two different Xperia sp but same mac-adresse

Search This thread

Cyb3rzombi3

Mar 28, 2014
Sony Xperia SP
ZTE Axon 7
Hi guys,
my gf recently bought a Xperia SP and for an unknown reason my SP and her's have the same mac-adresse and because of that the same ip-adresse when connected to the same wifi :eek:
Both devices have Existenz 4.0 installed and bootloader unlocked (on 3.3 the issue was there too)
So two questions:
- Is it possible that I accidentaly changed the mac-adresse of one device?
- What to do now? Contact Sony or try to change it manually?

I'm really confused :confused:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Hi guys,
my gf recently bought a Xperia SP and for an unknown reason my SP and her's have the same mac-adresse and because of that the same ip-adresse when connected to the same wifi :eek:
Both devices have Existenz 4.0 installed and bootloader unlocked (on 3.3 the issue was there too)
So two questions:
- Is it possible that I accidentaly changed the mac-adresse of one device?
- What to do now? Contact Sony or try to change it manually?

I'm really confused :confused:

You can spoof your mac adress with apps but it would be best to bring both phones back to the store you bought it from and tell them whats wrong

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Cyb3rzombi3

Mar 28, 2014
Sony Xperia SP
ZTE Axon 7
thx for the fast answer :)
I contacted Sony support today but they only told me that this is only possible if I rooted my phone and because of that I get no support :(
So i repaired via Sony PC Companion and now my phone has a different mac-addresse^^
It seems that existenz is changing my mac-adresse :confused:
Guess I should post that in existenz discussion thread.

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
thx for the fast answer :)
I contacted Sony support today but they only told me that this is only possible if I rooted my phone and because of that I get no support :(
So i repaired via Sony PC Companion and now my phone has a different mac-addresse^^
It seems that existenz is changing my mac-adresse :confused:
Guess I should post that in existenz discussion thread.
It's a ROM problem. Use Google or see the existenz discussion thread for solution