How do you send a contact through SMS?

Search This thread

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
Tried to search for the answers to no avail. In the contacts page, you can beam a contact to another person through irda or through bt. But another way is to send it through SMS like what most mobile phones do. Can someone point me in the right direction?

snorbaard

Apr 20, 2004
Johannesburg
tetragrammaton's right. There is no built-in way to do this.
I think there's a utility that allows you to send vCards floating around on the internet somewhere, though.

Best way is to just go to your contact, select the number, copy, and then paste it into your sms. Most (not-so-smart) phones will recognize the number automatically.

Have anyone noticed that the Windows Mobile Phone Edition just 'swallows' certain types of smses?
Nokia Business Cards and Picture Messages never reach me, and I also never get any indication that the phone ever encoutered them, either. :shock:

snorbaard

Apr 20, 2004
Johannesburg
tetragrammaton's right. There is no built-in way to do this.
I think there's a utility that allows you to send vCards floating around on the internet somewhere, though.

Best way is to just go to your contact, select the number, copy, and then paste it into your sms. Most (not-so-smart) phones will recognize the number automatically.

Have anyone noticed that the Windows Mobile Phone Edition just 'swallows' certain types of smses?
Nokia Business Cards and Picture Messages never reach me, and I also never get any indication that the phone ever encoutered them, either. :shock:

rollyblu

Jan 29, 2004
Makati
photobucket.com
Actually there is an application for sending vcard

pc_capture22.jpg

I'm not sure if i got it from here or from other site. Just search for vCard.PPC2003_ARM

Hope this helps

G

Thanks for all your replies and input guys. I'll try rollyblu's suggestion.

Cyber-mate

Sep 10, 2004
UAE
Vcard zip file

rollyblu said:
Actually there is an application for sending vcard

I'm not sure if i got it from here or from other site. Just search for vCard.PPC2003_ARM

Hope this helps

Here you go...

Attachments

• vcard.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 659

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks. Already downloaded and installed vCard and I confirmed that on wmobile phones, the vcard is dropped, meaning they don't receive it. They probably need to also be configured w/ vCard.

cayotte

Dec 22, 2004
Pekanbaru
I've installed vCard and I have to say that it's a fantastic application. Now I can send vCard from my Xda IIs to any mobile phone supporting it. I've tried sending vCard from mobile phone to my IIs. It works smoothly.

cayotte

Dec 22, 2004
Pekanbaru
So far I've tried it only with Nokia 7710, 6100 and 3120. I can send vCard to those phones, as well as receive vCard from them. For SonyEricsson, I haven't conducted a test yet. But I think it should be the same.

cayotte

Dec 22, 2004
Pekanbaru
Forgot to mention that I can also send vCard using my IIs to my own number (my IIs acts as the sender and recipient at the same time).

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
bravo2zero said:
cayotte said:
I've installed vCard and I have to say that it's a fantastic application. Now I can send vCard from my Xda IIs to any mobile phone supporting it. I've tried sending vCard from mobile phone to my IIs. It works smoothly.

Have you tried doing this w/ nokia or sonyericsson phones? Does it work both ways?

Thanks for the feedback.

cayotte

Dec 22, 2004
Pekanbaru
I tried it on SonyEricsson T610, the result is a bit dissappointing. Sony can received my vCard and display it correctly, but my IIs received vCard as a plain SMS (not in normal vCard format).

Mvmajorem

Jan 18, 2005
Al Ain, U.A.E.
I sent a VCard to a Nokia 6600 and it worked just great. I haven't tried it in request but I am thinking the same will happen as seen on a SE.

bravo2zero

Jan 26, 2005
Cebu City, Philippines
I've confirmed it workes ok with Nokia phones. Too bad about the sonyericsson flaw.

Thanks for all your inputs guys. This thread will certainly be useful for those who want vcard sending through sms.