[APP] Flipboard for Android

Search This thread

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Hey guys, so I'm on a G2X, and I'm running into some problems with the app.
I asked the official flipboard support, but they weren't of much help.
Basically, the app won't remember my flipboard account login.
Everytime the app is stopped or killed, or otherwise isn't working, the next time it starts up, it asks me for my login.
This is very, very often.
I get a phone call? Login again.
I go check my email? Login again.
And it's infuriating.
The app wasn't doing this before. It started doing this very recently, only after a massive crash on my phone. I reinstalled everything, but flipboard is still messed up.

Interesting. I'm going to have to re download it and install it on my tablet and phone to see what I get. Never got those issues before

Sent from my ThunderBolt using xda premium

Running CM10.1 on my GT-P3113

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Anyone know why FB data is so high? I show 5mb app with 80mb data, and 23mb cache. I have about 24 feeds, I can see cache being high, but what's so large being held in data? I'm guessing if I clear data, all my feed selections will disappear.

nxsyueh

May 3, 2013
You know how Flipboard was exclusive only to the Galaxy S III? Sure, you can stand in line and wait for the official launch for the Android app, but since we are all buddies here...

It's simple, I just had a Galaxy S III lying around and I extracted the .apk using AirDroid. So, there you go.

Woot! My favorite site has covered me - http://blog.gsmarena.com/flipboard-...gs-cool-news-feeds-to-non-galaxy-s-iii-users/

About the S Voice, I no longer have the phone with me. But I'll try my best to get it again and extract everything you guys have asked for. Stay tuned.

edit : how to create account : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25871282&postcount=141

edit 2 : for working widget install app in internal storage (not on sdcard)

UPDATE: GET THE LATEST VERSION!

does it work for galaxy y ?

Gandalf Greyhelm

Oct 7, 2011
Birmingham
Hi,

Had a look both here and on the web but I guess here is where I'll find an answer :)

The Flipboard widget displays differently on my two phones.

On my Xperia Z I get a "magazine" style widget - with text stating (for example) "PLUS BBC NEWS (UK) / TIME.COM" etc in the top right corner, text saying "Cover Stories" & a bold text at the bottom with details of the post showing.

On my HTC One I get a standard widget with none of the above - a Flipboard "icon" in the top left of the widget and much smaller text of the describing the poster and post of the current image showing.

I'm confused as to whether this relates to DPI, Launcher or some other difference between the two phones.

I've noticed that the Xperia will show the "magazine" style using its default launcher - or when I use Next Launcher 3D set to auto grid size - but will show the same widget as the One when set to any grid size higher than 4x4.

Bit of a long winded question I know - but if anyone can clear it up for me I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
is there a way to make this one's homescreen? and i don't mean just the standard widget... i mean make the whole functional app just be your homescreen.

rkalaska

Jul 17, 2013
Filpboard now has Wi-Fi only plan

-Open Flipboard,
-Tap on Red ribbon to the top ight
-Tap on Gear icon -> Settings -> scroll to the bottom -> Reduce Data uage -> you see three options here to limit you data usage
- I choose the third option : Don't user mobile data

tomktsang

Apr 13, 2013
Hey guys,
About a few weeks a go, Flipboard was still working fine and posts from my Facebook and Google+ were still appearing in my Cover Stories and therefore, were stories I could access from the widget. However, ever since an update that I installed a few weeks back, only post and shares from Lauren P have been appearing and nothing else. My Cover Stories only consists of her posts... I have no idea who Lauren P is and is there a way of fixing this problem? It is still possible to access my Facebook and Google+ when I actually go into the FB and G+ section, but I want to see them in my Cover Stores as well.

OnAir783

Sep 21, 2011
It takes 1 or 2 days to refresh my own blogspot/rss feeds... is this normal? Which adress have I to use? Greetz :)

MrCrossover42

Feb 9, 2011
Flipboard doesn't log in google reader

My flipboard was log in google reader. I log out from google reader. Later i try log in google reader but i can't do this. Why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-25-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-25-05.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-29-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-29-21.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 476

Top Liked Posts