[MOD] Swap Internal SD and External SD

Search This thread

nmyron

Oct 25, 2006
Beavercreek, OH
Is there any way this could be done, yet, with the proper names? IE /sdcard and /sdcard/_InternalSD? Does that require modding the kernel? I tried swapping the two mount points in my vold.database, and changing the one for the internal storage fro, _ExternalSD to _InternalSD, but, it just wouldn't mount on reboot.

Sent from my Weapon G2x using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

Found this mod for the Galaxy S (Or SGSII, not sure what the i9003 is), which switches the Internal and External SD cards, according to the Android OS. Personally, I have a lot more space of my external SD and would like games and such to store their data there, instead of on my smaller internal SD. Some apps like Titanium backup can change their data locations, but Games such as Gameloft games and the like cant have their game data moved to the External SD card atm.

This looks like a great alternative to this issue, could this hack be adapted to the G2x?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1088474
    Here is a file Be warned I have not tested this. If it messes your phone up I am not held responsible. **Personally I would let another dev look at this to be on the safe side as I am not 100% sure on this.**

You will have to extract it and use root explorer to push to /system/etc/

Oh I needed to clarify this was on 2.2.2 so it may differ on 2.3.
    ok, after reviewing Tweezits vold, Bionix vold, and CM7 vold, tweezit's would break mounting.
    The reason being, with the introduction of Tegra, the vold changed for it.

I'll have to do some testing, but making the internal to external switch should be fairly easy.
    I've attached the CWM flashable .zip of the mod I've been running for awhile that will swap your SDcards. Never been able to get it to mount the external card as a folder inside /sdcard/. Didn't really want to release it until I did, but here ya go anyway ;)

BTW, is it just me, or do init.d scripts not work in CM7?

This is for CyanogenMod only!

I don't have the volds from other builds on hand to mod them....

this might pose an issue down the road though. Redoing the Vold is only half the battle. Kernel init.rc is the other half. We would have to build a custom kernel that matches the vold, so it would be a 2 step process. well....1 since they would be flashed together.