[ROM] [06.20.11] BAMF Remix 1.8.6 - UPDATE**MR2 radio and custom kernel support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nikolai2.1

May 16, 2010
My apps dont restore here, the installation just sticks.

What i did:

Flashed Rom
Changed to Imoseyons kernel
Removed Sense
Flashed sexy rosie

did something break the market?

zhp pilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone have a mirror for Visual Voice Mail? The link in the base das BAMF thread isn't working for me. If not a mirror, does anyone have it on their computer and can post it here as an attachment?

PS: If you haven't done so, click on the BAMF Remix Extras link in my sig. There will be some new stuff added today. One thing coming online shortly will be my BAMF Remix boot animation.

NVM, I got the link to work. I put the blame on my horrible, slow in comparison to LTE, WiMax home internet.

Last edited:

Gearhead Geek

Feb 11, 2010
So, I've got one last problem.... Teeter keeps FC'ing lol. I'm de-sensed, so not sure if there's something that it depends on that got removed.

Anybody having the same problem/have a fix?

ridobe

Dec 20, 2010
Westfield, In.
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I live on the outskirts of 4G service (suburbs of Baltimore). It is always going on and off, mostly off. I do turn gps and wifi off when I am not using them. I am using the supplied kernel and am not overclocking (still getting over 1500 on quadrant, what ever that is worth). More importantly the phone is very responsive so who cares about a number.

I have the same problem with being on the outskirts here in Cincinnati. I am solid 4G at work but on the fringe at home. I stay on wifi at home. One thing I found and I don't know why is if I don't turn my LTE on/off to "CDMA auto (prl) while on wifi it will drain my battery.

ridobe

Dec 20, 2010
Westfield, In.
Google Pixel 8 Pro
well this is still not working for me, tried multiple kernals, and roms, and still have no data. i have flashed the radio twice as well. going to use Jcase RUU update one, and see if i get my data back. If not im just going to unroot. BTW im in So Cal

I had this problem too but prior to the new radio. I basically had to get a new phone from verizon. After receiving said phone, I couldn't get data on either one. They had to "reset" my account in order for it to show up. I still couldn't get it on my original phone but got it on my new one. After unrooting the original and rooting the new one I mailed it in only to find the new radio being published. I wish I had tried the new radio first but alas I did not.

As of now, the new radio is perfect. When I switch back and forth it changes immediately.

wethead4

Feb 5, 2008
Are you leaving 4g on? My battery life still sucks ass. I'm going to try bump charging tonight and turning it back to 3g when I don't need 4g.

I can't even get through a full day of work. I can try underclocking too I guess

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

I suggest switching to 3g when idle. Overnight my battery reduced to 67% on 4g (about 8 hrs). On 3g, overnight it reduced to 92%. No need to keep 4g on when idling, especially when you know u will be away from a charger.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
FWIW, I flashed the latest desense in the OP and the system started flying again. Back to 1.4 speeds and better. Not sure if there were many changes or it's just me but this puppy went on steroids. Just wiped batt stats, rebooted and will discharge for a bit. Thanks TDB, this is looking mighty awesome. Love that you left the weather in too. It's the only app that I can singel swipe up or down for multiple cities.

Moncha

Dec 6, 2006
Colorado
Wow. Can't even get my question answered. Very disappointed with the rom. Thanks for the people who help me on something else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Some people are pretty demanding, even if something is essentially free... You like the ROM, make sure to donate to the cause. These guys work hard to put this stuff out, a little incentive always helps out.

Reactions: Magnus_CA

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
GPS

So, I upgraded the radio yesterday, did a factory wipe/ cache wipe, and dalvik cache wipe and installed 1.5 remix clean. This is based upon the new RUU, which should have the GPS fix, but I have yet to get a lock, I live in the burbs of Chicago, could not get a lock this morning, now I am in the city working, and still can't get a lock. I thought this was fixed?

ilogik

May 27, 2006
Which kernel does this ROM include? I am getting amazing battery life, I used to go from fully charged to a dead phone in less then 7 hours but now the phone has been up for 18+ hours with normal use and travel between 4G and 3G areas and I am at 47% battery still.

The only drawback I see is that I am having trouble getting and maintaining a GPS lock.

jasonbiggs

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6a
Removed DRM apks...

Hi, since I've tested this ROM out, is the Removal of DRM apks now causing me to get the dreaded DRM notification? I don't know what this is or means.

Thanks!

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
Which kernel does this ROM include? I am getting amazing battery life, I used to go from fully charged to a dead phone in less then 7 hours but now the phone has been up for 18+ hours with normal use and travel between 4G and 3G areas and I am at 47% battery still.

The only drawback I see is that I am having trouble getting and maintaining a GPS lock.

if you are having trouble with your GPS..go to market and download the GPS status app......some found this helped them.

after you download open app...go to menu....tools....manage a-gps state....reset...manage a-gps state.....then download....

works for some people

Reactions: ilogik

finanandroid

Oct 11, 2010
Virginia
Great battery

kernel BAMF 4.4.2 adrynalyne, so far the best id tried , full charged my phone at 10:30 am through the day untill 3:30 am still 20% moderate use include 1 hour phone call, alot of web, emails you name it, I am stick with it. :)

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1

FYI...if you want to find out what kernel the rom has...if the rom is installed on your phone....you can go into menu>settings>about phone>software>and look up the kernel there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Advertising not permitted on xda
    MODS AND EXTRAS

These are some additional mods i made for you guys. All these are flashable zips. Please make a nandroid backup before flashing.

COMPLETELY REMOVE SENSE UI *UPDATED*

**I added a couple things back that broke voice search and other misc. items**
    This will completely remove all remnants of Sense UI that can be uninstalled. Obviously contacts, dialer, etc. are still there. Make a nandroid backup before flashing so you can return to sense if you would like. This will also install the 2.3 GB launcher and Widgetpicker.apk. You can easily uininstall the gb launcher as well. Flash in recovery. Enjoy!
    Remove HTC Sense UI:http://www.multiupload.com/bfwu22b02z

TONS OF MODS BY ZHP PILOT!

ZHP Pilot has done many, many mods for the Remix in the themes and apps section. The list includes about 30 alternate Rosies. framework combos, accurate battery themes, and much, much more. Please visit his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1043589
    ALTERNATE LOCKSCREEN FROM BAMF STRIPPED

snap20110507_035013.png

Should this become default in the Remix? Let me know what ya think. :D
    BAMF Stripped Lockscreen:http://www.multiupload.com/IK1LG2QM2M

ALTERNATE LOCKSCREEN NUMBER #2

snap20110508_034006.png

Not for everyone I'm sure but hey, it'd different. :D
    Alternate Lockscreen #2: http://www.multiupload.com/B60P8P2VOL

ALTERNATE LOCKSCREEN #3

Lockscreen3.png

Alternate Lockscreen #3 Download
    ATTN GUYS: Please feel free to PM me if you would like join the beta group! Screw the dollar, I didn't intend to make anyone sad at their current situation. :D If you can't afford the jagerbomb, hitting that THANKS button is all I need. (I'M WATCHING THE THANKS METER YOU GUYS, DON'T FIB)

:D:D:
    Team BAMF Presents.. Matte HD v1

Matte-HD.png

Okay guys, now that I spent most of my free time this weekend mucking around in our frameworks, it is time to release the beta version of Matte HD for you guys. I hope you enjoy my hours of piddling. :D

This theme is framework only right now, and I'm not even totally happy with it yet. In the coming versions I will be reworking the status bar and pulldown, theming more aspects of the UI, Dialer, etc. As always, it's up to you guys to weigh in on what direction you would like this theme to go. More color, less color, etc. Just let me know! The best feature so far of this theme is the modded AOSP lockscreen. I reworked the xmls so that now the AOSP lockscreen background image will be whatever is default_wallpaper.jpg in your framework. To get the effect pictured above I made a wallpaper with a transparent rip through it so that you're homescreen wallpaper shows through which creates a great effect. I also nuked all the text besides the clock. I will be posting a tutorial in a day or so as well as a PSD so that we can make different lockscreen images and use metamorph to quickly apply them.

Theme Includes

• Power Toggles
    • 4-in-1 Reboot Options
    • Modded AOSP Lockscreen (Changeable wallpaper, carrier and text deletions)
    • Accurate Battery
    • Square Menus
    • Themed UI

As always, any support is greatily appreciated, look for more from Team BAMF real soon.
    Download Matte HD v1: http://goo.gl/CqMPN
    NOTE: Remember, to enable AOSP lockscreen via BAMF Toolkit to use the new features of this theme. This theme is compatible with all BAMF versions.

Next Version: Dialer, made from scratch power toggles theme, more UI enchancements, etc.
    How I got this working ~ Instructions ~

How I got this working (and this is under assumption you already have latest CWR):

1. When you are b00ted into whatever rom that you are currently using, place the radio image you downloaded from the OP on the root of your SD card. (no sub folders)

2. Turn off your phone. Then while holding the down volume button, press the power button. This will load into Hboot.

3. Hboot will recognize the radio image and ask if you want to update. Press up arrow for 'yes'. It will go through its motions and ask if you if you want to reboot. Go ahead and reboot.

4. When fully booted, delete the radio image from the root of your Sd card. Copy the remix rom on the root of your sd card.

5. Turn off your phone. Then while holding the down volume button, press the power button. This will load into Hboot.

6. Since there is no image for Hboot, it will ask you what you want to do. Use the volume up/down keys to choose bootloader, then press power button.

7. Use volume up/down keys to choose recovery, then press power button.

8. Phone will boot in Clockwork Recovery.

9. Complete a factory reset.

10. Clear/delete cache partition (I do this three times).

11. Go into advanced menu, clear/delete Dalvik Cache. (I do this three times).

12. Back out to main menu, choose 'choose zip from sd card', and then flash the Bamf remix rom.

13. When its done, reboot the phone.

14. Enjoy!