Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
see i told u CM was on the way :)

CM11 booting on Xperia Z2 thanks to @Kali-

14+-+1

feis

Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, im gonna play it safely and wait atleast month for a root exploit, if it doesnt happen, just gonna unlock bootloader.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so friends here is DooMKernel for Xperia Z2 :)

attachment.php

its just the begining so not a lot of stuff added yet but i will add more things soon!...

oh and did i mention that it has multi recovery solution!!!

CWM + TWRP!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php
    I'll release an early cm build next week if all goes well :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
    Right I know it's too early to guess regarding the development of the Z2, but I checked out the Z1 subforum, and I'm unimpressed to be honest.

The Z1 was released September 2013. The HTC M8 was released April this year. The M8 is fast approaching the number of threads/kernels/ROMS.

Why are the Sony devices being left behind? I'm still waiting for my Z2, but I have something in the back of mind telling me the M8 will excel with development and stay updated/refreshed longer.

Any thoughts?

Personally I am thinking the opposite...

Samsung & HTC forums have too much roms, kernel and threads!

What the point to have 200 differents roms containing the same mods, the same apps, where the only change is the name!

What's the point to have 50 differents buggy kernels, beta CM builds, etc

Quantity doesn't make quality ;)

The Sony forums are well organized, there are specific developers for each style, like stock based rom, CM roms, AOSP, etc

We have a few kernels builders and that's enough.
    Lack of need for "development" was one of the reasons why I ordered a Z2.After four years of Samsung on my i9000 and i9300 and the need to root it to remove the bloat,wherafter "enjoying " the "development of CM / PA/ Slimrom etc ,and the frustration of the poor results of this development,
    I decided to go for the best phone available atm because Sony stays very close to "stock "android the way I enjoy it on my N7.
    Maybe from now on I can only enjoy this beautifull phone without ending up running around in circles as a "flash.a.holic" again.
    For those who wish to persist in their "flashing" habits : good luck with it....
    Z2 has some weird kernel/fastboot issues. So development isn't easy. First cm build had a black screen, second one didn't booted at all, red LED keeps on flashing. But kernel is built with the same mkbootimg and same command.

Me and Doomlord are both facing issues like this, so let's hope we find a solution soon.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app