[APP] TimeSyncTZ 0-06 - NTP Time Sychronisation Client (06-JUN-09))

Search This thread

TommyB83

Jan 20, 2008
Cool application, many many thanks!
Works very well on my Windows CE 6.0 device also (except for a small graphics glitch, but anything is readable)

TommyB83

Jan 20, 2008
Here is the screenshot :)
only a few pixels are missing.

In the main window the offset text,
in the configuration the upper controls, and
in the about box the homepage label (not on the screenshot, but the same issue as on the main window)

But again, great work :)

Attachments

• Shot1.jpg
    Shot1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 469

TommyB83

Jan 20, 2008
You should be able to fix this very easily :)
Just place the configuration controls 2 or 3 pixels lower, and also inc the labels size a bit (multiline labels a bit more).
Windows CE based devices may don't have all fonts installed. This problem seems to be related to this issue. If the os is falling back to another font (which may be larger), the controls may be to small.
I have had this problems in my own applications, too :)

But I have another suggestion :)
I believe that some users may can't get your application working. In germany (don't know its the same in other countries) all prepaid cards with internet enabled are limited to use only the ports 53 (dns), 80 (http) and maybe 443 (https). all other traffic is denied, including ntp.
Whats about to place a script on a web server and sync to this time? Because of this, it should work for all users (should only be added as an option, because of the additional delay)

lvmm

Nov 27, 2009
Minor bug: if device time and actual time are in different DST "zones", time is set 1 hour off the actual time - apparently UTC offset is calculated using the current device time as a basis for DST calculation instead of the actual time. When device time is horribly wrong e.g. after batterly replacement one has to sync twice to set a correct time.

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Minor bug: if device time and actual time are in different DST "zones", time is set 1 hour off the actual time - apparently UTC offset is calculated using the current device time as a basis for DST calculation instead of the actual time. When device time is horribly wrong e.g. after batterly replacement one has to sync twice to set a correct time.

Thanks, I'll add it to the list and include it if I ever do an update.

Dave

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
I have a problem with Querying the Time Server.

I can query and synchronize fine when I have WIFI enabled, but when I attempt to do it over HSPA connection it immediately says "NTP Query Failed." almost before it could even ping the servers. Switching servers makes no difference.

I think the program is not recognizing my data connection as an internet connection. Is there any way I can fix this so I can sync without needing WIFI?

Thank you.

I have uploaded my debug log.

Attachments

• TimeSyncTZ.txt
    4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Is it normal for the time delta to fluctuate between -0.5 to 1.2, or thereabouts, when querying the time servers?

Also, I still am able to only sync via WIFI, it fails 100% when using "H" mobile network. I don't believe it is my mobile network blocking the NTP servers because if I theater, I can ping them.

Last edited:

mac_es

May 20, 2008
0C0A Error

Hi,

I'm running this app, it works ok but when I sync, it doesn't work anymore.

When I launch it (after sync) crashes.

I'm running 23152 0C0A whith NetCF 3.5.9198.00

Any help? by the moment, what I have done is a little mscr which deletes the "LastSync" reg entry.

thanks

Attachments

• TimeSyncTZ_Error.log.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 25

bk_man

Feb 3, 2011
Can I run this app on Windows CE 5.0 Core?

Installed an app (on SD card - \SDMMC folder), it said that application requires newer version of .NET Compact Framework. Ok, installed that (version 3.5 from microsoft.com) - same message!

Active Sync show that .NET Compact Framework 3.5 is installed on my device!

PeterParker1

Nov 30, 2020
Hello Dave,
I don't know if you're going to develop this app any further. I would have one more question: I want to address my own time server on the network. I have entered this in the list of time servers. When I do the query, a timeout comes. The same is ptbtime1.ptb.de with the time server. Are only the servers in the list? It works with pool.ntp.org.
greetings Holger