[Q] a little help

Search This thread

Droid_Boi86

Feb 19, 2011
Farmington NM
ive been rooted for a long time now, i have a Moto Attrix 2. recently i did the updated to the 2.3.6 but before i did, i went ahead and did the perminent root method. this helped me keep root. now i want to jump into Roms. i'm not new to this. i had a Droid X proir to the Attrix. so i kinda know my way around. sorta..aha, ive read the process of the rom i want to install on to my phone which is supercharge Rom

Droid_Boi86

Feb 19, 2011
Farmington NM
awe man, i'm sorry about that.
my question...actually the question is about the process needed to be taken. i read thru the steps to flash supercharge rom V5 but, i have no clue to where start from since i have not flash a rom on this device.? so i'm startin off from scretch i'm sorry about that, i shoulda proof read that..lol, before i posted.

eL_MeXiCaNo

Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
Step 1)Install CW recovery from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346977

Step 2) Run it and reboot into recovery

Step 3) MAKE A BACKUP! I repeat MAKE A BACKUP! this is important in case something goes wrong while flashing a new rom you can flash your backup and return your phone to normal.

Once you have learned to do that you can now start flashing roms. Just download the roms and follow the directions in the roms. ALL ROMS REQUIRE CW Recovery to install so you'll get used to it. I just wanted u to follow those 3 steps before you start flashing roms. People forget to make backups and they end up losing all their info.

Read the BEGINNERS GUIDE it has all the info you could ever need.

Droid_Boi86

Feb 19, 2011
Farmington NM
Step 1)Install CW recovery from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1346977

Step 2) Run it and reboot into recovery

Step 3) MAKE A BACKUP! I repeat MAKE A BACKUP! this is important in case something goes wrong while flashing a new rom you can flash your backup and return your phone to normal.

Once you have learned to do that you can now start flashing roms. Just download the roms and follow the directions in the roms. ALL ROMS REQUIRE CW Recovery to install so you'll get used to it. I just wanted u to follow those 3 steps before you start flashing roms. People forget to make backups and they end up losing all their info.

Read the BEGINNERS GUIDE it has all the info you could ever need.

thanks bro, i got that part down, ive been rollin around with a back up for weeks now ..

oh yea and the other thing, when i went and did the forever root before the OTA update, the one thing that didn't update was the baseband.

eL_MeXiCaNo

Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
thanks bro, i got that part down, ive been rollin around with a back up for weeks now ..

oh yea and the other thing, when i went and did the forever root before the OTA update, the one thing that didn't update was the baseband.

Dont worry about ever doing the forever root there's a root method for 2.3.6

Before flashing any rom I suggest you flash the 2.3.5 FXZ and update to 2.3.6 and then root it. This way you start from a fresh base and don't have any random bugs that would take a long time to hunt down and fix due to coming from a non-stock rom.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Ask away. What questions do you have? I recommend installing CWM on Recovery zip (and download the remove script while your at it you might want that). Revoke root rights to Bootstrap after installing the on boot zip. It takes one cycled reboot for the script to take effect. Make sure it works before installing any ROMs. Read the Read Me file for supercharged before installing. That's a few tips from me. Oh, if you have a windows based PC install and know how to use RSD lite and the fxz file in case of a disaster. In other words incase you can't recover from some unforeseen event using your phone and CWM Recovery alone. Make sure your battery is fully charged before installing a new ROM. Off the top of my head those tips come to mind.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
Ask away. What questions do you have? I recommend installing CWM on Recovery zip (and download the remove script while your at it you might want that). Revoke root rights to Bootstrap after installing the on boot zip. It takes one cycled reboot for the script to take effect. Make sure it works before installing any ROMs. Read the Read Me file for supercharged before installing. That's a few tips from me. Oh, if you have a windows based PC install and know how to use RSD lite and the fxz file in case of a disaster. In other words incase you can't recover from some unforeseen event using your phone and CWM Recovery alone. Make sure your battery is fully charged before installing a new ROM. Off the top of my head those tips come to mind.

whats the reason for denying bootstrap su? ive seen this before and im a 3year android user/flasher and ive yet to deny my bootstrap su after installing anything. so, just wondering why.

eL_MeXiCaNo

Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
whats the reason for denying bootstrap su? ive seen this before and im a 3year android user/flasher and ive yet to deny my bootstrap su after installing anything. so, just wondering why.

Because if you dont deny bootstrap SU after FLASHING CWM ON STARTUP zip then you will not get CWM everytime you boot up, it's a bug. So if you want CWM everytime you boot your phone you have to deny bootstrap SU. Other than that IDK the exact technical details on why it does this, it just does.

Droid_Boi86

Feb 19, 2011
Farmington NM

thanks alot man, as far as the RSD lite goes i kno my way aroung that. so i should be good. but as for the first thing you suggested. about the CVM on Recovery Zip? i wanna learn how to do that, meaning install CVM properly. if you could explain or shot me a link to where i read up on it.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
thanks alot man, as far as the RSD lite goes i kno my way aroung that. so i should be good. but as for the first thing you suggested. about the CVM on Recovery Zip? i wanna learn how to do that, meaning install CVM properly. if you could explain or shot me a link to where i read up on it.

Sorry KEB - not to step on your toes or anything, but...

Get and install the A2 Bootstrap from here.

You can now boot into "Recovery" mode through the Bootstrap app. You can test it first or you can just go and get the CWM on Boot zip files here. Download the two zip attachments in the first post to your sdcard.
Then open the A2 Bootstapper app - click the top button, then ok, then the 2nd button.. and viola! It will boot into recovery.
Then wipe your cache partition, and dalvik cache, and install zip from sdcard. "...Global..." zip makes it boot into recovery every time you reboot, and the "..Remove.." zip removes it.
Good luck. Happy reading!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Feb 19, 2011
Farmington NM

Get the A2 Bootstrap from here.
Get ROM Manager from the Google Play Store.
Install both.
You can now boot into "Recovery" mode through the Bootstrap app. You can test it first or you can just go and get the CWM on Boot zip files here. Download the two zip attachments in the first post to your sdcard.
Then open the A2 Bootstapper app - click the top button, then ok, then the 2nd button.. and viola! It will boot into recovery.
Then wipe your cache partition, and dalvik cache, and install zip from sdcard. "...Global..." zip makes it boot into recovery every time you reboot, and the "..Remove.." zip removes it.

thanks for that good explaination on that. now i gotta figure out why my laptop isn't seeing my phone...=/

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
PM me if you need any help. I have Supercharged V5 update 2 running and I love it. there are some things you need to do to make sure it works right though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Get and install the A2 Bootstrap from here.