[ROM] - [12/9/2010] - MikFroYo v3.25 - [FRG83 | 3.30.651.3] - [4x5 | White Widgets]

Search This thread

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
OK... so after a lot of work and experimentations i finally got my device to look the way i want it to.

Since there has been so much changed from my last versions i decided to make a new thread for this one.

Thanks goes out to all the devs for any android device out there.
Special thanks to Stalebread (custom animations), Calkulin (FRG83 port | usb tether hack/MMS fix), Burst (apktool), Konikub (detox theme), Kingclick (Kernel), Jesusfreke (smali/baksmali), Myn (sprint hotspot hack), dsixda (Kitchen), JsChiSurf (Power control widgets mod), all the beta testers (wmdunn, tonwarr.the.incredible, protoadies), and many many more.

Special thanks to wrx4me for his great work on the BootAnimation.

For a quick video of v3.0 of the rom, look HERE (thanks to zedomax.com for the quick covering of the rom).

OK... this rom is fully themed... close to nothing was left untouched.
Custom animations that was originally created by stalebread and modified by me.
About 90% percent of the theme is originally my own creation (besides the icons from konikub detox theme).
i did a lot of work to tweak the system inside the xml's and a couple of jar files which also lead me to the best news.... no more of the famous purplish gray that htc loves so much but probably most of us hate (all is now black, white, or my personal images).

This rom has everything that the stock rom has minus the sprint apps and the htc lockscreen, and plus a few additions. (see changelog)

All the packages have been zipaligned and all images/apks have been optimized using PNGOUT and Optipng for maximum optimizations.

Please note that a full wipe is needed if u coming from a different rom.

5214733680_e06c38e7b5_z.jpg
5214733506_3c942a2b24_z.jpg
5214734204_02f7284903_z.jpg
5214734282_9337359dec_z.jpg
5214734446_5030a6f96f_z.jpg
5214734368_636e0dbdd0_z.jpg
5214733842_8d12e4c59e_z.jpg
5214733758_f0db3f212c_z.jpg
5214733366_dee6d8701c_z.jpg
5214141323_98113ec15b_z.jpg
5214734020_39dab6300f_z.jpg
5214141161_d7f0c87781_z.jpg
5214733986_9f8a09203d_z.jpg
5214733596_3a0a9e83d6_z.jpg
5214140653_2fac850409_z.jpg

attachment.php

----------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Change Log

October 25th:

* Theme is 99.99999% done
* Deodexed rom
* KiNgxKernel CFS #11
* Sprint Hotspot works (removed wireless tether app)
* Jit is enabled by default
* All apps are up to date

+ Reboot menu options
+ HTC_IME_mode (instead of the original keyboard)
+ Zipalign script on startup
+ Fix_Permission script on startup
+ Dalvik moved to Cache partition on startup
+ Pandora
+ DSP manager that works
+ SpareParts
+ EStrongs File Explorer
+ AdFree (hosts file and an app to update it)
+ Facebook
+ BusyBox 1.17.2
+ rwsystem/rosystem to mount and remount system quickly using any file explorer
+ Cache Cleaner
+ Adobe Reader
+ Android DeskClock
+ GM
+ Updated YouTube
+ RomManager
+ Autorun Killer
+ SetCPU profiles

- USB Debug notification icon
- Adb debugging notification sound

* More will be added later...

October 29th:

* Updated all to 3.30 OTA
* Tweaked the new jar files with the needed tweaks (USB Tether, no Adb notification icon, Transparent taskbar dropdown, etc.)
* Updated to KiNgxKernel BFS #11 (OC all the way up is stable!)
* Updated SetCPU profiles
* Updated GoogleMaps
* Incorporated the Fix for downloading HTC widgets
* HtcLockScreen by default
* Minor fixes to the theme
* Hepatic feedback on by default
* Minor speed tweaks

+ 3D Gallery
+ Removed app on sdcard
+ My port of Hot Restart to boot menu
+ My White HtcLockScreen
+ Speed

- Boot scripts (fix_permissions)
- Bugs

November 6th:

* Deflated htc and android resources files
* Minor speed tweaks

+ Mods (Third Post)

November 14th:

* Updated necessary files to 3.30.651.3
* Deflated a few apk's to improve speed and stability
* Rebuilt Htc and Android resources files
* Updated to BusyBox 1.17.3 (been revised and reverted to 1.17.2 at Nov 14th 10pm US Central Time)
* Merged JsChiSurf power control widgets mod into the newer framework files from .3
* Rosie App Drawer 5 rows by default
* A couple of speed tweaks
* Updated Market
* Updated VVM
* Updated RomManager
* Updated ClearCache
* Updated Flash
* Updated AutoRun Killer
* Remixed Animations (mixed it into Htc framework also, and some of them i made)
* Browser now has the option for 16 open windows instead of 4
* King BFS#11

+ Power widget mod
+ Htc Animated Clock
+ New Boot Animation
+ Older YouTube Ver.
+ XDA SuperPower app (had been taken out by the dev request, find it in the market or the dev's thread)
+ New MikFroYo BootAnimation (made by me and wrx4me)

- EStrongs File Explorer (i never used it and u guys can d/l from the market what u like)
- Market Facebook app (Try to find an app called Social... much better)
- New YouTube app

* Probably more things that im forgetting, but will add later.

December 9th:

* New animations (check out the Third Post for additional/different ones)
* Updated to BusyBox 1.17.3
* Rosie 4x5 Workspace
* White widgets theme
* Changed some modules to ones from Bakedsnack
* Cleaned up useless images from a bunch of apk's to minimize their size

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------
.: Downloads :.

Clean Install
Mirror

Update Install

----------------------------------------
.: Older Versions :.

v3.2 - MediaFire
v3.2 - HotFile
v3.2 - Multiupload

v3.1 - MediaFire
v3.1 - HotFile
v3.1 - Multiupload

v3.0 - MediaFire
v3.0 - HotFile
v3.0 - Multiupload
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to comment and make suggestions about the theme because i always like to hear new ideas.
As always... know that I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.

Last edited:

aamikam

Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Flashable Zip's

PowerControl Widgets Locations on the screen: (v3.2 and up)

MikFroyo-PowerControl-Widget-Bottom-signed.zip

MikFroyo-PowerControl-Widget-Top-signed.zip

Myn's Rosie Mod + His Rosie setting App: (All versions)

MikFroYo-Rosie-4x4-With-Myn's-App-signed.zip

MikFroYo-Rosie-4x5-With-Myn's-App-signed.zip

Htc Animated Clock: (All versions) (Thanks to Myn for making it work indep.)

MikFroYo-Htc-Animated-Clock-4x4-Layout-signed.zip
4x5 layout is now included in the 4x5 Rosie layout zip.

Make Rosie a 4x4 Layout: (All versions) (includes the animated htc clock)

MikFroyo-Rosie-4x4-Layout-Wipe-Old-Widgets-Data-signed.zip

Make Rosie a 4x5 Layout: (All versions) (includes the animated htc clock)

MikFroyo-Rosie-4x5-Layout-Wipe-Old-Widgets-Data-signed.zip

For different remapping options for this version of Rosie look HERE

Get HtcLockScreen back: (All versions)

View attachment MikFroyo-HtcLockScreen-signed.zip

Rosie 5 rows app drawer: (All versions)

MikFroYo-Modified-App-Drawer-signed.zip

Get back the older YouTube: (All versions) (just because i think the new sucks)

MikFroYo-Older-YouTube-App-signed.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
OK guys... I've attached a few alternative animations so u guys can switch around a little if u'd like.

Here are the videos for some of those animations:
Bounce
Flip
Fold
Flyin

All credits for those animations goes to Stalebread, Myn, Slayer, and me.

Look HERE and HERE and HERE

Remove Tether Hack: (if you pay sprint for tethering, you want to flash this)

Remove Tether Hack

Stock HTC keyboard: (with the arrows)

Stock HTC keyboard

Simply flashing any of the zips should work.

There will be more things coming up in this post as time goes on...

Last edited:

tonwarr.the.incredible

Jun 10, 2010
Has anything changed from the last beta you sent me? Everything is running very smooth still and flashed beta v3 on my GF's phone this morning also without a single problem. Great to see the thread updated, very nice!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Last edited:

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
I like it. Is there any way to disable the animation when sliding the lockscreen? It flashes then shows a weather animation. That makes it look choppy weather animations.

aamikam

Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
I like it. Is there any way to disable the animation when sliding the lockscreen? It flashes then shows a weather animation. That makes it look choppy weather animations.

mmm... i can switch tha animation with another one in the future... u can disable all the animations from the settings though if u'd like or use spareparts to speed/slow them up/down.

im dont usually use the htc clock... so i never paid attention to it... but i looked now and it doesn't seem so bad...
keep in mind that if u got information syncing right now some things might slow down until its done syncing.

Last edited:

aamikam

Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Has anything changed from the last beta you sent me?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yea... i skinned googlemaps... street... and changed up some tiny things that i saw had issues in the beta 3...
if u not using all of the htc sense apps though... just replace the com.htc.resources.apk, services.jar, and framework-res.apk inside /system/framework/

if u r using sense apps...
u would want to also replace htctwitter.apk and ofcourse some of the apps...

but if u dont feel like it... just save what u want from the old rom and flash... but u will need to wipe cuz i changed/moved some apps.

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
mmm... i can switch tha animation with another one in the future... u can disable all the animations from the settings though if u'd like or use spareparts to speed/slow them up/down.

im dont usually use the htc clock... so i never paid attention to it... but i looked now and it doesn't seem so bad...
keep in mind that if u got information syncing right now some things might slow down until its done syncing.

Thank you for that info! I think the animations were just too fast. I used spare parts to make them slower and it looks like the normal htc fade animation when unlocking. Now to really dig in and test. Looks great though.

C

cardiox

Flashed it and looks and feels real smooth. Menu transitions are real nice also...:)

tonwarr.the.incredible

Jun 10, 2010
yea... i skinned googlemaps... street... and changed up some tiny things that i saw had issues in the beta 3...
if u not using all of the htc sense apps though... just replace the com.htc.resources.apk, services.jar, and framework-res.apk inside /system/framework/

if u r using sense apps...
u would want to also replace htctwitter.apk and ofcourse some of the apps...

but if u dont feel like it... just save what u want from the old rom and flash... but u will need to wipe cuz i changed/moved some apps.
Sense has too many homescreens so I use launcherPro with quickdesk for my widgets. It's really a shame because I like what you did with the theming of the launcher but I still get the transitions, the stripped down black and white, and the other goodies you packed in here!:D

nuvens

Feb 17, 2009
San Fernando Valley
Im downloading from megaupload right now file says mikfroyo 2.0 beta 3 not mikfroyo 3.0 am i getting the wrong file?

Edit.
I just answered my question so am downloading from your hotfile link now instead.

aamikam

Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
Thank you for that info! I think the animations were just too fast. I used spare parts to make them slower and it looks like the normal htc fade animation when unlocking. Now to really dig in and test. Looks great though.

yea.... i always get confused between window and transition animations and which one does what...
i think i speed up the wrong one by mistake by default... ill make sure to switch it next time.
it should have been slower on the dialogs/menus/transitions and faster for the flip animations...

nevermind though... its a quick fix i can make or u guys can fix yourselves using spareparts.

aamikam

Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
oops...
multiupload link was the wrong one... my bad... fixing it now.

edit:
link for multiupload is now fixed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK... so after a lot of work and experimentations i finally got my device to look the way i want it to.

Since there has been so much changed from my last versions i decided to make a new thread for this one.

Thanks goes out to all the devs for any android device out there.
    Special thanks to Stalebread (custom animations), Calkulin (FRG83 port | usb tether hack/MMS fix), Burst (apktool), Konikub (detox theme), Kingclick (Kernel), Jesusfreke (smali/baksmali), Myn (sprint hotspot hack), dsixda (Kitchen), JsChiSurf (Power control widgets mod), all the beta testers (wmdunn, tonwarr.the.incredible, protoadies), and many many more.

Special thanks to wrx4me for his great work on the BootAnimation.

For a quick video of v3.0 of the rom, look HERE (thanks to zedomax.com for the quick covering of the rom).

OK... this rom is fully themed... close to nothing was left untouched.
    Custom animations that was originally created by stalebread and modified by me.
    About 90% percent of the theme is originally my own creation (besides the icons from konikub detox theme).
    i did a lot of work to tweak the system inside the xml's and a couple of jar files which also lead me to the best news.... no more of the famous purplish gray that htc loves so much but probably most of us hate (all is now black, white, or my personal images).

This rom has everything that the stock rom has minus the sprint apps and the htc lockscreen, and plus a few additions. (see changelog)

All the packages have been zipaligned and all images/apks have been optimized using PNGOUT and Optipng for maximum optimizations.

Please note that a full wipe is needed if u coming from a different rom.

5214733680_e06c38e7b5_z.jpg
    5214733506_3c942a2b24_z.jpg
    5214734204_02f7284903_z.jpg
    5214734282_9337359dec_z.jpg
    5214734446_5030a6f96f_z.jpg
    5214734368_636e0dbdd0_z.jpg
    5214733842_8d12e4c59e_z.jpg
    5214733758_f0db3f212c_z.jpg
    5214733366_dee6d8701c_z.jpg
    5214141323_98113ec15b_z.jpg
    5214734020_39dab6300f_z.jpg
    5214141161_d7f0c87781_z.jpg
    5214733986_9f8a09203d_z.jpg
    5214733596_3a0a9e83d6_z.jpg
    5214140653_2fac850409_z.jpg

attachment.php

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Change Log

October 25th:

* Theme is 99.99999% done
    * Deodexed rom
    * KiNgxKernel CFS #11
    * Sprint Hotspot works (removed wireless tether app)
    * Jit is enabled by default
    * All apps are up to date

+ Reboot menu options
    + HTC_IME_mode (instead of the original keyboard)
    + Zipalign script on startup
    + Fix_Permission script on startup
    + Dalvik moved to Cache partition on startup
    + Pandora
    + DSP manager that works
    + SpareParts
    + EStrongs File Explorer
    + AdFree (hosts file and an app to update it)
    + Facebook
    + BusyBox 1.17.2
    + rwsystem/rosystem to mount and remount system quickly using any file explorer
    + Cache Cleaner
    + Adobe Reader
    + Android DeskClock
    + GM
    + Updated YouTube
    + RomManager
    + Autorun Killer
    + SetCPU profiles

- USB Debug notification icon
    - Adb debugging notification sound

* More will be added later...

October 29th:

* Updated all to 3.30 OTA
    * Tweaked the new jar files with the needed tweaks (USB Tether, no Adb notification icon, Transparent taskbar dropdown, etc.)
    * Updated to KiNgxKernel BFS #11 (OC all the way up is stable!)
    * Updated GoogleMaps
    * Incorporated the Fix for downloading HTC widgets
    * HtcLockScreen by default
    * Hepatic feedback on by default
    * Minor speed tweaks

+ 3D Gallery
    + Removed app on sdcard
    + My port of Hot Restart to boot menu
    + My White HtcLockScreen
    + Speed

- Boot scripts (fix_permissions)
    - Bugs

November 6th:

* Deflated htc and android resources files
    * Minor speed tweaks

+ Mods (Third Post)

November 14th:

* Updated necessary files to 3.30.651.3
    * Deflated a few apk's to improve speed and stability
    * Rebuilt Htc and Android resources files
    * Updated to BusyBox 1.17.3 (been revised and reverted to 1.17.2 at Nov 14th 10pm US Central Time)
    * Merged JsChiSurf power control widgets mod into the newer framework files from .3
    * Rosie App Drawer 5 rows by default
    * Updated Market
    * Updated VVM
    * Updated RomManager
    * Updated ClearCache
    * Updated Flash
    * Updated AutoRun Killer
    * Remixed Animations (mixed it into Htc framework also, and some of them i made)
    * Browser now has the option for 16 open windows instead of 4
    * King BFS#11

+ Power widget mod
    + Htc Animated Clock
    + New Boot Animation
    + Older YouTube Ver.
    + XDA SuperPower app (had been taken out by the dev request, find it in the market or the dev's thread)
    + New MikFroYo BootAnimation (made by me and wrx4me)

- EStrongs File Explorer (i never used it and u guys can d/l from the market what u like)
    - Market Facebook app (Try to find an app called Social... much better)
    - New YouTube app

December 9th:

* New animations (check out the Third Post for additional/different ones)
    * Updated to BusyBox 1.17.3
    * Rosie 4x5 Workspace
    * White widgets theme
    * Changed some modules to ones from Bakedsnack
    * Cleaned up useless images from a bunch of apk's to minimize their size

.: Downloads :.

Clean Install
    Mirror

Update Install

----------------------------------------
    .: Older Versions :.

v3.2 - MediaFire
    v3.2 - HotFile
    v3.2 - Multiupload

v3.1 - MediaFire
    v3.1 - HotFile
    v3.1 - Multiupload

v3.0 - MediaFire
    v3.0 - HotFile
    v3.0 - Multiupload

Feel free to comment and make suggestions about the theme because i always like to hear new ideas.
    As always... know that I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.
    Screen Shots

5174311449_9cd7c36157_b.jpg

5174311575_764a69572d_b.jpg

5113800144_c18941d1d1_b.jpg

5127594690_754890922e_b.jpg

5113806352_7c28c1bd8a_b.jpg

Flashable Zip's

PowerControl Widgets Locations on the screen: (v3.2 and up)

MikFroyo-PowerControl-Widget-Bottom-signed.zip

MikFroyo-PowerControl-Widget-Top-signed.zip

Myn's Rosie Mod + His Rosie setting App: (All versions)

MikFroYo-Rosie-4x4-With-Myn's-App-signed.zip

MikFroYo-Rosie-4x5-With-Myn's-App-signed.zip

Htc Animated Clock: (All versions) (Thanks to Myn for making it work indep.)

MikFroYo-Htc-Animated-Clock-4x4-Layout-signed.zip
    4x5 layout is now included in the 4x5 Rosie layout zip.

Make Rosie a 4x4 Layout: (All versions) (includes the animated htc clock)

MikFroyo-Rosie-4x4-Layout-Wipe-Old-Widgets-Data-signed.zip

Make Rosie a 4x5 Layout: (All versions) (includes the animated htc clock)

MikFroyo-Rosie-4x5-Layout-Wipe-Old-Widgets-Data-signed.zip

For different remapping options for this version of Rosie look HERE

Get HtcLockScreen back: (All versions)

View attachment MikFroyo-HtcLockScreen-signed.zip

Rosie 5 rows app drawer: (All versions)

MikFroYo-Modified-App-Drawer-signed.zip

Get back the older YouTube: (All versions) (just because i think the new sucks)

MikFroYo-Older-YouTube-App-signed.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    OK guys... I've attached a few alternative animations so u guys can switch around a little if u'd like.

Here are the videos for some of those animations:
    Bounce
    Flip
    Fold
    Flyin

All credits for those animations goes to Stalebread, Myn, Slayer, and me.

Look HERE and HERE and HERE

Remove Tether Hack: (if you pay sprint for tethering, you want to flash this)

Remove Tether Hack

Stock HTC keyboard: (with the arrows)

Stock HTC keyboard

Simply flashing any of the zips should work.

There will be more things coming up in this post as time goes on...
    guys... i checking out ziggy's kernel now... i would like to know if anyone else is using it it cuz i cant test 4g and hdmi.

so far it been pretty stable and i got an avg of 39-40 on linpack with it and an avg in the 1500 for quadrant.

im asking u guys cuz if batt life will do good for me on it i will be making the switch to that kernel in the future and i would love to know that 4g and hdmi is fully working for u guys before i do that.
    Just flashed this and it is by far my favorite. I LOVE this ROM. 5X4 makes much better use of the screen and the aesthetics are amazing! However, I do prefer the HTC Sense lock screen because it allows me to change music without having to unlock. Is there a way to go back to the Sense lock screen?

Also, is it possible to use the keyboard below? (Not sure if that is Sense or not) I like how this keyboard has a button to access the speaker, but I would trade that for a button to collapse the keyboard like the stock on has.

Not trying to knock the ROM at all, just want to make it better suit my needs. Thanks in advance.

attached zips for what u need...

btw, if u on v3.2... feel free to update... there has been enough changes that its worth it.
    unless u like the black widgets... than i still gotta make changes to those.