[ROM][1/7][P600] - Stock Rooted Knox Free - P600ZTUB "ML1"

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
This is the latest firmware I coudl find on any site. It was Asian so I converted it to work with the P600UE (US Based P600's and other variants).

Features:

• Made Compatible with US devices (may work on other regions).
  • Removed Knox and proloaded Kisok mode
  • Pre-rooted with SuperSU
  • Odex or De-odex'ed
  • Zip Aligned
  • Set Google as home page
  • Busybox
  • init.d Support
  • Removed Chinese Keyboard.
  • No other changes or modifications.

Once again, this is an untouched stock ROM other than what is listed. There are no tweaks or enhancements.

It took me 2 days to figure out how to get around the regional coding on the new Samsung devices so please hit Thanks if you download.

Downloads:

Odex: Stock-Root-Odex-P600ZTUBML1.zip - 1.22 GB

De-Odex: Stock-Root-De-Odex-P600ZTUBML1.zip - 1.22 GB

Please hit thanks. Tips are aprpeciated :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
  • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
  • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
  • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
  • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
  • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Hit Thanks!

Last edited:

harrychimp

Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
First! <----always wanted to post this. :p

Let me do a nandroid backup and I'll flash this tonight when I'm home.
Are you looking for anything specific?

Update @ approximately 2pm PST
FYI: This download took well over an hour.

Last edited:

Scott

Well, I just want to make sure everything works. It was a big learning experieence about the regional coding files and the SEA policies which I finally figured out.

So if you can test apps in the play store, over all functionality type thing. Looking for things like "Not supported in your region" errors although I doubt it (USA Regions only, other regions I cannot support).

IM sure its good as I ran with it for two days and liked it.

Reactions: OhioDroid80

vincey2kr1

Sep 3, 2010
Well, I just want to make sure everything works. It was a big learning experieence about the regional coding files and the SEA policies which I finally figured out.

So if you can test apps in the play store, over all functionality type thing. Looking for things like "Not supported in your region" errors although I doubt it (USA Regions only, other regions I cannot support).

Google play services was force closing but updated all my apps and it went away

Scott

Google play services was force closing but updated all my apps and it went away

Sadly that is a typical issue with play services.

They try to push that at the same time the push the apps and it can cause a mess.

Google needs to get it together... But then again, I dont think they made Android for the Crack Flashing crew.

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
Why did you convert a stock Asian rom to be compatible with US/EU version of P600?
Haven't they the same hardware or product code (SM-P600)?
I ask you this since I ordered a note 2014 from Singapore and I would flash an European stock rom with my country's csc.
Do you think it's not possible?

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

harrychimp

Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Here's some of my thoughts about the Asian ML1 version.

Thank you very much for sharing this ROM with us.

2014-01-07-19-20-56.jpg

One more thing to add:
It seems there is a significant lag for the screen to turn on after the tablet was off for more than a few minutes.
Also tested the magnetic cover on both Poetic cases I own. The tablet display turns on and off when cover is opened and closed.

Last edited:

Scott

Why did you convert a stock Asian rom to be compatible with US/EU version of P600?
Haven't they the same hardware or product code (SM-P600)?
I ask you this since I ordered a note 2014 from Singapore and I would flash an European stock rom with my country's csc.
Do you think it's not possible?

Samsung SM-P9005 - Tapatalk

For whatever reasons Samsung seems to have locked them like they did with the phones and sims. I beleive, but cannot prove for fact, that they are using the same "technology" from the Note 3. You can read more about it here: Samsung’s Regional SIM-Lock: The Stupidest Thing Ever?

Now I dont know for fact, so take it with a grain of salt, but look at the first digit of the firmware and that is the region. Take look here on THIS PAGE for the region and the firmware versions. You will see a pattern.

It seems, Arabian devices all start with X, European based devices start with U, US based devices start with U as well. All Asian devices start with Z. But what throws me off is not all countries seem to be in the region you would expect. So I really am not sure. I just now that some people cant use my ROM very well and others can.

I know that i could not get the ZT base to work until I swapped out portions of the RAM disk and some really strange files in the /system partition which I beleive are tied to the ram disk files which then seem to tie to the region. THIS IS ALL SPECULATION on my behalf. I wont know unless I have a device from Asia to test or someone that knows more about Samsung product codes can elaborate.

Now, I cant honestly tell you that they wont be able to cross but I can tell you I had to tear out some files from the UE based ROM (United States) and replace those files in the ZT based ROM (Tiawan).

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

When you get your device send me a PM so I can have you look at things and quantify my thoughts. All my theory are based on my physical US Based Device and the troubles I had getting the Asian based ROM to flash.

Last edited:

Scott

Here's some of my thoughts about the Asian ML1 version.

Thank you very much for sharing this ROM with us.

View attachment 2501414

One more thing to add:
It seems there is a significant lag for the screen to turn on after the tablet was off for more than a few minutes.
Also tested the magnetic cover on both Poetic cases I own. The tablet display turns on and off when cover is opened and closed.

Although I cannot read your hand writing I did seem like a positive tone? lol :p

The lag on wake is by design. I know, strange... But thats how any Exnyos process based device is.

Refernce any article in this quick Google Search and you will see it covers almost every Exnyos device Samsung makes. Not just the Note 10.1.

We will need to enlist a real good kernel developer to remove that lag. You can read more about it in my CleanROM thread as we were just discussing it there...

But in a nut shell, the tablet goes into deep sleep and it has to be woken up. This is done to conserve battery.

I also tested the wake lag against stock MK1 base and its actually improved. At least form my testing anyways. Take it with a grain of salt as I am an old man and cant count very well :p

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
Hey this is exactly what i was looking for.

My brother and I bought our dad this tablet from the US and the first thing I did was root it as usual with all the other android devices in our house haha.. but as usual after rooting and installing a custom recovery you cannot do OTA's.

I would like to know will you be keeping this stock and maintaining this as samsung pushes updates. the first thing my dad did, was check if he could do auto updates and it said no tablet is modified. So I told him I would have to do it manually.

Many thanks in advance.

Also is this ML1 the latest release by Samsung?

harrychimp

Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Although I cannot read your hand writing I did seem like a positive tone? lol :p

The lag on wake is by design. I know, strange... But thats how any Exnyos process based device is.

Refernce any article in this quick Google Search and you will see it covers almost every Exnyos device Samsung makes. Not just the Note 10.1.

We will need to enlist a real good kernel developer to remove that lag. You can read more about it in my CleanROM thread as we were just discussing it there...

But in a nut shell, the tablet goes into deep sleep and it has to be woken up. This is done to conserve battery.

I also tested the wake lag against stock MK1 base and its actually improved. At least form my testing anyways. Take it with a grain of salt as I am an old man and cant count very well :p

The feedback of your ML1 stock ROM was positive. All apps I used simply worked. There was nothing unusual about any of the apps, including no force closes.

Touchwiz launcher also seemed quicker when scrolling through the home pages and application pages. I plan to do a Titanium backup and make this my daily ROM for a few days (or longer).

As for the lag when turning on the screen, I was only making an observation. It was neither a positive or negative comment about the ROM. I prefer the tablet to go into deep sleep mode as fast as possible to conserve battery life. So an extra half second or so for the display screen to turn on is an easy tradeoff.

Scott

My brother and I bought our dad this tablet from the US and the first thing I did was root it as usual with all the other android devices in our house haha.. but as usual after rooting and installing a custom recovery you cannot do OTA's.

I would like to know will you be keeping this stock and maintaining this as samsung pushes updates. the first thing my dad did, was check if he could do auto updates and it said no tablet is modified. So I told him I would have to do it manually.

Many thanks in advance.

I will more than likely be doing stock roots for any update I can for the duration of tablet owner ship.

As the very first line of the opening post stated; this is the latest build I can find anywhere on the internet.

If anyone ever finds anything newer than what I have they normally will post in one of my threads or will send me a PM. Plus I scour certain firmware sites daily.

The feedback of your ML1 stock ROM was positive. All apps I used simply worked. There was nothing unusual about any of the apps, including no force closes.

Touchwiz launcher also seemed quicker when scrolling through the home pages and application pages. I plan to do a Titanium backup and make this my daily ROM for a few days (or longer).

As for the lag when turning on the screen, I was only making an observation. It was neither a positive or negative comment about the ROM. I prefer the tablet to go into deep sleep mode as fast as possible to conserve battery life. So an extra half second or so for the display screen to turn on is an easy tradeoff.

Good good!

IM going to chop this up into CleanROM within the next couple days.

I also see a few performance gains as far as the launcher, etc.

Reactions: kazemitsui

jbeitel

Jan 26, 2007
In a Galaxy far far away
beitel.us
Hey scott. I havent flashed your rom yet but when I flashed it as a firmware I seem to have some wifi dropping issues. Did you notice this or did some of your hacks change the wifi?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Scott

Hey scott. I havent flashed your rom yet but when I flashed it as a firmware I seem to have some wifi dropping issues. Did you notice this or did some of your hacks change the wifi?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nah, I see some changes in the system dealing specificallyh with WiFi and Bluetooth but I have not had an issue with WiFi (nor do I 100% understand teh changes between MK1 and ML1).

However, the bootlaoder may have also attributed to this. I made this rom so it would run with the MK1 US Bootloader.

I would Odin MK1 then you should be able to flash this. But as far as WiFi drops for me personally, nah. Seems good.

Anyone else see any WiFi issues?

jbeitel

Jan 26, 2007
In a Galaxy far far away
beitel.us
Nah, I see some changes in the system dealing specificallyh with WiFi and Bluetooth but I have not had an issue with WiFi (nor do I 100% understand teh changes between MK1 and ML1).

However, the bootlaoder may have also attributed to this. I made this rom so it would run with the MK1 US Bootloader.

I would Odin MK1 then you should be able to flash this. But as far as WiFi drops for me personally, nah. Seems good.

Anyone else see any WiFi issues?

That's great, i'll be sure to try it when i get home then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest firmware I coudl find on any site. It was Asian so I converted it to work with the P600UE (US Based P600's and other variants).

Features:

• Made Compatible with US devices (may work on other regions).
    • Removed Knox and proloaded Kisok mode
    • Pre-rooted with SuperSU
    • Odex or De-odex'ed
    • Zip Aligned
    • Set Google as home page
    • Busybox
    • init.d Support
    • Removed Chinese Keyboard.
    • No other changes or modifications.

Once again, this is an untouched stock ROM other than what is listed. There are no tweaks or enhancements.

It took me 2 days to figure out how to get around the regional coding on the new Samsung devices so please hit Thanks if you download.

Downloads:

Odex: Stock-Root-Odex-P600ZTUBML1.zip - 1.22 GB

De-Odex: Stock-Root-De-Odex-P600ZTUBML1.zip - 1.22 GB

Please hit thanks. Tips are aprpeciated :D
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Hit Thanks!

Many thanks in advance.

I will more than likely be doing stock roots for any update I can for the duration of tablet owner ship.

As the very first line of the opening post stated; this is the latest build I can find anywhere on the internet.

If anyone ever finds anything newer than what I have they normally will post in one of my threads or will send me a PM. Plus I scour certain firmware sites daily.

Good good!

IM going to chop this up into CleanROM within the next couple days.

I also see a few performance gains as far as the launcher, etc.