Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
I have been through many cases recently with my x10 including:

Alumor by Capdase

Edge by INCIPIO

Commuter by OtterBox

Silicone/Plastic Skin by (unkown)

Invisible Shield by ZAGG

I found that all of the cases were good in their own ways but had their downsides obviously.

a) Alumor, very snug design it has a great metal backing for excellent protection of the phone and really nice rubber/silicone inside for shock absorption. The rubber around the keys felt a little thick and I found myself often doubling click a button to get my desired keystroke. I found the case a tad bit bulky but obviously spared no cost in the protection department. I really liked the smooth feeling of the metallic backing against my hands. Overall a great case for in-and-out of pocket use. The rubber eventually peels but it does NOT discolour.

b) Edge, extremely tight fitting which leaves little room for screen protectors. But this tight fit ensures a small fitting case making it less cumbersome. Direct access to all of the keys and speakers was a big plus for me, it really made it feel like I didn't even have a case on my phone. A big downside, I thought, was that it covers up the notification light entirely which I consider one of the main reasons why I got an Android phone. Overall great case except for the lack of notification reminders.

c) Commuter, tough like a rock this case hit the ground many times and I was damn glad I had it on because it takes a lot of hits! Again the rubber sheath around the phone left me disgruntled when pressing the volume keys for example. It's a great case for anyone really worried about damaging their wonderful x10. Of course this great prtoection comes at a cost; the Commuter is by far the bulkiest case out there. The rubber innards serve as great protection but I feel like they didn't spend enough time really trying to get a tight fit around the x10. Overall great case for those worry-warts! :)

d) Silicone/Plastic skin, this was actually my first case and I am not a fan of silicone/plastic cases. I found that they discolour easily, they turn your pockets inside-out when you check your messages, and the protection is minimal. There is just not enough between the phone and the ground I drop it on to really save my phone. I suppose it's better than nothing though. Keys are hard to access through the silicone/plastic even harder than the rubberized bodies on the Alumor and Commuter. Overall it's not a bad alternative if you don't really want a heavy duty case.

e) Invisible Shield, probably a dream come true to anyone who absolutely despises cases. I had a back and front protection on my x10, and I do believe there is an entire body cover package. The invisible shield almost melts to your phone and becomes part of it, the design is fantastic from protection of scratches and nicks. Unfortunetly this isn't a case at all. It's great for scratches, etc. but contributes a minimal amount if you ever drop it on the ground. Zero protection of the corners of the x10. Overall it's the best choice for those who don't want a case.

Alright there's my little rant on cases. Sorry if this has been done over many threads and posts but I thought i might shed some light on the topic. Hope this clears things up for any skeptical people out there.

But the real question is...what's your favourite case?

Leave your awesome responses in the comments and please leave your opinion!

skyleth

May 19, 2009
Seville
Samsung Galaxy S8
i've got one from unknown brand, hard plastic or something like that, and it's perfect, the buttons are completely accesible because they're not covered, and also it doesn't turn my pockets inside-out. I've also used an invisible shield, which is very good indeed, but the only problem i found was that after some time it starts to get dirty and out of the phone, so i have to remove it and replace with new one. i decided to use the plastic case and the only problem i have is the phone now is not as slim as it is without, like 2mm more than before, but is no problem

Nathvader

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
Sounds like you've got yourself a great plastic one, very interesting how the buttons are not covered! Maybe ill look around. I'm currently using my Edge and it is great I find. If you ever get the chance or have a little extra money you could try it out. :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Pawnty

Sep 30, 2010
I've got the Otterbox Commuter. I'm not overly worried about breaking my phone but it has saved it on a few occasions. I personally don't find it as bulky as others might but I do agree that the rubbery part could form more nicely to the phone. the top part of the rubber is much looser than I'd like.

Nathvader

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
@Pawnty, I totally am with you the little slot where the notification light cut out is seems to be incredibly loose. I thought mine was just maybe a deformed one and I got unlucky. Good to know I'm not the only one. Overall though it is a great case IMHO.

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

Nathvader

Apr 10, 2011
Vancouver
Also as a recommendation I would try the Incipio Edge its really great, that is if your looking for a switch or just an alternative. :)

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

milton.bain

Sep 8, 2011
Digboi
I use back hard mesh cover. 3layered screenguard. GEB leather pouch..... All from ebay

CheersS! :)
From X10i on ROM : "T.E.A.M. v3.5"
using XDA premium

Reactions: fantasyx10

V3RO

Jun 30, 2011
Hi people. Great thread! I've been searching for this for a while.
I'm thinking about buying a case for my x10. I've already dropped it once, resulting in a broken screen, and I'd really like to avoid having that "accident" twice.
Since I'm from Argentina, I would have to buy it online and have it sent, so I'd really like to be sure of what I'm buying.
I've checked all the ones you mentioned, and I'm still trying to decide between an Edge and a Commuter. However, I wanted to ask you (warning: girlie question ahead): aren't there any cases that come with designs? I don't mean colours only, but pictures or logos or something extra? Something to spice things up! I love my x10, but I'd really like to have something more... bazzinga, let's call it!
Thanks for the post, it's been really helpful!

milton.bain

Sep 8, 2011
Digboi
I'm thinking about buying a case for my x10. I've already dropped it once, resulting in a broken screen, and I'd really like to avoid having that "accident" twice.
Since I'm from Argentina, I would have to buy it online and have it sent, so I'd really like to be sure of what I'm buying.
I've checked all the ones you mentioned, and I'm still trying to decide between an Edge and a Commuter. However, I wanted to ask you (warning: girlie question ahead): aren't there any cases that come with designs? I don't mean colours only, but pictures or logos or something extra? Something to spice things up! I love my x10, but I'd really like to have something more... bazzinga, let's call it!

Yes definitely. There's nothing to be ashamed of designs mate. Just search for "designed/stylish pouch or case or cover".

From X10i on ROM : "ThGo2 v9.3"
using XDA premium

Reactions: fantasyx10 and V3RO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes definitely. There's nothing to be ashamed of designs mate. Just search for "designed/stylish pouch or case or cover".

From X10i on ROM : "ThGo2 v9.3"
    using XDA premium
    I use back hard mesh cover. 3layered screenguard. GEB leather pouch..... All from ebay

using XDA premium
    Would any of these accomodate the larger battery ?

Couldn't get your meaning

using XDA premium