nCPTS.png
Ze965.png
OxFGs.png
gTKA9.png
OLE7Y.png

Last edited:

szaj

Feb 1, 2011
just wanna know that is ther any other option for hq videos.....
plss help

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

d clock wer did u gt ther

this is my sense modification of elecont eweather alerts quakes

Download link my mod of eweather HD SENSE LIKE Mirror1

Last edited:

edu_stoicescu

Aug 13, 2012
Bucharest
Hi.I have a wildfire s GSM.I want to know:what version is better:alpha 7 by modpunk or alpha8 ?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Best ROM EVER/
camera is working, gps is working, wifi, very fast and really stable !!!!

Alpha7 or alpha 8?:eek:

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

And:
alpha7:GPS is working and camera recorder?
alhpa8:GSP is working and camera recorder?

What version of alpha's(i mean 7 and 8) is better for battery life ?

For both,battery life is ok ?(i mean compared with stock rom 2.3.5 2.26.401.3)

Sorry for this more asked questions,but i need a ROM and i need to know if alpha 7/8 is ok.Now i am reading the pages from this thread,but i don't founded what i searching.

And a link for alpha 8 ? I founded one,but i have to wait 3 hours to download :|

Last edited:

king_lud

Jun 3, 2012
I couldn't get gps working. Will record video but will not play back. Poor video playback on YouTube. No video (sound only) on TV Catchup.

Great Antutu scores for video, but no real video playback. Ironic!

szaj

Feb 1, 2011
Hi.I have a wildfire s GSM.I want to know:what version is better:alpha 7 by modpunk or alpha8 ?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Alpha7 or alpha 8?:eek:

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

And:
alpha7:GPS is working and camera recorder?
alhpa8:GSP is working and camera recorder?

What version of alpha's(i mean 7 and 8) is better for battery life ?

For both,battery life is ok ?(i mean compared with stock rom 2.3.5 2.26.401.3)

Sorry for this more asked questions,but i need a ROM and i need to know if alpha 7/8 is ok.Now i am reading the pages from this thread,but i don't founded what i searching.

And a link for alpha 8 ? I founded one,but i have to wait 3 hours to download :|

alpha 7 or alpha 8 both works just fine (working and camera recorder). GPS tested on both and on both works superb. I dont see any big changes . The same when we talk about battery life, both are ok. Compare to stock rom ? Battery is a little bit weaker.

Download link ROM alpha8 CLICK
Download link Gapps CLICK FOR GAPPS

alpha 7 or 8 ? Both are ok but now i'm on alpha 8 by dudeman.

Last edited:

edu_stoicescu

Aug 13, 2012
Bucharest
alpha 7 or alpha 8 both works just fine (working and camera recorder). GPS tested on both and on both works superb. I dont see any big changes . The same when we talk about battery life, both are ok. Compare to stock rom ? Battery is a little bit weaker.

Download link ROM alpha8 CLICK
Download link Gapps CLICK FOR GAPPS
Mirror2

alpha 7 or 8 ? Both are ok but now i'm on alpha 8 by dudeman.
What is this "eweather HD SENSE" :D?
And,the link is very very slow ... i have to wait about 3 hours to finish the download.

If you know,compared with speeddroid v1.2,what rom is better ?

edu_stoicescu

Aug 13, 2012
Bucharest
that's the problem:eek:n the pc videos are broken ... i only see green lines and black.gps not working for me .. tried to update agps but no succes

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

Versatil2010

Apr 24, 2010
Tampa, FL
Thx for this rom, All though in the description it says not for daily use, everything is working fine even camera havent tried GPS... only problem my wife just encountered was not receiving pics, can anyone share some light on that problem.

HTC Wildfire S (MarvelC)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header_transparent_alpha.png

Preamble

I've been working on a CM9 port for the HTC Wildfire S since January 2012. After 5 month of work this is the first ALPHA release of the ROM. Neither CM9 is stable yet nor the HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) port is complete. Most of the features are working but it still needs bugfixing and polishing. We would like to improve the code and get as much as possible upstream.

I have to thank alquez who ported CM7 for the HTC Wildfire S. His work was a good starting point for CM9. Also thanks to Tobias Droste who was working with me on this ROM. Tobias we finally made it!
    I also have to thank WinSuk and s0be working on CM9 for the Liberty. We worked together with those guys to get CM9 going. We will continue our collaboration in future.

Information

This ROM has been developed on a HTC Wildfire S A510e (European version). I suggest to use baseband version 47.23a.35.3035H_7.53.39.03M or newer. Others should work too.

It should work on marvelc and marvelct, but is completely untested. You need to provide dmesg if something is not working here. It should be possible to get the previous dmesg of a failed boot from your recovery.

This ROM is far from being finished, it can include a lot of bugs and can destroy your data. Use it at your own risk!

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

All bug reports should go to the bugtracker.

If you think you find a bug take a look at the bugtracker first. Check if it already has been reported.

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

The ROM will be gpg signed with my key 0xF33E3FC6. You can verify the ROM with 'gpg --verify marvel-cm-9.0.0-rc0-unofficial_rom-alpha0-signed.zip.asc'.

See https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en for more information.

You can download the ROM here.

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Most annoying bugs

* Camera isn't fully supported yet (#4)
    * HQ videos don't work (#1)
    * Google Voice-search doesn't work (#32) - Workaround: Uninstall with Titatium Backup and install from Play Store

ChangeLog

ALPHA9 - 2012-11-06
    * Kernel:
    - Resurrect /dev/camera for HQ video
    * ROM:
    - Support for HQ videos
    - Update to CM 9.1.0

ALPHA7 - 2012-07-27
    * Kernel:
    - Reduced kernel size a bit.
    - Fixed bluetooth init on marvelc.
    * ROM:
    - marvelc: Fixed building audio and lights module.
    - marvelc: Set voicemail to own number (bug #67)
    - marvelc: Fixed eri.xml

ALPHA6 - 2012-07-17
    * Kernel
    - Fixed bluetooth initialization.
    * ROM
    - Fixed several marvelc issues.

ALPHA5 - 2012-07-04
    * Kernel
    -
    * ROM
    - Fixed building camera hal

ALPHA4 - 2012-07-04
    * Kernel
    - Added smartass2 governor and made it default (if you changed performance settings you need to choose smartass2 now)
    * ROM
    - Added marvelc build
    - Added some UI speed improvements
    - Fixed QR Code scanners

ALPHA3 - 2012-06-21
    * Kernel
    -
    * ROM
    - Added cdma support for marvelc
    - Added support for panorama pictures
    - Added elctronbeam screen on animation
    - Updated libhtc_ril.so
    - Updated wifi firmware
    - Fixed MMS profile
    - Fixed network switching
    - Fixed portable wifi hotspot

ALPHA2 - 2012-06-01
    * Kernel
    - Fixed kgsl memory management (should fix "Force Closed" bugs)
    - Added zRam support
    - Added HTC TP Calibration
    * ROM
    - Fixed graphic lags with adreno200 chips.
    - Added permission for tty access.
    - Added zRam support.
    - UPSTREAM: Added Apollo Music player.
    - UPSTREAM: Improved lockscreen support.

ALPHA1 - 2012-05-12
    * Kernel
    - Added swap support
    - Added KSM support
    - Removed msm camera.
    - Increased adsp memory for camera support
    - Increased kgsl memory
    * ROM
    - Added camcorder support
    - Fixed "Deep Sleep" Mode
    - Fixed boot animation size
    - Fixed memory leaks in camera support
    - Fixed RIL permission issues
    - Fixed power profile
    - UPSTREAM: Added theme support.
    - UPSTREAM: Added lockscreen options.

ALPHA0 - 2012-05-04
    * Kernel
    - First release
    * ROM
    - First release
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How to flash the CWM recovery?
    A: Download the zip file for your phone and rename it to PG76IMG.zip and place it on your SD card. Then turn the phone on and boot into hboot. You can do that if you turn the phone off. Press the volume down button and hold it and then press the power button. The device will go into hboot and hboot will detect the zip file. It will ask you then to flash the recovery.

Q: Which radio version should I use?
    A: I suggest to flash RUU Update Marvel S HTC_Europe_2.26.401.3 if you have S-OFF with XTC Clip

Q: Do I need to install Google Apps (gapps)?
    Yes, you need them. You can get them from here. I suggest to use gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip. People reported that the latest version (April) is a battery drainer.

Q: How can I install more apps on my phone?
    Use A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT

Q: My wifi doesn't work, how can I fix it?
    Android ICS detects your SIM card region (EN, US, AU, UK etc.) and stores it into some sort of Database file, which has all your Carrier info in it. If your SIM card (Carrier) is not correctly listed you can run into wifi problems.

Download the Wifix app or install the Recovery Flashable ZIP from here. There is also a tutorial how to fix it manually.

Q: Which GPS fix should I use for this ROM?
    You shouldn't use any GPS fix at all cause they don't fix anything or have wrong certificates anyway. Read my blog post about the GPS fix myth.

Have fun!
    Expect a new build with working HQ videos soon.

[17:07:35] <@OliverG96> Youtube HD...
    [17:07:38] <@OliverG96> Is working...
    [17:07:40] <@OliverG96> Perfectly
    [17:07:47] <@OliverG96> Completely perfectly
    [17:07:48] <@OliverG96> ...
    [17:07:58] <@OliverG96> Just like on gingerbread

Thanks for testing Oliver ;)
    I've uploaded a GPS fix