[Q] Themer crashed my phone. HELP NEEDED ;-(

Search This thread

lpf

Sep 19, 2006
Hi all,

This morning I played with Themer and it crashed all my user's data.

What I did :
I was playing with a theme (did not remember its name but I can find it again if needed), added a new page, added a 1st Themer widget (clock), then added a Themer calendar widget

What happened :
As soon as I placed the Themer calendar widget on the launcher, the phone crashed and went to reset. It starts (not bricked) but...

Consequences :
- all the apps installed on the SD are missing (but the SD seems to be safe though). They do not appear anymore in the apps' list.
- all the data of all phone-installed apps are lost : I get the 1st run wizard on all applications, and no more personal data on any of them
- event Themer goes through a 1st run wizard, and when I switched to my previous launcher (ADW) all data were lost too (default layout, etc.)

I am currently going through a Nandroid backup and AFAIS everything seems to be there so what's up ?
- how can I restore the user's data ?
- how can I make the phone see the apps from the SD again ?

Of course my Titanium backup is quite old, but I think it is normal business when something goes wrong with one's device ;-( ;-( ;-(

Please help me !!

Thanks in advance,
lpf

Last edited:

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
Hi all,

This morning I played with Themer and it crashed all my user's data.

What I did :
I was playing with a theme (did not remember its name but I can find it again if needed), added a new page, added a 1st Themer widget (clock), then added a Themer calendar widget

What happened :
As soon as I placed the Themer calendar widget on the launcher, the phone crashed and went to reset. It starts (not bricked) but...

Consequences :
- all the apps installed on the SD are missing (but the SD seems to be safe though). They do not appear anymore in the apps' list.
- all the data of all phone-installed apps are lost : I get the 1st run wizard on all applications, and no more personal data on any of them
- event Themer goes through a 1st run wizard, and when I switched to my previous launcher (ADW) all data were lost too (default layout, etc.)

I am currently going through a Nandroid backup and AFAIS everything seems to be there so what's up ?
- how can I restore the user's data ?
- how can I make the phone see the apps from the SD again ?

Of course my Titanium backup is quite old, but I think it is normal business when something goes wrong with one's device ;-( ;-( ;-(

Please help me !!

Thanks in advance,
lpf

I know this seems like a horrible thing to ask, but can you get your phone to a state where some of your apps, are installed again (does not matter if they are old), you are running the same rom same version, and using the same kernel with the same kernel tweaks if you had any.
Then try it again. Id like to see if your results are repeatable.

We have never had a report of this or anything like this and we have more than half a million active users.