2430Mah battery (same size as stock)

Search This thread

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
Since i upgraded from my htc dream which had a custom japan made 2430 Mah battery iv been searching for the same thing for my O2x and iv found it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2430MAH-F...069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb76a1fad

Its the same asize as the original battery so no gay larger backs for the phone just longer life and more time gaming and browsing, just dont buy them all ill be getting one in a couple of days.

Since they have the tech to put more power into small sized batterys it makes me wonder why these big phone makers dont use these higher capacity batterys instead of giving you some peice of **** that barely lasts a few hours of real use.

Last edited:

aMpeX

Mar 1, 2011
Kaiserslautern
If the tech really were available within the requirements and safety measures the big manufacturers would surely deploy it.

This battery probably has nowhere near the advertised capacity, comes without the necessary safety measures like the stock ones and will decline greatly over time.

If you want premium tech you have to pay premium prizes, and while there might be some better bang-per-buck deals, this one sounds to good to be true, so I wouldn't trust it until someone confirms the battery really has that much juice.

Just my 2 cents

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
Oh why not check it out?
Ordering one now, will tell you all about how it perform as soon as I get it.

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
I already have confirmed it works did you bother to read my post i bought this battery from the same seller for my htc dream and had bit for a year and it last for almost 2 days with a lot of use, i can't say for sure that this one for the o2x will work as well but its from the same seller and its the same brand of battery from japan so I'm confident and will order one soon.

Remember its made in japan where standards must be kept it isn't from china.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
What a load of crap, any country can produce shoddy goods.

No its not crap idiot...

Of course shoddy goods can be produced anywhere but they cannot label them as better than they are that only happens in places like china.

China regually change disk type and spoof them as better brands for sales and clone well known products like the psp and iphone and release crap labbled as psp or iphone this cant be done in japan and western countrys and thats the same kind of thing as labbeling a 2430Mah battery when its only a 1300Mah battery so im not worried as i said i already tried one of these gold premium batterys and it worked fine.

So continue with your scepticism and lose out i dont care.

And remember that when you get a new battery sometimes you need drain the battery then delete battery stats and recharge it or it will appear as tho the battery drains faster than a stock battery and if the stats think the battery is empty it will shutdown.

Last edited:

grognaz

Jul 15, 2010
great find, thanks a lot for sharing.
i ordered one as well since im so sick to having permanent paranoya of running out of juice if i cant plug the device for a couple of hours....

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

gasgasgas

Dec 12, 2010
Let's see after some months of usage, I'm usually very skeptic for those batteries with ultra high capacity (1A/h something like 75% more) at those prices.

Producers are not a bunch of idiots, IMO those batteries are simply not good enough.

lintz

Aug 21, 2011
No its not crap idiot...

Of course shoddy goods can be produced anywhere but they cannot label them as better than they are that only happens in places like china.

China regually change disk type and spoof them as better brands for sales and clone well known products like the psp and iphone and release crap labbled as psp or iphone this cant be done in japan and western countrys and thats the same kind of thing as labbeling a 2430Mah battery when its only a 1300Mah battery so im not worried as i said i already tried one of these gold premium batterys and it worked fine.

So continue with your scepticism and lose out i dont care.

And remember that when you get a new battery sometimes you need drain the battery then delete battery stats and recharge it or it will appear as tho the battery drains faster than a stock battery and if the stats think the battery is empty it will shutdown.

Please restrain your self from using insults.

As rusty mentioned any country can make crap. And sell them for "some thing they ain't". As you seems to refer a lot to china. It might be a chines battery with a fake label. Wouldn't be the first time. Or the label might have a typo, like I hope your capital M is in all the Mah. Since: M= Mega ,m=mili. Should be written mAh.

Also since the battery is a Li-ion battery be careful with charging it, since if they get overcharged/overheated they explode. Li-ion battery explosion

And I know that the stock is Li-ion to but hopefully of a higher quality.

Last edited:

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
Well mine is on the way. Guess it will take a week or so, but I will update from day one how it performs.

shpapy

Apr 22, 2011
i ordered it as well, i will post an update as soon as i get it.
13 pounds sounds good since, the 3450 bat is 35 + cover....
just my thoughts....

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
Please restrain your self from using insults.

As rusty mentioned any country can make crap. And sell them for "some thing they ain't". As you seems to refer a lot to china. It might be a chines battery with a fake label. Wouldn't be the first time. Or the label might have a typo, like I hope your capital M is in all the Mah. Since: M= Mega ,m=mili. Should be written mAh.

Also since the battery is a Li-ion battery be careful with charging it, since if they get overcharged/overheated they explode. Li-ion battery explosion

And I know that the stock is Li-ion to but hopefully of a higher quality.

Most rechargable batterys are Li-ion....you know this means lithium right.... 9 out of 10 rechargable batterys use this tech including the stock and they do not explode when overcharged they have chips that stop them overcharging and even with the super cheap version iv never seen one that didnt come with this even cheaper overcharging chip.

But AGAIN i already said i tried one of those 2430mah batterys with my htc dream and the battery life was doubled from the stock battery and i regually overcharged the phone overnight....no explosion. How about we just wait and see what people who have ordered one report.

In case your brain cant comprehend what you are seeing but that guy intentianally made that battery explode and very likely took apart all the safety features before doing it.

My theory on why phone manufacturers dont use higher capacity batterys is cost they want to make the most profit from their phones so why pay higher prices for better batterys when they can get low capacity ones for dirt cheap prices and slap huge price tags on their phones, if they are paying mass stock prices of £8 per battery for 1920mah or 2430mah instead of £1-£2 for crap batterys then that adds up for each unit they sell. Less cost in production means more profit.

Last edited:

Soulj4h

Nov 14, 2010
Gurgaon
Realme X7 Max 5G
OnePlus 12R
Most rechargable batterys are Li-ion....you know this means lithium right.... 9 out of 10 rechargable batterys use this tech including the stock and they do not explode when overcharged they have chips that stop them overcharging and even with the super cheap version iv never seen one that didnt come with this even cheaper overcharging chip.

But AGAIN i already said i tried one of those 2430mah batterys with my htc dream and the battery life was doubled from the stock battery and i regually overcharged the phone overnight....no explosion. How about we just wait and see what people who have ordered one report.

In case your brain cant comprehend what you are seeing but that guy intentianally made that battery explode and very likely took apart all the safety features before doing it.

My theory on why phone manufacturers dont use higher capacity batterys is cost they want to make the most profit from their phones so why pay higher prices for better batterys when they can get low capacity ones for dirt cheap prices and slap huge price tags on their phones, if they are paying mass stock prices of £8 per battery for 1920mah or 2430mah instead of £1-£2 for crap batterys then that adds up for each unit they sell. Less cost in production means more profit.

There's a level of respect and decor that you should maintain in this forum. It makes me wonder if you're some hired salesman from ECell, but that's just speculation and not an accusation.

For the people that ordered this battery, please do give a report of how this performed.Tell us about how hot it gets while charging, what are the battery stats like, and how much real time usage does it give you.

Reactions: aMpeX and topanyel

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
I'm a heavy user and sometimes the battery wont last a day. I will report in how it performs as soon as I get it, so no worries ;)

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
There's a level of respect and decor that you should maintain in this forum. It makes me wonder if you're some hired salesman from ECell, but that's just speculation and not an accusation.

For the people that ordered this battery, please do give a report of how this performed.Tell us about how hot it gets while charging, what are the battery stats like, and how much real time usage does it give you.

Ill respond to someone in the same manner that they reply to me if they cant handle it then they should learn to deal with people better.

No i couldnt care less if you think im a hired salesman or some crap i used this battery before on a different phone and battery life was increased alot from stock i dont know if these batterys are just relabbled crap and i got lucky and got a 1930mah battery but in any case i got alot more time from the battery i got than from the stock so it was worth it.

Temp didnt rise much more than stock around 35c while charging up to about 41-42 if i was using at the same time. But that was the htc dream and was an old phone that phone got hot from normal use anyway because the cpu was almost always at full load.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i upgraded from my htc dream which had a custom japan made 2430 Mah battery iv been searching for the same thing for my O2x and iv found it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2430MAH-F...069?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb76a1fad

Its the same asize as the original battery so no gay larger backs for the phone just longer life and more time gaming and browsing, just dont buy them all ill be getting one in a couple of days.

Since they have the tech to put more power into small sized batterys it makes me wonder why these big phone makers dont use these higher capacity batterys instead of giving you some peice of **** that barely lasts a few hours of real use.
    Here is what's really inside

51f7a7ed-6217-37da.jpg

Sent from my LG-P990

We all ready know about the mugen power batteries, they are a bit over priced.

Yes they're more expensive, but I get full customer support and they DO DELIVER what they promised. Honestly, that's the best extended battery brand around, and when I say brand, I mean it. I ordered and will order more from these guys.
    well i have this battery and it has done it for me for over half a year already, after recently calibrating the battery, and i am using "[JB][CM10][Hackfest] CM10 for LGP990!" from Benee with Harsh's kernel, when i ordered this battery from ebay.co.uk together with two or was it three of the same batteries for HTC Desire HD all of them including me didn't need to recharge the phone doing the day compared to the stock one and they r still as good as back when i bought them.

So i dunno how much fake they actually r, bcs it's working for me and hope they will for the future aswell, but using a battery everyday ofc it does down performance wise all of them to do in time, some just faster than others, but with the price of max 10 pounds, i don't see the big yelling about why it don't work as good as the original, battery bcs u ain't using that one :D