hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Slashgear: HTC One Review [2013]
It doesn’t take genius to realize that the One is HTC’s best phone in a long time. The build quality and crisp, minimalistic design is a step above any other Android phone, and comfortably sits alongside the iPhone 5 for premium feel in the hand. The display is beautiful, the UltraPixel camera technology and Zoe system both ambitious but capable of hugely engaging results, and the performance superlative. Meanwhile, HTC Sense has finally rediscovered its roots, and evolved with BlinkFeed into a legitimately useful and compelling interface – one which didn’t instantly leave us pining for unmodified Android.

Nor is the One perfect, however. The battery life is merely average, and while the UltraPixel system pays dividends in low-light performance, it’s not the solution to every photographic need that HTC might have billed it as. HTC may not be the first to eschew removable storage and a replaceable battery, but we still don’t like it when they’re omitted.

Nonetheless, there’s a sense that HTC’s challenge isn’t in the device – after all, it had good phones in 2012 – but in the market. Samsung’s risen star in the Android ecosystem has left little room for rivals, and HTC simply lacks the marketing heft to build the same brand-recognition that “Galaxy” has achieved. That’s notwithstanding the fact that HTC’s phone looks better, is built better, takes generally better photos, and has arguably better software than the Galaxy S III; we’ll have to wait and see how it holds up to the new Galaxy, but Samsung will need to pull out all the stops if it hopes to even get close to rivalling the One for its perfect quality feel.

Just as it took becoming the underdog to force Nokia to adopt an innovative “challenger” attitude, so its taken a rough year to provoke HTC into raising its game. The end result is a phone that’s beautiful, solid, and cleverly, thoughtfully equipped – one which makes bold challenges to our expectations of hardware specifications and software. Now, HTC has to find a way to educate consumers as to why they should care about it.

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
AW: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

When do you guys expect s off to be achieved? :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

skivnit

May 21, 2012
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

You want best performance? go and get a xbox360 or a PS3

Lol... Seriously?

If it wasn't for the power then why buy the HTC one. What you gonna do with the 2gb ram, powerful processor etc etc? Stick to a Nokia 3310. It's only convenient when it suits you. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm not a Samsung fan I had iphones before and Nokia.

To each it's preferences

Swyped from another galaxy

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
nice photos from the slashgear review

IMAG0013-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0014_BURST002-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0023_ZOE010-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0009-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0017-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0005-htc-one-review.jpg

IMAG0002_BURST002-htc-one-review.jpg

Shasarak

Aug 7, 2009
London
Yet more criticism of the battery life. I think some people owe the Verge reviewer an apology! Almost every full review I've seen so far has rated it as average at best.

Another annoying little snippet in the Slashgear review:
Given the quality of the HTC One’s music playback performance, we had high hopes for in-call audio. Interestingly, though, the phone was pretty average: the earpiece has a somewhat hollow sound to it, with callers certainly audible but not quite as clear as on some other devices.
That bugs me. How can they put that much effort into the phone's speakers and end up with mediocre call quality? :( (Being partially deaf, having loud, clear audio in the earpiece really matters to me).

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

You buy a phone to show off? Buy a vertu then. If you want a top of the range specs then it wouldn't matter if it's plastic glass or paper.

Swyped from another galaxy
Don't make me laugh, what spec?
you want spec check my PC on my signature.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012

beno619

Apr 22, 2011
Dublin

Yet more criticism of the battery life. I think some people owe the Verge reviewer an apology! Almost every full review I've seen so far has rated it as average at best.

Another annoying little snippet in the Slashgear review:

That bugs me. How can they put that much effort into the phone's speakers and end up with mediocre call quality? :( (Being partially deaf, having loud, clear audio in the earpiece really matters to me).

Dude you have been harping on every bit of negative news.

Most review say battery is good to average and anybody who said it bad has used questionable methods to review it.

I've read 2 review today from Phonescoop and Techradar I think that says audio is above all other flagship smartphones.

Can you please stop your vendetta against this device?

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jeffsanace

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Don't make me laugh, what spec?
you want spec check my PC on my signature.

now take it easy there

i wanted a T4 or T4i in my HTC One as well

s600 barely makes it in my opinion (in terms of GPU)

mobile gaming is big so i don't agree with you guys ignoring blindly

look at Tegra 3, more and more games are taking advantage of it and lately its been awe inspiring, Bladeslinger, Real Boxing and AVP, many are running in better visual quality on T3 and SGS3 than the s600

with 1080p display you will need every bit of GPU power you can have

but i don't think the Exynos octa with 4+4 cores + 3 core gpu is the ideal solution either, thermals are definite worry

the news is that for the american version had heat trouble with the processor + LTE modems, this is why the snapdragon 600 was used

anyway i look forward SGS4 analysis by Anandtech

in the USA however the One will be a clear winner since both will use the same prcoessor

Last edited:
Reactions: BartuG and MrKaon

MrKaon

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester

Hamdir, wondering if you like mobile gaming so much why not getting your self a PS Vita?
I tried to convince my self to play FPS on my gf One X, but man didn't enjoyed it at all on such small screen with horrible controls :rolleyes:
yes you can play it with game pad but then again that is not for me, I love keyboard and mouse :)

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hamdir, wondering if you like mobile gaming so much why not getting your self a PS Vita?
I tried to convince my self to play FPS on my gf One X, but man didn't enjoyed it at all on such small screen with horrible controls :rolleyes:
yes you can play it with game pad but then again that is not for me, I love keyboard and mouse :)

I enjoy gaming on mobile devices, in fact i enjoy their controls, just like hordes of other Android and iPhone owners! sue me man!!!!

gaming on ur smartphone is not like carrying a silly gaming device around with u all the time, in fact i wouldn't even consider Nvidia's Project Shield

If you dont like to game on your smartphone does this allow you to dismiss smartphone gamers? why else are billion dollars worth games are being developed non stop?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKaon

bananelol

Mar 19, 2010
Munich

Didnt check if allready mentioned

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363201146809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363201146809.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 808
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts