ZOPO ZP200 Mobile - Root.

Search This thread

luckebr

Oct 20, 2007
power switch

Evening all,
Bit of an issue here, does anyone know if you can get replacement power switch and ribbon cable for the zopo 200 as i cut through my wife's removing the casing arrrrrggggh!
The phone charges and symbol shows but it will not turn on.
Thanks
Pete

You've solved? I need it too.

Mais183

Jun 28, 2011
ROM upgrades

Dear all,

So is this the end of the OS for the ZP200?

I mean my installed OS is at 4.0.3, but the newer Android phones are at 4.3 I think...(dont know the relevant title)

Are we pretty much just stuck with whoever can be bothered to upgrade the ROM specific to this device. And if thats the case I am presuming that this phone is now becoming old hat, what with all the newer devices appearing constantly, and that new ROMs will be made for the newer devices and not this old dog??

So..........this device is only as good as the last stable OS, and will not advance any further?????

What I am trying to get at is that I believe it is actually possible to install the newest Android OS on an old Samsung S2, however the ZOPO ZP200 is a newer phone but I believe due to its foreign aspects (being Chinese), it is actually quite limited in its ability to be future proof.

Please I hope someone can correct me............if I am correct than these types of phones are limited by the inability to enhance/upgrade the Operating System even though it is Android........a bit of a one trick pony?!

If I am correct it would be like having a PC, that only runs on Windows XP and cannot be upgraded or changed to any other new version of the same OS.....making it limited to old programs and ultimately regardless of the hardware abilities....a short life span of use!?

Am I right or can someone enlighten me to the true OS abilities of these CHEAP Chinese phones please.

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
Dear all,

So is this the end of the OS for the ZP200?

I mean my installed OS is at 4.0.3, but the newer Android phones are at 4.3 I think...(dont know the relevant title)

Are we pretty much just stuck with whoever can be bothered to upgrade the ROM specific to this device. And if thats the case I am presuming that this phone is now becoming old hat, what with all the newer devices appearing constantly, and that new ROMs will be made for the newer devices and not this old dog??

So..........this device is only as good as the last stable OS, and will not advance any further?????

What I am trying to get at is that I believe it is actually possible to install the newest Android OS on an old Samsung S2, however the ZOPO ZP200 is a newer phone but I believe due to its foreign aspects (being Chinese), it is actually quite limited in its ability to be future proof.

Please I hope someone can correct me............if I am correct than these types of phones are limited by the inability to enhance/upgrade the Operating System even though it is Android........a bit of a one trick pony?!

If I am correct it would be like having a PC, that only runs on Windows XP and cannot be upgraded or changed to any other new version of the same OS.....making it limited to old programs and ultimately regardless of the hardware abilities....a short life span of use!?

Am I right or can someone enlighten me to the true OS abilities of these CHEAP Chinese phones please.

Zopo have not published the source of this mobile kernel and therefore there is no chance to compile any newer OS. It is a pity but it is like that. It is a cheap but powerfull device but the arm processor has not source public code. May be you can stress zopo mobile to distribute source code ....

Happy Christmas.

Sent from Folio 100 using tapatalk

Mais183

Jun 28, 2011
nah I will just get a better phone....had this one for 18months didnt cost a lot, so maybe I will just get something similar but newer.

And if you cant bothered to do the leg work, why do you think I would be that bothered to contact ZOPO lol...they just limit their business not my problem :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have done a summary of this post in the post #1.
    I hope to have included everything.

miazza
    Attached you can find all you need:
    - a detailed guide
    - the update file

Ciao

miazza
    Hello guys.
    This discussion is out of topic and I kindly ask you to stop it here otherwise I'll ask an admin to lock the topic.
    If someone does not like this phone it is just an opinion.
    Personally I love it, I use for business and my wife and my daughter have the same and we are all happy. A happy family :D.

If you like something more "reliable" stable and supported , of course you have not done a good choice.
    This is a dual SIm device and, as almost all dual SIM andoid, it is at the beginning of the development and some bugs are there.

I had a Galaxy SII and I can tell you that is was locking and crashing dayly but I'm not saying that it was a bad mobile, simply I was not happy with it.

We are a community here on XDA, most of us are developers and I can say that "likes" bugs to be corrected.
    I'm always working to something better and different from what I have because this is also a hobby.

I understand your frustration but leave this topic for who likes this mobile and continuously works to have it better working.

Thanks for understanding.

miazza
    Flashed the zen ics,
    Scdard became sdcard2
    Sdcard2 became sdcard
    Dont like that

What i liked was the new maps,
    Im back to ics 20-7

Hi martijn,

Perhaps this helps to you, for to revert the current External SD mount (sdcard) from my "ZEN", to sdcard2
    LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?39xs2ad95sg6hzy

Also, you have now the new ZEN-Mod_ZP200_ICS120726_Minimal.zip, the same that "Clean" but without the most of added app's. LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r8yrzdd33ouyu21
    SOURCES & DESCRIPTIONS:
    http://www.zopo.es/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16
    http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/9693-Zopo-%28zhuopu%29-zp200-reviews-externas?p=96383&viewfull=1#post96383

Best regards!

Zen
    Which one from 7z battery patch is for ZP200?
    file.php

Choose the one you like, get the zip file, save it in sc card, enter recoveri installing from zip...:good:

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------