[ROMs] [11/04/12] Three Musketeers Present...MIUI 4 V1 Beta \ Sense 4.0 V2 Beta

Search This thread

spydermahn

Dec 11, 2011
This small demo for sense 4 beta 2 for sxl :

this demo still beta it may brick your device :)

tomorrow ill paste the link sory

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL whis BA using XDA

Come again?

Edit- sorry xda app was playing up and didn't load all your post!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL whis BA using XDA

Last edited:

sahce

Feb 13, 2012
Kiev
It's so good to see things in here buzzing again as that put a smile on my face. All major devs forgot our phone but we haven't. We have asked numerous major devs for their input but nothing so we are having to do all we can with whatever time we have. Camera is proving a ***** but no one really has it working properly from what I can see. No word on officially sense 3.6 update and no sources. Once we have sources then we can compile kernel which will make sense 4 fully functional

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I understand you correctly, you want to say that before the release of the official firmware ICS Sense 3.6 you do not update the ROM Sense 4? If so, please feel free to lay out the remaining patch fixes. I really like this ROM and I'm really looking forward to updating it. Thank you for your work, you are our last hope, as do all the big developers have forgotten about us at all, even though the phone with us, along with the flagship. I would myself happy to help you, but I can not do it fully, because I do not have a computer, and I find it difficult to communicate this through the Google translator. Here in Ukraine, too, there are no good developers who would be interested in HTC Sensation XL, and as I said, all hope for you and XDA. Thank you for your understanding.

This treatment not only for Mushkiterov, but for all the developers here on XDA.

Last edited:

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
I understand you correctly, you want to say that before the release of the official firmware ICS Sense 3.6 you do not update the ROM Sense 4? If so, please feel free to lay out the remaining patch fixes. I really like this ROM and I'm really looking forward to updating it. Thank you for your work, you are our last hope, as do all the big developers have forgotten about us at all, even though the phone with us, along with the flagship. I would myself happy to help you, but I can not do it fully, because I do not have a computer, and I find it difficult to communicate this through the Google translator. Here in Ukraine, too, there are no good developers who would be interested in HTC Sensation XL, and as I said, all hope for you and XDA. Thank you for your understanding.

lol...

let me only say(sorry not bad meant..just want it say..anyway..its open source..and anyone can do everything with it)...the base of this rom is mine...so there are more than one dev´s here :)

its soo nice to see such a good development here...good work Musketeers :) ;) :) hope we see more...

also the miui port...never thought that we see a rom like miui on sxl

devs what i can see if i browse...vertigo, shingers, sergio, benjamin, dutch danny, anzih...and many more..also with tools..etc

not to forget also you

edit: only hope that not all leave us for a htc one :) ;)

anyway...it would be easier if we got official ics with source...and of course....from what i read...the musketeers add each success as patch..and if all done a complete rom ;) :) ..so again a thx to them :)

with kind regards

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Alex-V,
You are the man who started this rom :D:D
Thank you :)
Also thanks to the devs who carried it on :):)
I have to agree with Alex, we are working on the current problems, but there is no ETA, but you should know this with anything android as I'm sure Alex will back me up.

If you want to take this rom and make it better, feel free, but always and I mean always give thanks to the people that have worked on the rom before you have taken it. I have nothing but praise for Alex as he bricked his device bringing this to us, now we've been lucky in the updates we have done to it, but I'm sure now Alex has his phone back he will aid in making the rom being even better...

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Alex-V,
You are the man who started this rom :D:D
Thank you :)
Also thanks to the devs who carried it on :):)

I have to agree with Alex, we are working on the current problems, but there is no ETA, but you should know this with anything android as I'm sure Alex will back me up.

If you want to take this rom and make it better, feel free, but always and I mean always give thanks to the people that have worked on the rom before you have taken it. I have nothing but praise for Alex as he bricked his device bringing this to us, now we've been lucky in the updates we have done to it, but I'm sure now Alex has his phone back he will aid in making the rom being even better...

...lol..please not praise to high...its only a port ;) hope i get the phone back on monday..than...again root..etc..

the same or more work is to get rid of not working things...and for that thanks

would be nice to have such a unbrick box...http://www.jtagbox.com/jtag-news/ri...unlock-imei-cid-update-supported-world-first/ ...

anyway..hope we can get it fully working ;)

with kind regards

mustakeel1981

Apr 3, 2012
Amman
hola pola lolly poppa ...

On my side works fine, i'm using it since release without major problems.:) I didnt read about anyone else to have that problem. I hope that you get that problem sorted ;)

me too,

I fix the problem by restarting my device but i figure what causing the problem that time i was sending and receiving MMS then the problem comes up.

other bugs i found :
- compass not working.
- light sensor not function.
- sense 4 crush sometimes when i try to add widget.
- after i turn off the WIFI and then back on i got only one bar of signal.
- battery drain fast.

but in major use the sense 4 ROM is Great xp and thanks for Alex to starting this ROM ( hope you got your phone back fast ;) ) and for our Musketeers to let us have it in our hands.

I am editing a small demo about SENS 4 ROM and ill upload it today.

sahce

Feb 13, 2012
Kiev
lol...

let me only say(sorry not bad meant..just want it say..anyway..its open source..and anyone can do everything with it)...the base of this rom is mine...so there are more than one dev´s here :)

its soo nice to see such a good development here...good work Musketeers :) ;) :) hope we see more...

also the miui port...never thought that we see a rom like miui on sxl

devs what i can see if i browse...vertigo, shingers, sergio, benjamin, dutch danny, anzih...and many more..also with tools..etc

not to forget also you

edit: only hope that not all leave us for a htc one :) ;)

anyway...it would be easier if we got official ics with source...and of course....from what i read...the musketeers add each success as patch..and if all done a complete rom ;) :) ..so again a thx to them :)

with kind regards
Hello! You have not understood correctly! My message was not only to Mushkiterom, and to all here on XDA! I appreciate any and uvayu work here on XDA, who make contributions to our HTC Sensation XL! This is all the language barrier (google translator) :)

I know that you did the port ROM, and if not you, it was not for a long time! Thank you for your work!

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nice video lol. Guys does it really matter whose rom this is or who started the port? Alex started it off and wre did our bit and others are free to do what they want with it. This sense rom is an open community rom and we took it on to give back to the forum. I always told the guys that sense 4 would bring this forum alive and it has. That was our main goal to get people talking and sharing ideas. This isn't meant to be any one dev rom.

Miui however is a personal project of ours. I asked cappy months ago before he left to try and bring it to xl but I didn't happen. Vertigo decided we should take it on and he worked tirelessly on it. We helped where possible and it is here. We are trying to get camera and wifi working on miui as well as work on sense 4. As you can imagine its time consuming. We won't give up. Thanks for all support

shingers5

after 3 days of using SENSE 4 beta 2 i face now huge bug :

the signal is dropping and the data network turn on an off alone and now the phone unable to detect my sim card :confused:

Sorry to hear about your problems mate. Can you advise what modifications you have made if any or what 3rd party apps installed. I do not have this problem and used sense 4 since release with no problems at all

shingers5

+1 for MIUI update :-D i want this rom so badly....but...no pressure ;-)

Wifi and camera are proving a nightmare. As you know miui or cm9 use aosp kernel which wre can't have without sources. We had to port it to work. Drivers needed for camera are not available for xl so we are having to try from different devices. We are having to hex edit **** to manipulate them to work with xl. As you appreciate this is time consuming and heart breaking when it doesn't work. Many many hours are being spent making suggestions and flashing xl. We won't give up

Reactions: .:Petunia:.

.:Petunia:.

Oct 6, 2011
Wifi and camera are proving a nightmare. As you know miui or cm9 use aosp kernel which wre can't have without sources. We had to port it to work. Drivers needed for camera are not available for xl so we are having to try from different devices. We are having to hex edit **** to manipulate them to work with xl. As you appreciate this is time consuming and heart breaking when it doesn't work. Many many hours are being spent making suggestions and flashing xl. We won't give up

Thank you so much for all your effort!!! I/we really appreciate it...it's just soooo close :)

mustakeel1981

Apr 3, 2012
Amman
Sorry to hear about your problems mate. Can you advise what modifications you have made if any or what 3rd party apps installed. I do not have this problem and used sense 4 since release with no problems at all

i happy that you like the video ill try to make another for MIUI when have WIFI and CAMERA function >> CHEERS

Never mind >> i enjoy testing staff :)

this problem happened only once after sending and receiving MMS .. no 3rd party apps used while sending and receiving MMS .

by restarting my device >> BOOM the problem gone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 4?

Go to the new thread here....
    The-Three-MusketeersMIUI.png

Three Musketeers MIUI 4 V1 Beta
    Yes we have long beards, silly hats and occasionally spar (with words).

This is a Beta at the moment, so do not kang us about updates; what's working or not. Look below, if it's not there then try it. Let us know and we will update accordingly.

We have released these in beta form so people can try them and we believe that they are useable now.
    Please Please don't post silly comments saying the things we've already listed don't work, lets try to keep comments productive to help us or help others...

This is a port from the Incredible S version ported over by me :D

What Works:
    Mic
    Sound
    SD Mount (for this to work you need to turn USB debugging off before you connect to PC)
    Data
    SMS
    MMS
    Dialler
    Auto Brightness
    Themes (you may have some problems, but thats a MIUI problem and not the rom)

What Doesn't Work:
    MIUI 4 hasn't got a stable release yet so some of the problems will be MIUI based and not this rom
    WiFi
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    You tell us

Changelog
    Code:
    Three Mustketeer MIUI 4 Beta V1
    #######################################

- Initial Release

Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-52-58.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-10.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-23.png

Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-53-35.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-54-07.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-11-17-59-49.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Download

MIUI 4 Beta V1

Mirror Thanks once again to JoeVoo (remember this guy does this for free so just click on an add or two ;))

How to Install

1. Root your Device and Get Recovery - Use one of these tutorials: Vertigo or Shingers5.
    2. Complete Wipe through CWM or Flash BinDroid Total Wipe.
    3. In CWM, Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik and Battery Stats.
    4. Install .zip file, reboot and hopefully enjoy.

Disclaimer

We are not responsible if this bricks your phone. It worked for us and if you install correctly, it will work as mentioned for you. You do these things at your own risk.

Credits to: Shingers5 - testing, suggestions and feedback | benjamin.j.goodwin - general help and being a god :) | dutchdanny - for advice and for being a god too ;) | proxuser - for advice
    Yeah we are still working on these projects.... don't worry.... ;)

Sent from my One X using xda premium

I have made some progress in porting full sense 4.0 with full 3D weather and widgets ,will show some screenshoots :)
    We've got some Good News for the Sense 4 people... We've managed to get the WiFi working (thanks to some good advice from Memnoc over on the DHD forums)

We're still working on everything else, just thought we'd release this as an update for all you people now ;)
    thx my friend :)

with kind regards

Wow that's not good. I think we may have been a bit hasty getting new device so I am gonna get my xl back so if anything start banging updates out. Sorry about any bad feeling or negative vibes but it shows xl forum isn't dead and we have passionate people in here. I really hope that one x tool sorts s-off for us as well and we should have 4ext recovery too. Now let's put all our differences aside and get things back on track