[Q] Isis 3g 4g issue - SOLVED - at least in my case

Search This thread
I'm having issues with Isis. I have an enhanced SIM, I've installed rootcloak with Isis added. But I keep getting the message "Your phone can't connect to the 3G or 4G mobile network right now. Please try again later." I've tested my mobile connection and it works... Any ideas? I've searched this issue and can't seem to find a solution. I'm currently running the leaked 4.4.2 (BeansTown106) version with Isis 2.01.00-build.15.30

Last edited:

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
Isis tells me I don't have an enhanced SIM, even though I was running it fine on 4.3 and I do. I think it's just not compatible yet and they are really slow. I emailed their support a few days ago asking when they would be compatible with KK and got no response whatsoever yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sgtstewie18

Jun 22, 2014
I dont have a enhanced SIM (nor do I know what it does/is) but I have installed the leaked 4.4.2 rom and the nc2 firmware. I lost data connection as well. I have the 3g/4g icon pop up but the arrows are not there and it will not connect to the internet. I have tried using mje. m19, nc4, nc2 modems to no avail. I have also tried using Hyperdrive ROM and the 4g icon wont even show up. It was working fine on my stock rom yesterday before I upgraded to KK.
Anybody with some insight on this topic, help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
PS I searched through several forums and have not found any solid answers.

Last edited:
Isis tells me I don't have an enhanced SIM, even though I was running it fine on 4.3 and I do. I think it's just not compatible yet and they are really slow. I emailed their support a few days ago asking when they would be compatible with KK and got no response whatsoever yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

To the best of my limited knowledge, the enhanced SIM is really just the SIM that comes with the new phones. I had an old SIM that I transferred to my N3 and it didn't have the secure element that is required to run Isis. It's interesting that it works on 4.3 but not 4.4 after my discussion with the Verizon rep the other day (when he almost busted me for being rooted). He asked me what version I was on and I told him 4.4.2 and he seemed to think it should work.

sgtstewie18

Jun 22, 2014
To the best of my limited knowledge, the enhanced SIM is really just the SIM that comes with the new phones. I had an old SIM that I transferred to my N3 and it didn't have the secure element that is required to run Isis. It's interesting that it works on 4.3 but not 4.4 after my discussion with the Verizon rep the other day (when he almost busted me for being rooted). He asked me what version I was on and I told him 4.4.2 and he seemed to think it should work.

Thanks for the explanation.