Rooting.

Search This thread

Mattecko99

Feb 17, 2014
Pullman
plus.google.com
Does rooting and Uninstall in a bunch of apps while also adding greenify actual deplete battery more in any way? I'm wondering about the effects. I had my phone rooted at one point and did the above things and got crap screen on time. It's better now that I completely flashed stock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mattecko99

Feb 17, 2014
Pullman
plus.google.com
Something else I may add is that the Verizon kitkat update could be here at any point. So should I still root? I know I won't be able to take the Ota since I'll be Uninstalling apps. Any ideas?

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
The only reason I could think of that would cause battery drain doing what you're doing is if there is something constantly searching for something you may have deleted. I haven't rooted the G2 because, at least the Verizon version, seems to have issues with anything custom...so I can't speak for sure.

This is the wrong section tho, this should be in Q&A, someone may move it.

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
I haven't had that many issues with cm11 or 10.2 more with cm11 of course they are still nightly builds it will become more stable very soon I hope they can fix the sound on cm but I think the sound issue is with all variants

lilxman

Aug 25, 2011
If your comfortable with modifying your phone then I would root. If issues were to happen there are other roms out there that can help fix certain issues. If kit kat happens to come soon you would have easy access to rooted roms and debloated if that is what gets you goin'