solution for "insufficient storage available" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

marc18093

Nov 28, 2012
question

Ola,

If you have seen the dreaded "Insufficient Storage Available" message after an update or even a new download from Google Play
and you tried everything this might help:

"I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available"

I copy-pasted the lines above from AndroidCentral. It did fix the problem for me. And I have been spending many, many hours if not days digging through search results to find a solution..
My thanks go to GTAFan9999 on AndroidCentral for pointing me in the right direction.
After installing lucky Patcher some apps that refused to update in the past, updated just fine, I could reinstall Facebook and Whatsapp.

BTW, you will have to google Lucky Patcher, you won't find in on Google Play.

How did you install Lucky Patcher? I downloaded it to my SD Card, but when I try to install it I get the same error? Thanks.

Pottertons

Jun 5, 2011
Ola,

If you have seen the dreaded "Insufficient Storage Available" message after an update or even a new download from Google Play

"I had this problem a few days back. I fixed mine by running "Lucky Patcher" and then going to the troubleshoot section in the menu and picking "Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available"

I copy-pasted the lines above from AndroidCentral. It did fix the problem for me. And I have been spending many, many hours if not days digging through search results to find a solution..
My thanks go to GTAFan9999 on AndroidCentral for pointing me in the right direction.
After installing lucky Patcher some apps that refused to update in the past, updated just fine, I could reinstall Facebook and Whatsapp.

To use this application, you need a rooted device.

You forgot to mention this part. :)

harreee

Dec 11, 2012
Hello everybody! I have a pretty similar problem. But instead of being unable to install SOME apps, I can't install ANY APP AT ALL :(
When trying to install an app the Market just says somethink like; ''There is not enough space on the unit''.
But I clearly have space for it on the iternal. But I am able to install through APKs. Any suggestions? Also, lucky patcher doesnt do anything when Troubleshoot>Remove fixes and backups.

Some facts:
LG optimus 2x P990
Copy of LG GB 2.3.4 ROM just reinstalled before problem found.
Rooted
Clockwork mod (ofc)
ROM used before and apps could be installed.
Also the Market wont update to Google Play, wich it should.

If I have missed any important facts you guys should know about, just tell me :)

Thanks in advance! :good:

kaurvaki

Mar 5, 2013
Insufficient Storage Available - Lucky Patcher (2.8.7) doesn't work :(

I installed Lucky Patcher 2.8.7 on my rooted Google Nexus 4 to get rid of this problem. I tried the "Troubleshooting > Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available)" but it didn't work for me. I'm still not able to install Facebook and even update some apps like Chrome.

I thought this Lucky Patcher was my last option. Don't know what to do now to get rid of this error.

DarkNiz

Mar 18, 2010
Cape Town
I installed Lucky Patcher 2.8.7 on my rooted Google Nexus 4 to get rid of this problem. I tried the "Troubleshooting > Remove fixes and backups (insufficient storage available)" but it didn't work for me. I'm still not able to install Facebook and even update some apps like Chrome.

I thought this Lucky Patcher was my last option. Don't know what to do now to get rid of this error.

Same here. I've tried everything and nothing works. I eventually had to uninstall a heck of a lot of apps to be able to update and install others.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

swarlesbarkely

Mar 6, 2013
Moorhead, MN
Ola,

I tried this with Lucky Patcher 2.7 (Ibelieve) and it didn't seem to do anything when I hit remove fixes

Beej1970

Mar 29, 2013
Fosston
Moto G Power
Having the same issue on Razr M. Please need help

Hey all! I have read several different threads, including this one, and have tried most of the methods to correct. Unfortunately....nothing works.
Here's my set up:
Razr M, rooted, have Saffestrap3 , Rom=Eclipse V1.2 (kudos to Nitro!).

Is there some other trick I could try? no matter what I do, I keep getting "insufficient storage" error when i try to update or download an APK.

projnet

May 8, 2011
Is there some other trick I could try? no matter what I do, I keep getting "insufficient storage" error when i try to update or download an APK.[/QUOTE]

Same here...nexus 7 stock rooted with 10G free on SD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4thehalibit

Aug 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hey all! I have read several different threads, including this one, and have tried most of the methods to correct. Unfortunately....nothing works.
Here's my set up:
Razr M, rooted, have Saffestrap3 , Rom=Eclipse V1.2 (kudos to Nitro!).

Is there some other trick I could try? no matter what I do, I keep getting "insufficient storage" error when i try to update or download an APK.

Download lucky patcher http://www.apk4.net/applications/tools/lucky-patcher-2-9-5-apk/
It will update then click menu and troubleshoot you will see option to fix insufficient space click thanks if it helps :) if it doesn't please post that to
5ube7ame.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
The lucky patcher twchnique is the best way in my book..that is a great app to have....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda premium

Reactions: 4thehalibit

Aingaran

Mar 8, 2013
Frankfurt
aingaran.dev

andreluigo

Jun 1, 2013
Nothing worked 4 me...

there is another soln for this
just open command prompt and type the following

if the above dosnt works, try

this will resolve this issue

None of this commands worked for me on my Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 with CyanogenMod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)...
Both, i got: "error: device not found"

I've tried everythig: wipe data cache, wipe dalvik cache, delete .odex/.obex (whatever) filex but they don't exist anywhere, uninstall e reinstall apps (but they don't install no more)... I even tried Market Fix but didn't work as well... Tried Lucky Patcher but not even installed...

Started with one app and now already are four...

Please help me find a solution, i don't want reinstall JB and lose my config, data and apps...

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ola,

Ok, found the problem, 100% guaranteed to work. The problem is solved by this, delete the app files which is found here, data/app-asec. Here you will find the file with .asec, delete those files. Bobs your uncle, Fanny's your Aunt.

Also, if they can't be found here, and it's an update issue, check data/app-lib, you'll find 2 folders with the file, -1 and -2, delete both folders. That should take care of it.
    Ok, found the problem, 100% guaranteed to work. The problem is solved by this, delete the app files which is found here, data/app-asec. Here you will find the file with .asec, delete those files, Bobs your uncle. Fanny's your Aunt.

I can confirm this method worked for me! Not sure who Bob is and I'll thank you not to talk about my aunt's fanny.
    Yes
    After wasting a day for solution.
    Exactly the same issue.
    I was wondering why just some apps?
    I find myself as the answer, thanks to your assisstance... :)
    Thanks...
    Solution for "insufficient storage available" error

Hey i have the same problem? Have you found a way to fix it? If so tell me please!

Good news and bad... yes I fixed it, but it involved a full factory reset and wipe. Then reinstalled everything and no problems since. Worth the evening spent doing it though