[REF/GUIDE] [17/11] The Complete Wildfire Index

Search This thread

punky.mtp

Jan 5, 2011
Montpellier
this might be a stupid question but why aren't there any Android 2.1 (Eclaire) AOSP Rom's? I've personally found that the stock 2.1 ROM, unoverclocked, was the fastest in GENERAL USE, not games like Angry Birds or whatever, general use. With Wildpuzzle or CM7 my notification bar lagged and I found myself waiting for menus to open, especially contacts. The onscreen keyboard was also quite slow compared to the stock HTC one on 2.1

This might only be me but from what I've seen on my own phone, the newer the version of android I flash, the slower my phone is, which is logical as newer versions have more features.

Back to my original question, is there a specific reason why there's no AOSP Eclaire ROM's? 2.1 Seems to be fastest, but I like AOSP ROM's because they have more free memory and no Sense or HTC apps....

Can anyone answer this for me?

Mi désire & wildfire are more efficient under gingerbread than froyo or éclair

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
The onscreen keyboard was also quite slow compared to the stock HTC one on 2.1

I tend to agree, HTC must have made a few optimizations as the gingerbread keyboard is quite laggy. However I find that the rest of the system works fine for me.

Back to my original question, is there a specific reason why there's no AOSP Eclaire ROM's? 2.1 Seems to be fastest, but I like AOSP ROM's because they have more free memory and no Sense or HTC apps....

Can anyone answer this for me?

No specific reason, although there are quite a few changes needed to make things work smoothly (surfaceflinger and libagl in particular) that will have to be ported over to 2.1. I think in general 2.3 will be faster as the Dalvik VM includes a new JIT compiler.

lysias.gr

Jun 25, 2010
hello to all.

I tried to root my phone yesterday (froyo 2.2 Hboot 002)

I used the AlphaRev X method to S-off the phone.

It worked although it did not downgrade the hboot to 001 . It remained 002

I followed the instructions to root the device.

I changed the recovery to clockwork 3.2 it worked fine

I continued with the su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip ... and the trouble started...
Although it seemed to work the phone was not rooted. Furthermore it is not possible to use clockwork anymore because the use of the touch screen buttons was changed. pressing the serch button would do the same think like pressing the go back button. so I cannot select any action in clockwork. To exit I had to remove the battery.

I tried different (older) versions - same effect.
I tried to flash an order firmware 1.6 - same effect.

Any ideas?

Reactions: 3xeno

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
hello to all.

I tried to root my phone yesterday (froyo 2.2 Hboot 002)

I used the AlphaRev X method to S-off the phone.

It worked although it did not downgrade the hboot to 001 . It remained 002

I followed the instructions to root the device.

I changed the recovery to clockwork 3.2 it worked fine

I continued with the su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip ... and the trouble started...
Although it seemed to work the phone was not rooted. Furthermore it is not possible to use clockwork anymore because the use of the touch screen buttons was changed. pressing the serch button would do the same think like pressing the go back button. so I cannot select any action in clockwork. To exit I had to remove the battery.

I tried different (older) versions - same effect.
I tried to flash an order firmware 1.6 - same effect.

Any ideas?

Use the Trackball to select something in Clockworkmod. Not the Power Button. Power Button for selection is to be used only in HBoot Menu. And Enjoy your free Thanks BTW. :p

Reactions: lysias.gr

lysias.gr

Jun 25, 2010
when you say trckball I suppose you mean the search button. and navigation up and down with the (home) and (menu) buttons... there are the ones that are mixed up....

The power button only brings up the screensaver (the hat)

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
when you say trckball I suppose you mean the search button. and navigation up and down with the (home) and (menu) buttons... there are the ones that are mixed up....

The power button only brings up the screensaver (the hat)

No. I mean the Trackball. Not any of the 4 Buttons, but, one below it. (Which is a light sensitive pad with a silver ring surrounding it)

Navigation inside Clockworkmod is done using the Trackpad (By swiping your finger up or down the trackpad), or by using the Side volume buttons. Not using any of he 4 buttons again.

Inside Clockworkmod, the 4 buttons (Home/Menu/Back/Search) don't serve any purpose.

So, to sum up, Inside Clockworkmod;
-Navigate using the Side Volume Buttons / Trackpad
- Select using the Trackball (ie Pressing down the trackpad)

Hope that clears it up :)

Reactions: lysias.gr

lysias.gr

Jun 25, 2010
OK now i feel VERY stupid and embarrased :eek:

I have the phone 6 months and never knew it had a trackpad !!!!

I just rooted the phone!

thanx for your help

If you are ever in Greece please let me buy you a drink !!!

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
OK now i feel VERY stupid and embarrased :eek:

I have the phone 6 months and never knew it had a trackpad !!!!

I just rooted the phone!

thanx for your help

If you are ever in Greece please let me buy you a drink !!!

Haha, don't worry about it. As far as I see, it has no real function except inside Clockworkmod for the Wildfire, which is probably why HTC is no longer providing these in any of their newer devices.

Glad I could help you. :)

Lara_Shadow

Feb 20, 2011
Indore
no option for 1.01.0002 on revolutionary site

I have version 1.01.0002 on my wildfire.
But there is no option for 1.01.0002 in HBOOT to generate Beta Key.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
I have version 1.01.0002 on my wildfire.
But there is no option for 1.01.0002 in HBOOT to generate Beta Key.

1) Try as it is. i.e. - on the website, select 1.01.0001, and try the key on your device (Inspite of your device being 1.01.0002). It should work. Only in a few regional / branded devices with 1.01.0002, it doesn't work. (And, if I am not wrong, it works on India 1.01.0002 devices just fine)

2) However, if that doesn't work, you will have to downgrade 1.01.0002 to 1.01.0001. The procedure for that can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132028

Reactions: Lara_Shadow

Lara_Shadow

Feb 20, 2011
Indore
Getting serial number

- Your Wildfire's Serial Number. (Printed on the Box and below the battery. It is a 12 digit Alphanumeric number, which normally (not necessarily) begins with HT0 (That's a Zero))

you can also Serial No from (When on home screen)
Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Phone identity -> Device serial number

Just in case when you dont have Box and dont want to open your phone.

Aca902

Mar 4, 2011
Belgrade
2010-11-11 - 1.37.405.1 r1 – HTC Wildfire Stock ROM with Online Kitchen by paulobrien ------ this is froyo rom, not eclair....

and btw, great guide ;)

kwajda

Oct 26, 2010
Toruń
Why discontinued?

Why no one wants to continue this drive. He is amazing, just a little work. I can port (resize) apps by reducing the image of the MDPI HDPI to LDPI.

Top Liked Posts