Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
LUNAR MAX KERNEL

Welcome to Lunar Max Kernel! This kernel is for Sense ROM's and built using the android 4.4.2 source code (VZW). This should work on all carriers. As I do not have the device, I am building these and having them tested before release. If there are problems, please let me know and I shall do my best to fix..although tough without the device for myself.

Instructions: Flash in recovery. These kernels are in anykernel format (i.e. - not a boot image), they unpack your current boot.img and repack the ramdisk with the kernel. The insecure boot.img has been removed due to too much confusion; if you find yourself needing one...give me a shout.

Enjoy!

Features: (more to come)

CPU
  • Overclocking
  • Underclocking
  • Voltage Table
  • Smartmax Governor
  • OnDemand Graphics Boost
GPU
  • Overclocking
Slimbus - OC
IO-Schedulers
  • SIO
  • Zen
  • FIOPS
  • VR
Faux Sound Control
Force Fast Charge
exfat support
Thermal Control - by crpalmer
frandom
fsync control
NEON support
Linaro 4.9.1 a15 cortex toolchain

Download:
Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_02_2014

Old Downloads
Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_01_2014
Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_26_2014
Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_25_2014-NEW

@Flyhalf205 - for collaborating
@IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo - for testing

Source:
https://github.com/brymaster5000/Lunar_Max

XDA:DevDB Information
Lunar Max Kernel, Kernel for the HTC One Max

Contributors
brymaster5000, Buckmarble
Kernel Special Features: OC/UC, Voltage, Thermal Control, CPU Governors, IO Schedulers

Version Information

Created 2014-05-25
Last Updated 2014-06-03

Last edited:

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Changelog:
6/2 - LOADS more performance/memory tweaks, NEON support, fsync control, switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain

6/1(NEW) - more performance tweaks, Wi-Fi is broke
6/1 - Reverted back to GCC 4.8 toolchain, same performance tweaks (minus two that broke wifi), Wi-Fi works

5/30 - switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain, added some performance tweaks - bootloops

5/26 - Added frandom, fixed OC maxing out at 1.7, some performance tweaks, switched to GCC 4.8 toolchain from 4.7

5/25 - Attemtp to fix WiFi for all carriers...

5/24 - Initial Release

Last edited:

mafyas

Downloaded. Installed.
Successfully booted up.
Testing on my international max

My deepest thanks and praises to you devs for making my int one max rocks! Keep up the good work!

Will give feedback a few hours later.

Edit:
1. Unable to turn ON Wifi
2. Max cpu still 1.7ghz while uc nicely sit at 162mhz
3. Using smartmax governor. Battery life seems improve

So far so good. Will wait for the wifi fix.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1401021523253.jpg
    1401021523253.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,116
Last edited:

abusalza

Jun 5, 2007
Samarinda
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Downloaded. Installed.
Successfully booted up.

My deepest thanks and praises to you devs for making my int one max rocks! Keep up the good work!

Edit:

Same problem. Running stock rooted sprint sense 6

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Thanks for the feedback...my tester wasn't able to test last night. Any body else on Verizon who has tested is Wi-Fi working

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
Thanks for the feedback...my tester wasn't able to test last night. Any body else on Verizon who has tested is Wi-Fi working

is this kernel based on the latest kernel source for sense 6 ?

i see that htc released the latest source for sense 6 on htc dev

edit : i see that u built it from verizon source
so why not built it from the latest sources to fix all problems ;)

any way thanks for ur great work :)

Reactions: brymaster5000

brymaster5000

Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
is this kernel based on the latest kernel source for sense 6 ?

i see that htc released the latest source for sense 6 on htc dev

edit : i see that u built it from verizon source
so why not built it from the latest sources to fix all problems ;)

any way thanks for ur great work :)

Was not aware of the source release for sense6. The Wi-Fi issue however will be fixed shortly. Flyhalf has checked in and says it works on vzw, so I will use his work around to enable it on all carriers.

I will patch in the source when I get some time.

Reactions: mido.fayad

ricky886

Mar 8, 2010
View attachment 2762733
Downloaded. Installed.
Successfully booted up.

Edit:

WiFi work for me on my international max
but still 1.728ghz, cpu have no oc setting
Sleepwake better than flykernel 2.1 for I use

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-26-01-41-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-26-01-41-05.png
    245 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Reactions: brymaster5000

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Deleted

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
On VZW running ViperROM 2.0 <4.4.2> sense 5.5
Will this kernel work for me? Trying to decide on which kernel to use, considering there's only 2 custom kernels to pick from.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I'm getting ready to flash Lunar, I'll report back

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Is this for sense 6 only

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

WiFi doesn't work for me. ViperROM 2.0 --4.4.2 sense 5.5

xhunter187

Dec 30, 2010
Victorville,CA
Updated OP with NEW version of today's kernel. My testers are not able to verify this one, but this (if everything works) should enable wifi for all carriers.:fingers-crossed: It's the same version - no added features, just the attempt to fix wifi for all. Let me know how it goes and thanks for being patient.

Seriously have no idea what I may be doing wrong. Running ViperMax 2.0.0 android version 4.4.2 with standard insecure boot image. Any insight? Flashed insecure boot, booted into android, rebooted to recovery, flashed newest Lunar, booted to android and begins to loop.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Updated OP with NEW version of today's kernel. My testers are not able to verify this one, but this (if everything works) should enable wifi for all carriers.:fingers-crossed: It's the same version - no added features, just the attempt to fix wifi for all. Let me know how it goes and thanks for being patient.
I'm on Scotty cleanrom 2.0 so flashed your insecure boot with units support and lost all my paid apps. Luckily I made a backup right before. I'm already this far so will install your kernel to test out what I can but will need to go back if I can't get the paid part worked out.

It may have caused me a little inconvenience but I do thank you for this and hope it all works out going forward.

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Seriously have no idea what I may be doing wrong. Running ViperMax 2.0.0 android version 4.4.2 with standard insecure boot image. Any insight? Flashed insecure boot, booted into android, rebooted to recovery, flashed newest Lunar, booted to android and begins to loop.

Just thought I would chime in. I'm also on vipermax 2.0 vzw- I flashed the lunar. All I done was flash the kernel and only problem I had was WiFi would not connect, no bootloops or any other problems.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

EDITED

Last edited:

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Deleted

Last edited:

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
I'm on Scotty cleanrom 2.0 so flashed your insecure boot with units support and lost all my paid apps. Luckily I made a backup right before. I'm already this far so will install your kernel to test out what I can but will need to go back if I can't get the paid part worked out.

It may have caused me a little inconvenience but I do thank you for this and hope it all works out going forward.
Wifi is working on the new one. My paid apps returned from the insecure flash to the newest one. However I do have some pretty intense lag in most apps, adw launcher swiping, and even keyboard that wasnt there in the latest flykernel or insecure boot. Its like half second at the very first touch then it catches up with what Im doing.

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
GOOD!

EDIT
Just flashed the untested Lunar Kernel download. I'm on Verizon running viper2.0 sense 5.5. I can confirm WiFi is working.

I'm getting ready to flash the 1st download link the untested version I'll report

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LUNAR MAX KERNEL

Welcome to Lunar Max Kernel! This kernel is for Sense ROM's and built using the android 4.4.2 source code (VZW). This should work on all carriers. As I do not have the device, I am building these and having them tested before release. If there are problems, please let me know and I shall do my best to fix..although tough without the device for myself.

Instructions: Flash in recovery. These kernels are in anykernel format (i.e. - not a boot image), they unpack your current boot.img and repack the ramdisk with the kernel. The insecure boot.img has been removed due to too much confusion; if you find yourself needing one...give me a shout.

Enjoy!

Features: (more to come)

CPU
    • Overclocking
    • Underclocking
    • Voltage Table
    • Smartmax Governor
    • OnDemand Graphics Boost
    GPU
    • Overclocking
    Slimbus - OC
    IO-Schedulers
    • SIO
    • Zen
    • FIOPS
    • VR
    Faux Sound Control
    Force Fast Charge
    exfat support
    Thermal Control - by crpalmer
    frandom
    fsync control
    NEON support
    Linaro 4.9.1 a15 cortex toolchain

Download:
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_02_2014

Old Downloads
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-06_01_2014
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_26_2014
    Lunar_Max_Kernel-05_25_2014-NEW

@Flyhalf205 - for collaborating
    @IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo - for testing

Source:
    https://github.com/brymaster5000/Lunar_Max

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lunar Max Kernel, Kernel for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    brymaster5000, Buckmarble
    Kernel Special Features: OC/UC, Voltage, Thermal Control, CPU Governors, IO Schedulers

Version Information

Created 2014-05-25
    Last Updated 2014-06-03
    Changelog:
    6/2 - LOADS more performance/memory tweaks, NEON support, fsync control, switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain

6/1(NEW) - more performance tweaks, Wi-Fi is broke
    6/1 - Reverted back to GCC 4.8 toolchain, same performance tweaks (minus two that broke wifi), Wi-Fi works

5/30 - switched to Linaro-4.9.1 arm-cortex a15 toolchain, added some performance tweaks - bootloops

5/26 - Added frandom, fixed OC maxing out at 1.7, some performance tweaks, switched to GCC 4.8 toolchain from 4.7

5/25 - Attemtp to fix WiFi for all carriers...

5/24 - Initial Release
    OP updated with new kernel.

Changelog:

This is a big update. You should see a decent performance increase. I will be attempting the s2w stuff soon along with sprint merge. Enjoy!
    I am closing this thread until further notice. I don't have the time to support this device at the moment...and havent really done so in a while. I may be working on something for it on the side...bit by bit...but no promises.
    After a small snafu with my build environment, I upgraded to ubuntu 14.04 and just got everything back up and running. Should be back on this soon