Weak Bluetooth Signal

Search This thread

caffeinetripp

Sep 4, 2010
Duluth, MN
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a common problem for the SGS3. Previous to my HM1900 Samsung Bluetooth I had the HM1800. The 1800 worked flawlessly, around 25 feet or so through a wall, turning my head, etc., how a Bluetooth should work. The HM1900, however, is awful in comparison. During work, I keep my phone in my right breast pocket with the headset in my right ear. I stream music while working (in near-perfect 4G) though if I put my arm over my chest, or turn my head, I lose signal. Could it be the headset itself, or is it a possibility that it's a combination of both?

On the phone I have the Otterbox Commuter case, so it isn't that thick. The phone is not rooted and running 4.3. I have attempted at doing a software update, but nothing downloads. Is there somewhere to download a software update for the Bluetooth itself on the phone? Or is this just a lost cause?

I would rather keep the HM1900 just because of how well built it is, I easily ruined my HM1800 within two weeks for it not being as robust.

And another side note! Volume is damned quite on the headset even with everything at full volume. Any volume control fix or app?

xhozt

May 20, 2007
dallaS
LG V40
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a common problem for the SGS3. Previous to my HM1900 Samsung Bluetooth I had the HM1800. The 1800 worked flawlessly, around 25 feet or so through a wall, turning my head, etc., how a Bluetooth should work. The HM1900, however, is awful in comparison. During work, I keep my phone in my right breast pocket with the headset in my right ear. I stream music while working (in near-perfect 4G) though if I put my arm over my chest, or turn my head, I lose signal. Could it be the headset itself, or is it a possibility that it's a combination of both?

On the phone I have the Otterbox Commuter case, so it isn't that thick. The phone is not rooted and running 4.3. I have attempted at doing a software update, but nothing downloads. Is there somewhere to download a software update for the Bluetooth itself on the phone? Or is this just a lost cause?

I would rather keep the HM1900 just because of how well built it is, I easily ruined my HM1800 within two weeks for it not being as robust.

And another side note! Volume is damned quite on the headset even with everything at full volume. Any volume control fix or app?

Ive had similar issues save the volume .. its not your case unless its metal and only real thing you can do is re - pair the headset and the phone .

mrkele

Oct 18, 2012
I have problems when streaming music to a bluetooth speaker. When using iphone on max volume sound is much louder than when I try using my galaxy s3. Do you know a way how to fix that?

caffeinetripp

Sep 4, 2010
Duluth, MN
I have problems when streaming music to a bluetooth speaker. When using iphone on max volume sound is much louder than when I try using my galaxy s3. Do you know a way how to fix that?

I as well have had this problem. Mine comes and goes. Phone volume, Pandora volume, and headset volume are at maximum and it's still not very loud through the headset.

Ive had similar issues save the volume .. its not your case unless its metal and only real thing you can do is re - pair the headset and the phone .

Repairing doesn't do anything unfortunately.

Is it possible there's just a weak bluetooth antennae in the phone, or it has somehow become damaged/unhooked?

Going back to my first post, the older headset worked wonderfully, but this new one isn't doing so hot. Turn my head; lose signal, place a hand over phone; lose signal. It will however work from five feet away crystal clear with no obstructions, but I must be within sight and have my headset facing the phone. Seems a little ridiculous for a bluetooth if I can't have the phone in my pocket.

Reactions: xhozt

Abby Oddie

Aug 13, 2014
If when checking the Bluetooth association you find general poor performance, then there are a few things you can attempt. Initially, make certain your gadget's batteries are appropriately charged or are overall new. Contingent upon the gadget, you can discover this data in either the Bluetooth menu or the Bluetooth framework inclination by selecting "Show more information" from the apparatus menu. On the off chance that your gadget has removable batteries, than regardless of the fact that the framework reports them as being healthy, give the battery compartment a decent investigation to check whether any consumption has happened from a spilling battery.

caffeinetripp

Sep 4, 2010
Duluth, MN
If when checking the Bluetooth association you find general poor performance, then there are a few things you can attempt. Initially, make certain your gadget's batteries are appropriately charged or are overall new. Contingent upon the gadget, you can discover this data in either the Bluetooth menu or the Bluetooth framework inclination by selecting "Show more information" from the apparatus menu. On the off chance that your gadget has removable batteries, than regardless of the fact that the framework reports them as being healthy, give the battery compartment a decent investigation to check whether any consumption has happened from a spilling battery.

Unfortunately the batteries are not removable in my device. They are fully charged as well. I think a lot of this comes down to the signal on the BlueTooth itself brand to brand and model to model. Still though, there might be a fix.

caffeinetripp

Sep 4, 2010
Duluth, MN
I have come to the conclusion that the Bluetooth headset is the problem going from one device to another; from one Galaxy S3 to an HTC One to my current Galaxy Note 4. The problem is the HM1900. Purchase the HM1700, it's not as robust, but it sure fits better and gives better sound.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I as well have had this problem. Mine comes and goes. Phone volume, Pandora volume, and headset volume are at maximum and it's still not very loud through the headset.

Repairing doesn't do anything unfortunately.

Is it possible there's just a weak bluetooth antennae in the phone, or it has somehow become damaged/unhooked?

Going back to my first post, the older headset worked wonderfully, but this new one isn't doing so hot. Turn my head; lose signal, place a hand over phone; lose signal. It will however work from five feet away crystal clear with no obstructions, but I must be within sight and have my headset facing the phone. Seems a little ridiculous for a bluetooth if I can't have the phone in my pocket.