[G1/MT3G Theme] M_Blend [b1]<~¤CM4.2.12.2¤~>1/6/10<~¤

Search This thread

Mikey

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wheaton, Il
Google Pixel Fold
tried flashing new theme after a wipe, and wiping the ext partition. still get FC on browser startup. everything else works fine.

Did you see his response to your last post about the same question??

Quote:
Originally Posted by question.com View Post
browser keeps FC. i wiped, flashed cm mod again, then your theme and it still keeps FC.

Remove dalvik-cache, Flash HTC recovery, flash cm 4.1.999 and then flash theme. Let me know how that goes.

roadrunnerx7

Aug 8, 2009
i liked this but some of the images are VERY choppy. and while it is a good theme, actually great theme!(i love the red black combination, favorite colors:) i still liked dark dream more.

now heres my question:
after i flashed your theme and decided i didnt want it, i reflashed the 4.1.999 rom, then flashed the dark dream theme. everything is fine. no REAL problems, but there is an issue, in that i believe you messed with the google apps(market.apk?) and even though i flashed the rom and theme, my market is still red and black because of your theme. i figured, and cyanogen said, since his roms dont carry copies of the google apps, flashing his rom wont change them back anymore. how do i get my stock app back?

i was thinking maybe flashing the htc recovery, then the rom, then the theme, but does any of that require a wipe? because if it does, ill just stick with the red and black market lol. i hate wipes. and thats even if it works cause this is the first ive heard/seen this problem.

SUGGESTION. if the only way to fix it is to do what i said above(and wipe?) i HIGHLY suggest warning people about what will be nessacery incase they decide not to keep the theme. because like me, some people also hate wiping :p

sacredsoul

Feb 17, 2007
Singapore
i liked this but some of the images are VERY choppy. and while it is a good theme, actually great theme!(i love the red black combination, favorite colors:) i still liked dark dream more.

now heres my question:
after i flashed your theme and decided i didnt want it, i reflashed the 4.1.999 rom, then flashed the dark dream theme. everything is fine. no REAL problems, but there is an issue, in that i believe you messed with the google apps(market.apk?) and even though i flashed the rom and theme, my market is still red and black because of your theme. i figured, and cyanogen said, since his roms dont carry copies of the google apps, flashing his rom wont change them back anymore. how do i get my stock app back?

i was thinking maybe flashing the htc recovery, then the rom, then the theme, but does any of that require a wipe? because if it does, ill just stick with the red and black market lol. i hate wipes. and thats even if it works cause this is the first ive heard/seen this problem.

SUGGESTION. if the only way to fix it is to do what i said above(and wipe?) i HIGHLY suggest warning people about what will be nessacery incase they decide not to keep the theme. because like me, some people also hate wiping :p

I just realized it too! I flash the stock 4.1.999 in preparation for 4.1.9999 and didnt notice the Market was still the red one. How can we get the stock market back?

sir*mez

Nov 7, 2007
NYC
ok, everything seems to be working well now. few things havent been theme (mainly when you click menu in gmail). over all, best theme out at the moment.
Not everything is 100% finished. I guess ill just finish everything b4 I release an update next time. I mean you have a theme right be happy!!

now heres my question:

No wipe needed. Just flash htc recovery and then cm 4.1.999 to get back to normal theme.
I'm not 100% sure but I think I lost my "su" permissions after installing this.
Really.. omg, I still have mine!!
I just realized it too! I flash the stock 4.1.999 in preparation for 4.1.9999 and didnt notice the Market was still the red one. How can we get the stock market back?
Flash htc recovery. Then cm 4.1.999
you cant lose su permissions (which is root) from a theme.
Thank you sir!!
music widget needs a little work. too small for the text.
Yes I just noticed thank you I'm on it.

Last edited:

houseonfire

Aug 28, 2009
you cant lose su permissions (which is root) from a theme.

Well I installed v.999 and tried to "su" in the terminal and it said permission was denied.
I then installed v.999e and my permissions were restored.
It's what happened.

Also, after installing this theme my contacts keep getting deleted when I restart the phone, and my text message received tone keeps being reset to something else.

jonnybueno

Jan 26, 2009
50th
Well I installed v.999 and tried to "su" in the terminal and it said permission was denied.
I then installed v.999e and my permissions were restored.
It's what happened.

Also, after installing this theme my contacts keep getting deleted when I restart the phone, and my text message received tone keeps being reset to something else.

It sounds more like you're having issues with superuser.apk which doesn't do anything but control which apps have su permissions. Easily fixable by pushing a working version via adb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You got questions, statement... I got Answers!!

i tweeted at you but you might have missed it but nothings coming up after i added your server link to cm updater. i scanned the barcode on the 1st page and used that link.

Question, I may have gotten a bad download, when flashing it get

Copying files....
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Deleting files...
    Delting files...

Installation from sd successfull

Bad download?

Its @ 11.3?mb <--- forgot between last time I looked and now >.<
    I had to do that so i can delete certain files to make Google Nav work. Dont panic its OK, LOL.
    It will only show up after you apply the 4.2.5 cyanogen update.
    Thank you!!
    Hey Mez, thanks for another beautiful release - Now waiting on the lockscreen (i know its not you), flashing the F2 sends me into a boot loop...

This may be more of a personal annoyance than anything, but on the lockscreen (stericson or no), when you have an alarm set there is the rust colored alarm icon - just doesnt flow with the rest of the theme, again maybe a personal annoyance... I should get smart so I can fix it myself huh...lol. Thanks.
    Ill check that out. thank you for pointing this out.
    It does the same exact thing if you've run the 1.6 Nav update. I'm thinking it loads the 2.0 build.prop just to get nav working and then deletes it (unconfirmed). But, since Nav works after installing this theme, that'd be my guess.

no it deletes stuff in the dalvik-cache and other places thats the old maps would save stuff on.