Wifi scanning

Search This thread

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Battery life is pretty good for me, but wondering, as wifi is high on the list, if anyone finds decreasing scanning interval to be significantly helpful, I would think it would?

Sent from my XT1058

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
I noticed a slight improvement with WiFi Scanning switched off. I always leave it off now as I don't feel like I need to use it.

Thanks, I don't need it to scan, I only use it at home. I didn't realize there was that option -under "scanning always available" I have it unchecked, I guess that's the same as having scanning off?? :confused:

Thank you

Edit: I'm guessing that doesn't turn off scanning, as when I look at the available networks list, I see it refreshing.
How do you turn off scanning? Is there a setting, or only with editing the build.prop?

Thanks

Last edited:

Groid

May 7, 2010
You might want to uncheck 'Network notification' in the wifi advanced settings. Probably no need to look for open networks constantly when you can look for one when you need one.

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
You might want to uncheck 'Network notification' in the wifi advanced settings. Probably no need to look for open networks constantly when you can look for one when you need one.

I have that unchecked as well, thanks.

Wondering if there is a way to not have it scan at all, or is the only option to decrease the scanning interval by editing the build prop line??

Thanks for any and all help with this :)

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
:confused:
Is my wifi scanning off then if "scanning always available" is unchecked?

I see it refreshing when I look at the list, but I read it could be when you're in wifi settings it scans, even though you've set it off?

If anyone has more familiarity with wifi scanning, disabling it, would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed a slight improvement with WiFi Scanning switched off. I always leave it off now as I don't feel like I need to use it.