[Q] Black screen and wallpaper pop-in when exiting apps to the homescreen

Search This thread

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This issue is a little hard to explain in greater detail than the title states. Happens quite a lot lately when closing an app. Basically after exiting to the homescreen via the home button I'm faced with a second or so of a black screen then the wallpaper and app icons just pop onscreen. Very annoying. Does anyone here know why this may be happening or what possibly might be causing it? I'm rooted pretty much stock with the Franco Kernel and xposed and only a few xposed modules.
Can you post a screen recording?

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
Stock home-launcher? Or custom one? If so it might be custom home launcher issue,or maybe xposed module issue.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
Is it a launcher redraw, like what happens when the phone is out of memory? Or is what you described something else?

I guess that sounds about right. Just now went in to Nova's advanced menu and an option was there for aggressive desktop which did mention about redraws and such. I checked it so I'll have to play around a bit to see if it'll make a difference. Thanks for mentioning it.

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I've seen the same thing after playing a game on stock. Think it is the aggressive memory management in 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk