[NEW THREAD][AROMA][AT&T TouchWiz 4.3 Leak Port] Sky Note 4.3 RC9Z-3.9.1(12/13/13)

Should we:

• Post the ALPHA 4.3 rom (no Aircommand or N3 Fea.)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Wait until we finish the Release Candidate

Votes: 43 87.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
This is an port of Sky Note from our sister AT&T Note 2 variant.This ROM is developed by seanzscreams and wouldn't have been possible to be working on our Verizon Note 2 without the hard work of runandhide05 along with several others. Keep in mind that while this runs pretty well there are naturally bugs so be forwarded. I'll try to keep this updated as more bugs are found but so far from my time running this it's pretty smooth with a few exceptions.

I want to give thanks to lacoursiere18, scoobiesnack, runandhide05, WarlockLord (if I forgot to add your name let me know) for the hours of frustrating futile attempts to fix sms and for the logs and ideas that were passed around which eventually led me to the right fix for sms.

AngryManMLS originally started this port so if you like this rom be sure to give him a HUGE thanks for all of the hard work he put into this. He has moved on now to help on other projects and I will be continuing the development on the port.

Original Sky Note ROM thread by seanzscreams with info, pictures, etc.

TouchWiz 4.3 Base Thread by runandhide05

BUGS AND NOTES (UPDATES) :

- Wifi does not work without applying the Wifi Fix that I have detailed below.
- Signal bars not working
-potential rootloss ( some are experiencing root loss while others are not at the moment)
-About Phone - About device force closes.
(FIXED BY PATCH - Thanks scoobysnack ! Link below)

If there's anything else in terms of bugs etc I'll update this accordingly.

ROM DOWNLOADS

RC9Z-3.9.1 AROMA BUILD

This build is the newest build posted. Do not choose the 62 db mod as it breaks speakerphone. ( Viper audio is my suggested audio mod - choose NEON processor )

DOWNLOAD:
md5: 7031a6d15d541878a13609907bdba6e4
url: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319195669
Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwal6uiTcz28emNhQ0dnTFlNZVE/edit?usp=sharing

Mirror 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf7b4w7b6h3mq70/Base_Sky_Note_4.3_R9Z3.9.1_N3.zip

Then

Flash the new firmware: mj9 in odin
link

B]R9Z-3 Aroma N3 Features[/B] ( Special thanks to fkfmfz for the first aroma installer and teaching me how to AROMA ! )

DOWNLOAD LINK

MD5: f042e4acf0f1dc9037913c0d5a8e7650

Older Builds:

[
B]R9Z-3 Aroma N3 Features[/B] ( Special thanks to fkfmfz for the first aroma installer and teaching me how to AROMA ! )

DOWNLOAD LINK

Ill do a changelog as soon as I have a chance. I'm working long hours this weekend.

NOTE: this build is themed by fkfmfz I'll be adding a choice for stock theme soon.

R9Z-2 with N3 Features

-- Copy Host --
Google-Drive
Android-File-Host

MD5 checksum : 350bd65acbbf4d0c8897c747eeda8bbd

If you like toggles, after installing open the app named: "MasterToggleMod" to get all toggles activated.

RC9Z with N3 Features (11/26/13)

Copy host

Note: You shouldnt need the Devil2 kernel or the AirCommand addon for this build. But if you don't have wifi try using this kernel.

Also worth mentioning I forgot to change the build # in build prop on this build so it will still show as R9X.

Instructions: Flash rom ---> hold on tight.

RC9x (11/26/13)

Copy host

Instructions:
Clean flash only.
Install rom and upon first boot you should have instant data.
If your wifi doesn't turn on flash this kernel.

If you would like the spen features flash the AirCommand addon.

RC9-1 (11/22/13)

Copy host

RC8-2 (11/14/12)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

RC8 (11/11/13)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

MD5: c7bf06fee5c4b4af19b2bf0ce66de935

AirCommand:

AirCommand Link (Updated Link 11/29/13 ) ******

REMEMBER:
This ROM is still a work in progress. It has however proven to be very solid and quite acceptable for use as a daily driver. Still I'm not responsible if you brick your phone or if your dog catches on fire when you flash it. Its all on you. Enjoy :)

WIFI FIX Flashable MJ9 Modem/Params

Flash THIS in recovery

scoobysnack and I made this flashable so devs if you want to use this zip in your thread no need to ask , just give us proper credit ;)

CHANGE LOG

Changes done on each version by seanzscreams are in his notes.
R9Z-3.9.1
* Updated AROMA
* Reverted Base layer of n3 apps to same base used in R9Z-2
* Slipstreamed newest R9Z Update
* Added more options to AROMA
* Small bug fixes
* Added choice of launchers ( Stock , 5x6, APEX, Nova, KitKat Launcher)

R9Z-3.5-
* Updated Xposed Module Wanam
* Reverted theme to stock
* Updated GMScore
* Fixed Aroma Installer
* Updater-script Edits
* Changed Devil2 kernel installation to Raw image.
* Updated SuperSU to 1.80
* Added xposed module Status bar tint and per app DPI
* VIPER Audio Mod option in aroma
* Some other small edits / tweaks/ changes

R9Z-2 - settings FC fixes - (scoobysnack)
- Integrated some sprint framework via smali swaps
- integrated MasterToggleMod and activator app

Verizon Port Changes
R9Z
- added note 3 features
- small bug fixes

R9x

- Fixes to build prop
- New ril
- Fixed sms
- Fix dialer pad
- Fixed rootloss ( mixed results)

R9-1

- Slipstreamed R9 base
- Prepare rom for note 3 features

R8-2

- Integrated MMS fix by stvn1337. Worked for me but others are reporting its not working.
- Slipstreamed the R8-2 update into the R8-1 ROM release.
- Removed the Lightsaber S-Pen sounds added into R8-1/R8-2.

Thanks to seanzscreams for the ROM and Wifi fix, runandhide05, lacoursiere18, and 1Brite1 for the Verizon data fix, AngryManMLS for the port stvn1337 for confirming the Wifi fix works and for the MMS fix, moosiemooses for contributing to helping with the send SMS as MMS fix, and anyone I forgot to mention for all the hard work that has went into this.

Last edited:

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
MODS & ADDONS:

Signal Bars SUDOFix by scoobysnack
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ratv331x2uesld0/Signalbar_R9Z3.9.1.zip

Note: this fix is purely aesthetic. It does not actually fix the status bars.

MMS MODS
This flashable MMS mod includes:

* Split mode in landscape option
* SMS 1000/UNLIMITED RECIPIENT LIMIT
* Some group messaging patches
* Scheduled Messaging

Split-View in portrait is my next mod. Enjoy :)

Alternative System UI
Sprint UI - (Source: locolbd )
LINK

Stock UI with Network Meter
Copy Link

Revert to normal UI - LINK

Alternative Launchers
Touchwiz 5x6 Mod
- Link

Return to Stock
Link

Weather Mods
Transparent Weather Mod:
- Link

Toggle Activators
Download Master of the toggles - HERE:

- Mirror -

Steps: Flash, Profit

One step Mod ;)

Volume Mod

Last edited:

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
MasterToggleMod - for any Touchwiz 4.3 Rom

Developers, feel free to use this mod or link to it in your thread just remember to give proper credit for it:)

This mod should give you 24 toggles, and its so easy even a caveman can do it.

Instructions -
1. Flash zip.
2. Open app "MasterToggleMod"
3. Profit.

---------- LINK ----------

Mirror

MD5- 5ea7baaf0820be8007061b9862edf015

Note: This mod is cooked into roms R9Z-2 + , no need to flash it.

Last edited:

chiefsfan69

May 13, 2013
Just to maybe help or just to give a heads up but i have been able to backup and restore this rom multiple times with success. Not sure if the op just needs updated our not on this?!? Thank you for the rom and thank everyone who is helping to make things better...

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
Just to maybe help or just to give a heads up but i have been able to backup and restore this rom multiple times with success. Not sure if the op just needs updated our not on this?!? Thank you for the rom and thank everyone who is helping to make things better...

Thanks for letting me know. I'll update the main post.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: dudeicles

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
Oddly enough I was never able to restore properly. It would just boot loop on me.

I just tried it and it did take forever to get past the boot screen but it finally came up. It is odd that some people are having trouble and others aren't. I may look into the boot.img , I will note that I did my Nandroid with note 3 features installed.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
I just tried it and it did take forever to get past the boot screen but it finally came up. It is odd that some people are having trouble and others aren't. I may look into the boot.img , I will note that I did my Nandroid with note 3 features installed.

Yeah I think I had it sit for close to 10 minutes then gave up. Tried on R8-2 when I had the Note 2.

And for those who are wondering why the change in things here's my post from the previous thread...

AngryManMLS said:
I want to thank everyone who has used this port, everyone who has contributed, and everyone who has posted in this thread. I've been very overwhelmed with all the positivity you have all given on the work that has been done. I can't emphasis on how many hours I've spent on this between testing builds, figuring out things, and what not let alone communicating with several of you privately on fixes. With that being said I'm officially handing the continuation of this ROM port over to stvn1337 as I've recently moved on to the Note 3.

Thank you everyone once again. It's been a great honor to have been able to for a small bit of time find a way to contribute a bit for our Galaxy Note 2 (outside of helping with Vanir ROM as well during the early days of 4.3 AOSP ROMs).

chiefsfan69

May 13, 2013
Yeah I think I had it sit for close to 10 minutes then gave up. Tried on R8-2 when I had the Note 2.

And for those who are wondering why the change in things here's my post from the previous thread...

Well sad to see you go but thank you for bringing this over and sharing the goods. .. I think the will be good things for this rom

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

By note 3 features you mean air command? I'm just making sure I am not missing some features lol

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
Well sad to see you go but thank you for bringing this over and sharing the goods. .. I think the will be good things for this rom

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

By note 3 features you mean air command? I'm just making sure I am not missing some features lol

Yep , air command. :)

Reactions: chiefsfan69

scoobysnack

May 31, 2007

Well I have a note 3 also so I guess I'll see you on the other forums also. Thanks again for this rom it got me started on trying to make a custom rom of my own.

Reactions: TheLoonyRebel

drarkanex

I backed up my entire phone... with my usb otg cable.. formatted the int sd card and ext sdcard. Then loaded this rom. Flawless other than no sms.. but sending as mms works. However how can I set it to always send as mms.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

chiefsfan69

May 13, 2013
Yep , air command. :)

OK cool Thank you, yes I've got air command working here also. Wierd though cause I've been able to backup and restore like 3 or 4 different timHaes to and from this rom. The one thing that I can't get working on this rom is any handwriting? It won't let me pull up the handwriting pad at any time at all?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I backed up my entire phone... with my usb otg cable.. formated the int sd card and ext sdcard. Then loaded this rom. Flawless other than no sms.. but sending as mms works. However how can I set it to always send as mms.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I don't know that you can? But if you do the "add slide" it will convert it everytime. The extra step is just a minor inconvenience until we can figure out the fix

Reactions: drarkanex

scoobysnack

May 31, 2007
Well people I have some good news and some bad news. I have the dialer working the bad news is I can no longer send MMS. I'm still working on it and hope to have it working in the morning. :D

stvn1337

Jan 24, 2010
Chatsworth
Well people I have some good news and some bad news. I have the dialer working the bad news is I can no longer send MMS. I'm still working on it and hope to have it working in the morning. :D

You mean to dial in a call? If you go to *#*#4636#*#* and choose LTE/gsm/CDMA as your preferred network and then toggle airplane mode on and off , both dialer and MMS should work.

real0325

Feb 11, 2011
I didn't get to try them, did the note 3 features work?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an port of Sky Note from our sister AT&T Note 2 variant.This ROM is developed by seanzscreams and wouldn't have been possible to be working on our Verizon Note 2 without the hard work of runandhide05 along with several others. Keep in mind that while this runs pretty well there are naturally bugs so be forwarded. I'll try to keep this updated as more bugs are found but so far from my time running this it's pretty smooth with a few exceptions.

I want to give thanks to lacoursiere18, scoobiesnack, runandhide05, WarlockLord (if I forgot to add your name let me know) for the hours of frustrating futile attempts to fix sms and for the logs and ideas that were passed around which eventually led me to the right fix for sms.

AngryManMLS originally started this port so if you like this rom be sure to give him a HUGE thanks for all of the hard work he put into this. He has moved on now to help on other projects and I will be continuing the development on the port.

Original Sky Note ROM thread by seanzscreams with info, pictures, etc.

TouchWiz 4.3 Base Thread by runandhide05

BUGS AND NOTES (UPDATES) :

- Wifi does not work without applying the Wifi Fix that I have detailed below.
    - Signal bars not working
    -potential rootloss ( some are experiencing root loss while others are not at the moment)
    -About Phone - About device force closes.
    (FIXED BY PATCH - Thanks scoobysnack ! Link below)

If there's anything else in terms of bugs etc I'll update this accordingly.

ROM DOWNLOADS

RC9Z-3.9.1 AROMA BUILD

This build is the newest build posted. Do not choose the 62 db mod as it breaks speakerphone. ( Viper audio is my suggested audio mod - choose NEON processor )

DOWNLOAD:
    md5: 7031a6d15d541878a13609907bdba6e4
    url: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319195669
    Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwal6uiTcz28emNhQ0dnTFlNZVE/edit?usp=sharing

Mirror 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf7b4w7b6h3mq70/Base_Sky_Note_4.3_R9Z3.9.1_N3.zip

Then

Flash the new firmware: mj9 in odin
    link

DOWNLOAD LINK

Older Builds:

[

DOWNLOAD LINK

Ill do a changelog as soon as I have a chance. I'm working long hours this weekend.

NOTE: this build is themed by fkfmfz I'll be adding a choice for stock theme soon.

R9Z-2 with N3 Features

-- Copy Host --
    Google-Drive
    Android-File-Host

MD5 checksum : 350bd65acbbf4d0c8897c747eeda8bbd

If you like toggles, after installing open the app named: "MasterToggleMod" to get all toggles activated.

RC9Z with N3 Features (11/26/13)

Copy host

Note: You shouldnt need the Devil2 kernel or the AirCommand addon for this build. But if you don't have wifi try using this kernel.

Also worth mentioning I forgot to change the build # in build prop on this build so it will still show as R9X.

Instructions: Flash rom ---> hold on tight.

RC9x (11/26/13)

Copy host

Instructions:
    Clean flash only.
    Install rom and upon first boot you should have instant data.
    If your wifi doesn't turn on flash this kernel.

If you would like the spen features flash the AirCommand addon.

RC9-1 (11/22/13)

Copy host

RC8-2 (11/14/12)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

RC8 (11/11/13)

Android File Host

Dev-Host

MD5: c7bf06fee5c4b4af19b2bf0ce66de935

AirCommand:

AirCommand Link (Updated Link 11/29/13 ) ******

REMEMBER:
    This ROM is still a work in progress. It has however proven to be very solid and quite acceptable for use as a daily driver. Still I'm not responsible if you brick your phone or if your dog catches on fire when you flash it. Its all on you. Enjoy :)

WIFI FIX Flashable MJ9 Modem/Params

Flash THIS in recovery

scoobysnack and I made this flashable so devs if you want to use this zip in your thread no need to ask , just give us proper credit ;)

CHANGE LOG

Changes done on each version by seanzscreams are in his notes.
    R9Z-3.9.1
    * Updated AROMA
    * Reverted Base layer of n3 apps to same base used in R9Z-2
    * Slipstreamed newest R9Z Update
    * Added more options to AROMA
    * Small bug fixes
    * Added choice of launchers ( Stock , 5x6, APEX, Nova, KitKat Launcher)

R9Z-3.5-
    * Updated Xposed Module Wanam
    * Reverted theme to stock
    * Updated GMScore
    * Fixed Aroma Installer
    * Updater-script Edits
    * Changed Devil2 kernel installation to Raw image.
    * Updated SuperSU to 1.80
    * Added xposed module Status bar tint and per app DPI
    * VIPER Audio Mod option in aroma
    * Some other small edits / tweaks/ changes

R9Z-2 - settings FC fixes - (scoobysnack)
    - Integrated some sprint framework via smali swaps
    - integrated MasterToggleMod and activator app

Verizon Port Changes
    R9Z
    - added note 3 features
    - small bug fixes

R9x

- Fixes to build prop
    - New ril
    - Fixed sms
    - Fix dialer pad
    - Fixed rootloss ( mixed results)

R9-1

- Slipstreamed R9 base
    - Prepare rom for note 3 features

R8-2

- Integrated MMS fix by stvn1337. Worked for me but others are reporting its not working.
    - Slipstreamed the R8-2 update into the R8-1 ROM release.
    - Removed the Lightsaber S-Pen sounds added into R8-1/R8-2.

Thanks to seanzscreams for the ROM and Wifi fix, runandhide05, lacoursiere18, and 1Brite1 for the Verizon data fix, AngryManMLS for the port stvn1337 for confirming the Wifi fix works and for the MMS fix, moosiemooses for contributing to helping with the send SMS as MMS fix, and anyone I forgot to mention for all the hard work that has went into this.
    Im building Z4 now ;) OTA based.
    MODS & ADDONS:

Signal Bars SUDOFix by scoobysnack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ratv331x2uesld0/Signalbar_R9Z3.9.1.zip

Note: this fix is purely aesthetic. It does not actually fix the status bars.

MMS MODS
    This flashable MMS mod includes:

* Split mode in landscape option
    * SMS 1000/UNLIMITED RECIPIENT LIMIT
    * Some group messaging patches
    * Scheduled Messaging

Split-View in portrait is my next mod. Enjoy :)

Alternative System UI
    Sprint UI - (Source: locolbd )
    LINK

Stock UI with Network Meter
    Copy Link

Revert to normal UI - LINK

Alternative Launchers
    Touchwiz 5x6 Mod
    - Link

Return to Stock
    Link

Weather Mods
    Transparent Weather Mod:
    - Link

Toggle Activators
    Download Master of the toggles - HERE:

- Mirror -

Steps: Flash, Profit

One step Mod ;)

Volume Mod

We are getting closer :good:
    Well we made some serious ground today guys, still not enough for a release candidate though :( not until we get all of the N3 features working. (shouldn't be too much longer) . Just so you guys know the skynote r9z4 base has working signal bars ;) and I made it aroma installable. Any recommended options you guys want for AROMA? Scoobysnack is going to give some custom boot animation options.