Photos not showing up after taking pictures

Search This thread

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
ok i searched this issue but found nothing useful or helpful to fix this but every picture i take seems to dissappear after a few minutes and all i get is a gray triangle with an ! mark inside it for all pictures taken by the camera. anyone else have this issue?

im on bady boyz rom
rooted s-offed
h/k m8

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
No body is having issues with pictures not displaying correctly?? Im on ViperONEM8 rom but it did this on the stock rom and badboyz as well. must not be rom related but i dont know so sum one have any ideas what the issue is? thanks

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
Have you tried changing the storage location? Also, are you restoring your gallery each time you try a new ROM? You could have the folder hidden on accident and as you restore the gallery that folder becomes hidden again. See if you cannot find the photos another way, for example: Quickpic or ES File Browser.

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
Have you tried changing the storage location? Also, are you restoring your gallery each time you try a new ROM? You could have the folder hidden on accident and as you restore the gallery that folder becomes hidden again. See if you cannot find the photos another way, for example: Quickpic or ES File Browser.

thank you for helping.
unfortunately yes i did try changing the storage location, in the camera app i changed it to ext sdcard & phone storage both same issue. also i used the Xposed module "Downloads2SD" & "Pictures2SD" both to change the location but still same issue. as for restoring my gallery, no i dont restore it at all when installing new rom. unless somehow it automatically restores from my google account but i dont think it does.
I also have used Root Browser & ES File Explorer to look in every directory on phone and sdcard for the pictures and they cant be found anywhere.

thanks again for replying and trying to help appreciate it much. any other ideas tho?

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
thank you for helping.
unfortunately yes i did try changing the storage location, in the camera app i changed it to ext sdcard & phone storage both same issue. also i used the Xposed module "Downloads2SD" & "Pictures2SD" both to change the location but still same issue. as for restoring my gallery, no i dont restore it at all when installing new rom. unless somehow it automatically restores from my google account but i dont think it does.
I also have used Root Browser & ES File Explorer to look in every directory on phone and sdcard for the pictures and they cant be found anywhere.

thanks again for replying and trying to help appreciate it much. any other ideas tho?
What happens when you use a different camera app? If that doesn't work either I would suggest an RUU. If an RUU doesn't work I would suggest returning the phone.

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
What happens when you use a different camera app? If that doesn't work either I would suggest an RUU. If an RUU doesn't work I would suggest returning the phone.

still not working with other camera apps. im gonna try RUUing once and see if it still does it. i took a few pics today and all seemed fine until i went to view them later on then they were just displaying the gray triangle thing.. one pic was there and viewed fine one sec then the next its just like the others. i just looked in the gallery now and it shows the previews of these pics but i tap to open them and get the triangle again. its weird & really frustrating i took tons of great pics over the time with this phone and lost them all from this, except of course the stupid test shots ive taken of my wall or whatever pointless shots.. they seem to stay fine its just the important ones that wont.. aarrrghhh gonna RUU right now.

here is a screenshot of what displays for the pictures.. View attachment 2782818

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
come on isnt anybody having issues with pictures similiar at all?!

pictures i take sometimes show with parts of it having a section thats gray.. usually more then 50% of the pic is that way otherwise there is no pic just a black screen with the ! as shown in previous post here. can anyone please help me. ive lost a lot of important good pics due to this.

you all have always helped me with any issues ive had.. thanks for all that. and thanks for your help with this.

gscarborough

May 21, 2007
Atl
come on isnt anybody having issues with pictures similiar at all?!

pictures i take sometimes show with parts of it having a section thats gray.. usually more then 50% of the pic is that way otherwise there is no pic just a black screen with the ! as shown in previous post here. can anyone please help me. ive lost a lot of important good pics due to this.

you all have always helped me with any issues ive had.. thanks for all that. and thanks for your help with this.

I am having the same issue i moved all my pictures to the external storage card to free up space but now the pics are in limbo i cant find them i just have the triangle where they use to be. the same thing holds true for apps

Last edited:

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
im beginning to suspect that KK write protection with the external sdcard is the culprit for this but im on viperonem8 and have tried the fixes i found that are suppose to fix the write protection issue and still having same issues. so anyone have any working fixes at all please let us know thanks

ksob89

Aug 10, 2015
I am having the same issue i moved all my pictures to the external storage card to free up space but now the pics are in limbo i cant find them i just have the triangle where they use to be. the same thing holds true for apps

I am having the exact same issue and it is frustrating as hell. Especially when I get a great picture, then I go to show someone and it is ****ING GONE.. The only way that I can seem to save them if is when I take them, I immediately share them. After doing extensive research, I have narrowed it down to 2 possible issues.

1) The SD card is somehow corrupted, I purchased a 64GB SD card from eBay and I just recently read about an SD card scandal that was going on which could be the culprit. To test this, I am first going to try with a smaller card that I know works. If that doesn't work, I am going to have the pictures stored on the phone and see if that keeps them.

2) This problem really started to show itself after I downloaded an app called OneGallery, I don't really know if that has anything to do with it, or if it is completely coincidence. If replacing the SD card doesn't work, deleting this app will be the next step.

I love the phone too much to just turn it in or swap it out.

ksob89