. Enter the following commands in shell:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system
cat /tmp/su > /system/bin/su
cat /tmp/superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
chown root.root /system/bin/su
chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
chown root.root /system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
reboot

7. The Phone will now reboot, after reboot it´s rooted again

this didn't work for me, I did everything and it did what it said, but I didn't get superuser installed. I cant find it and apps won't ask for root permissions... I'm using 10e.

Last edited:

frastgr

Mar 1, 2011
Has someone managed to root the new v10G of optimus black, please? If so, which way? is gingerbreak working?

thanks

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
随便顶一顶。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Please post an english translation alongside your original message if you wish to post in another language. Thankyou.

如果你想用另一种语言后,请张贴您的原始邮件一起的英文翻译。三江源。

Sobralobo

Jul 9, 2011
Setúbal
You're welcome. Glad to see it works for you too.
Hope it will help more people. ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

ferdi7103

Apr 14, 2008
Surabaya
Thanks.. Mr. Sobralobo.. yours method conform work for me on my Optimus Black V.10D , Indonesian firmware.

Great job for you

choleong

Apr 9, 2011
I have tried all the method mentioned in this post while same problem appeared.
When I typed cat /tmp/su > /system/bin/su,
the cmd show that "cannot creat /system/bin/su: read-only file sytem"
And I typed "cat /tmp/superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk"
it showed that "cannot creat /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file sytem"

I have confirmed that I enter both superoneclick and cmd as administrator.
Some other method such as USB debugging, installed superuser app before,
compatability with other OS(win xp,win7), all in no vein.:mad:

Any one can help me to trackle this problem:confused: Thank you very much.

vancem

Sep 6, 2011
Choliong, make sure you got the first line right, evry space and comma matters, its the one tht changes it from read only to rewritable

Reactions: boqonx

srik73

Aug 8, 2011
Bangalore
I have tried all the method mentioned in this post while same problem appeared.
When I typed cat /tmp/su > /system/bin/su,
the cmd show that "cannot creat /system/bin/su: read-only file sytem"
And I typed "cat /tmp/superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk"
it showed that "cannot creat /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file sytem"

I have confirmed that I enter both superoneclick and cmd as administrator.
Some other method such as USB debugging, installed superuser app before,
compatability with other OS(win xp,win7), all in no vein.:mad:

Any one can help me to trackle this problem:confused: Thank you very much.
Hi choleong,
Try the method specified by Sobralobo

Well I was trying few methods and I discovered by myself one that worked for me.
First I download UPK 2.4.4 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111771 ) by Ilko, installed all drivers on it. I plug my phone (allow non market app and debogage USB active of course). Then, I launch SuperOneClick (last version) and let in on auto. Now choose shell root and at step 4 (or else) it stucks. I closed SuperOneClick and then launch it again, choose psneuter exploit and shell root. It said to me that phone is root. Don't close SuperOneClick ! So I launch SRP script of Ilko. It works and success my phone reboot, rooted.

If it works for most of you I will make a thread. Hope it helps.

ephidor

Sep 14, 2011
the above technique does work for p970 v2.10c+

the problem is the adb processes

you physically have to go into task manager and close down adb.exe to make sure you dont have more than the adb.exe that loaded when u started oneclick

basically a trial and error

also i created a tmp folder on my C:\ drive and copied the contents of the one click folder in there also i put the superuser and su files in the adb folder within the tmp folder i created

also disabling anti virus helps

took me over an hour of messing with the adb.exes to allow me to upload the files onto the phone so i start chmod the important files

so basically i i started oneclick 1.9.5 from the tmp folder i created - i then click on root shell

i waited a minute then opened up task manager and closed down one of the adb.exe

i then opened a cmd prompt window and directed it to the tmp folder
then adb folder
then typed in the important lines and /tmp/su to /bin/ etc

u might have to keep closing down an adb exe from task manager every time u type in those lines

then i type adb shell to create a shell window

i rooted phone on v2.10e p970 with this technique

Reactions: murrun

quinckekorotkoffqk

Jun 13, 2009
can someone make it easy method to root. i can follow upto superoneclick steps ,which gets stuck at rooting step 4. any help plz.:)
there after steps suggested above i m not able to make it right. i can open cmd.exe window . writing further in it is bit complicated. any help.

Last edited:

murrun

Aug 8, 2007
Well I was trying few methods and I discovered by myself one that worked for me.
First I download UPK 2.4.4 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111771) by Ilko, installed all drivers on it. I plug my phone (allow non market app and debogage USB active of course). Then, I launch SuperOneClick (last version) and let in on auto. Now choose shell root and at step 4 (or else) it stucks. I closed SuperOneClick and then launch it again, choose psneuter exploit and shell root. It said to me that phone is root. Don't close SuperOneClick ! So I launch SRP script of Ilko. It works and success my phone reboot, rooted.

If it works for most of you I will make a thread. :) Hope it helps.

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA Premium App

success with v10e europe!

thanks for this ultra-easy method.

globe-trotter

Sep 18, 2011
Hey guys! I'm a newbie here in this forum. This is my first phone with android.
Has anybody tried any of method for root on p970 v10g?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the EU Version of 10c rootet with this method:

1. Download and start SuperoneClick, click Shell Root
    2. When it hangs up on a black CMD windows, close this Window. (You should have Shell Root now)
    3. Unpack the attached File in your ADB Folder.
    4. open a Command Prompt and enter "adb push su /tmp/" & adb push superuser.apk /tmp/"
    5. Type "adb shell" ( When Shellroot worked, you should se a "#" on the shell
    6. Enter the following commands in shell:

Code:
    reboot

7. The Phone will now reboot, after reboot it´s rooted again
    PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
    ***YOU FOLLOW AND DO THIS PROCEDURE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POSSIBLE DAMAGES YOU MIGHT DO AT YOUR DEVICE WHILE ROOTING YOUR DEVICE FOLLOWING THIS PROCEDURE***
    I REMEMBER TO YOU THAT ROOTING YOUR DEVICE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

now you can begin:
    • first of all i used the 1.9.5 version of SuperOneClick, because it opens the shell windows while doing the root. the 2.0beta and over don't.

-you can find SuperOneClick here: (CLICK HERE) NOTE: antivirus might block the access to the file because of a possible virus. it is a FALSE POSITIVE it is reported as virus only because it is an EXPLOIT to root the device... and it's not a legal thing.
    -you can find root files and xantaro's commands here: (CLICK HERE)

now:
    • unzip the SuperOneClick files in c:\temp on your pc (to make it easier and faster to use the dos prompt later)
    • unzip the root.zip files in your ADB folder (which is always there in c:\temp ... it should be c:\temp\ADB)
    • open SuperOneclick as administrator
    • then i've selected the psneuter1 (or psneuter, it depends what your SuperOneClick shows) exploit method, with the gingerbreak exploit it didn't work (for me, don't know if worked to others but it seems gingerbreak is not working anymore on O.B.)
    • at this point click on Shell Root. It will open different shell windows in a row but then it stucks on one window, while the SuperOneClick windows says running: psneuter

NOW WAIT:
    at that point i didn't quite understand if it's better to close that stuck window and then immediately open a CMD.EXE window (start-->run-->cmd.exe" or do a link on your desktop of cmd.exe), or if it's better to open CMD.EXE first and then close that stuck shell window... you can try about them both. Of course remember to launch cmd.exe as administrator. (actually it seems it works better if you open the CMD.EXE BEFORE closing that stuck shell window)

anyway after that, if it worked, you get a popup in the SuperOneClick window which says that your device has a temporary root. OK, NOW DON'T CLOSE THIS POP UP, DON'T CLICK ON [OK] and now quickly move to your CMD.EXE window.

in your CMD.EXE window write:
    CD\
    CD temp\ADB

now you're in c:\temp\ADB and you can go on with the rest as xantaro wrote:

adb push su /tmp/
    adb push superuser.apk /tmp/
    adb shell (When Shellroot worked, you should see a "#" on the shell)

NOW Enter the following commands in shell (exactly as it is wrote, respect spaces etc):

reboot

now your device will reboot, unplug it from your computer, get ROOT CHECK, or Titanium Backup from the market or every other app that requires root and check if it worked :)
    First I download UPK 2.4.4 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111771) by Ilko, installed all drivers on it. I plug my phone (allow non market app and debogage USB active of course). Then, I launch SuperOneClick (last version) and let in on auto. Now choose shell root and at step 4 (or else) it stucks. I closed SuperOneClick and then launch it again, choose psneuter exploit and shell root. It said to me that phone is root. Don't close SuperOneClick ! So I launch SRP script of Ilko. It works and success my phone reboot, rooted.

If it works for most of you I will make a thread. :) Hope it helps.

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA Premium App
    Any news? I need root to unistall the lg apps :rolleyes:
    Why ,now that BlackJack exist, everyone don't use it ? It's the fastest method and use just need to plug your phone to your computer and run an .exe file.

EDIT : grilled by Ilko himself lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium