[Q] Can Motorola have access to all our data ??!!

Search This thread

xenas

Jun 30, 2013
It seems that Motorola can have access to all our data in our Moto G (using stock firmware).

I say this because if you have problems with your Moto G, and contact them giving your Moto G - IMEI, they can tell you a lot of stuff that you have done with your Moto G.
They know all the Apps you have, the crashes those Apps have, the charger input values that you use!!! (yes this is reported by several customers), so they have access to all internal data of your Moto G !!! ???

Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned are all OFF

Can this be fixed using a custom ROM, like CM or other ?

Any ideas or experience about this data colection from Motorola ??? ...

Last edited:

NextGenGTR

Nov 19, 2013
It seems that Motorola can have access to all our data in our Moto G (using stock firmware).

I say this because if you have problems with your Moto G, and contact them giving your Moto G - IMEI, they can tell you a lot of stuff that you have done with your Moto G.
They know all the Apps you have, the crashes those Apps have, the charger input values that you use!!! (yes this is reported by several customers), so they have access to all internal data of your Moto G !!! ???

Can this be fixed using a custom ROM, like CM or other ?

Any ideas or experience about this data colection from Motorola ??? ...
Do you have Moto Care and Help Improve Motorola Products Turned On? If not then i dont know but if yes then that might be how they are gathering all the data.

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)

I have no proper answer to your question.
But it would be really shocking if they are able to see every action you did with your device.
Sure i thought already that some data will be collected. But that much....?

Anyway, i have freezed many systems apps.
You can find here a list about system apps which can be removed/disabled savely.
I have disabled even more then described here.

gnayug

Sep 19, 2012
Taipei
Device Administrators?

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.
But check the Device administrators under Settings->Security.
I have the Android Device Manager and

"Motorola Device Policy"
This application provides the capabilities to manage and secure your device remotely.​

Could be the culprit.

Top Liked Posts