[Q] Failed to Mount Cache

Search This thread

darthsentinel

May 11, 2012
Providence
I was on Android 4.4.2, and was going to sideload the 4.4.3 update. I went into recovery, moved one step below the sideload update option, and landed on clear cache. My volume up button wouldn't take me back up to the ADB Sideload option, so I figured clearing the cache would bring me back up to the top. The phone was stuck on the "Wiping cache..." loading bar for 20 minutes until I finally force rebooted it. On completing the reboot, my phone wouldn't connect to the cell network, and all of my gapps crashed. I tried going back into recovery, and got errors saying;

E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

I really don't know how to go forward from here, so I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I was on Android 4.4.2, and was going to sideload the 4.4.3 update. I went into recovery, moved one step below the sideload update option, and landed on clear cache. My volume up button wouldn't take me back up to the ADB Sideload option, so I figured clearing the cache would bring me back up to the top. The phone was stuck on the "Wiping cache..." loading bar for 20 minutes until I finally force rebooted it. On completing the reboot, my phone wouldn't connect to the cell network, and all of my gapps crashed. I tried going back into recovery, and got errors saying;

I really don't know how to go forward from here, so I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

If bootloader is unlocked, try flashing the cache file from the ktu84m package.

Reactions: leowaltrick

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
the cache partition got messed up because you didn't let it finish the cache formatting process.

Head over to the stock recovery and keep formatting the cache partition few times.. If it gives the same error, erase it again!

I've faced similar errors and formatting cache a few times solved it!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

haturaya

Dec 27, 2010
Happen to me this morning as well. Just let be until completed. Should take approximately 10-15 minutes. Be patient. :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If bootloader is unlocked, try flashing the cache file from the ktu84m package.