[rom][t217s][stock][nb8][mh9]

Search This thread

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
I'm so sorry guys. I've been so busy working crazy hours and with a 3month baby and another one of 2yrs old it drains me lol. My rom is halfway there but haven't been able to get to a complete modification yet or even test it out. Sorryyy again for the long wait.

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
i just flashes mh9 and wifi still dosent work!

You flashed the MH9 factory firmware and still wifi doesn't work? Can you confirm you have the T217S Tab? Try to do a complete clean wipe then put it in Download mode and try to flash again. I was having the same problem but it got fixed when reinstalled NB8

Last edited:

CaLLm3LAzY-

Oct 16, 2012
Palmdale
You flashed the MH9 factory firmware and still wifi doesn't work? Can you confirm you have the T217S Tab? Try to do a complete clean wipe then put it in Download mode and try to flash again. I was having the same problem but it got fixed when reinstalled NB8

Yeah I flashed NB8 and it got fixed! Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: tones160

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
So are the steps to do this using Odin pretty much the same as how I installed custom recovery/rooted my device?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

ewkabel

Dec 13, 2013
Maricopa, AZ
Will flashing this trip knox and void the warranty?

I just got this tablet a couple of days ago and I am having a lot of problems with it. None of the sprint apps are installed, and the "preparing network" thing just sits at the top of the screen and will not go away. I want to go and get it replaced, but it is hard to find a sprint store where I can park a 75 foot long truck. So I thought that the issues might be due to the firmware having errors or maybe a bad flash at the factory. I also am unable to update the PRL or the profile. I have been searching for answers to this problem for 2 days now.

Somebody please help!

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
I get same wifi not working problem when installing nb8. I noticed the software version changes to nb8 but baseband stays mh9. Which probably explains why wifi doesn't turn on. I tried a few wipes and reflashes and always same thing. Went back to stock rooted and WiFi works.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
Any ideas on getting it back to nb8? I have tried Odin but still same thing stuck on sprint screen.

Well for some reason when putting this stock NB8 firmware through Odin...the screen will get stuck on Sprint screen for a veryy veryyy long time...it's not broken but one time it took me about 10mins for it to load. Just wait it out and it will boot. The first time boot for this firmware takes forever.

So are the steps to do this using Odin pretty much the same as how I installed custom recovery/rooted my device?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Pretty much...put you device on Download mode (Vol Down + Home button + power) and uploading the file through Odin. Process takes about 10 minutes to flash...give or take.

I just got this tablet a couple of days ago and I am having a lot of problems with it. None of the sprint apps are installed, and the "preparing network" thing just sits at the top of the screen and will not go away. I want to go and get it replaced, but it is hard to find a sprint store where I can park a 75 foot long truck. So I thought that the issues might be due to the firmware having errors or maybe a bad flash at the factory. I also am unable to update the PRL or the profile. I have been searching for answers to this problem for 2 days now.

Somebody please help!

I'd suggest flashing this firmware since it's the most current one. Are you looking to root or remain stock?

I get same wifi not working problem when installing nb8. I noticed the software version changes to nb8 but baseband stays mh9. Which probably explains why wifi doesn't turn on. I tried a few wipes and reflashes and always same thing. Went back to stock rooted and WiFi works.

Yup!! that's how i got the wifi working again....:good:

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
Ok, if anyone has wifi probs, make sure you're using Odin 3.09. I used 3.07 a couple times and it doesn't update the baseband, just the software version and if the two aren't the same you get problems.

pmacevad

mh9 link is dead. is there another somewhere.

Mh9 link in op working now. Noob question, new to samsung and just got this tab the other day, is this an unrooted stock rom? I've read this changes baseband, I have the nb8 baseband (I believe). Basically I am looking to root, install custom recovery and install a 4.2.2 rooted stock rom, as I'm currently running 4.2.2 from factory I don't really want much else at this point until I lam and read more on this device. Tia for the help and explanation.

Sent from the Galaxy Tab 3.

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
Mh9 link in op working now. Noob question, new to samsung and just got this tab the other day, is this an unrooted stock rom? I've read this changes baseband, I have the nb8 baseband (I believe). Basically I am looking to root, install custom recovery and install a 4.2.2 rooted stock rom, as I'm currently running 4.2.2 from factory I don't really want much else at this point until I lam and read more on this device. Tia for the help and explanation.

Sent from the Galaxy Tab 3.

sorry bud but it is an unrooted one. If you flash Remedy ROM that will get you root. However for some reason it breaks GPS and sometimes wifi if i stand corrected. We have some devs working on those issues as we speak. :(

Reactions: pmacevad

graphdarnell

Jan 25, 2012
sorry bud but it is an unrooted one. If you flash Remedy ROM that will get you root. However for some reason it breaks GPS and sometimes wifi if i stand corrected. We have some devs working on those issues as we speak. :(

So I take it that once once on B8, there's no way to downgrade because the BL is upgraded and won't revert back. I flashed the older stock rom, and even Carbon Rom which broke wifi, with a "security pit warning: kernel." Guess there's a way to erase it.

I flashed back to B8 but something kernel-wise stuck and prevented wifi from coming on. I installed TWRP, formatted data and everything else a couple of times, then ODIN flashed B8 again. It worked. Assume there's no custom rom compatible with B8 that I can mess around with at present. Stock is boring and so Samsungish with tons of bloatware.

Anyone who gets stuck at the Sprint screen or the "preparing for first use" with the spinning circle, just rewipe and reflash (a few times if necessary). First notice of it working would be when it chimes at the Sprint screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmacevad

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
So I take it that once once on B8, there's no way to downgrade because the BL is upgraded and won't revert back. I flashed the older stock rom, and even Carbon Rom which broke wifi, with a "security pit warning: kernel." Guess there's a way to erase it.

I flashed back to B8 but something kernel-wise stuck and prevented wifi from coming on. I installed TWRP, formatted data and everything else a couple of times, then ODIN flashed B8 again. It worked. Assume there's no custom rom compatible with B8 that I can mess around with at present. Stock is boring and so Samsungish with tons of bloatware.

Anyone who gets stuck at the Sprint screen or the "preparing for first use" with the spinning circle, just rewipe and reflash (a few times if necessary). First notice of it working would be when it chimes at the Sprint screen.

Well you're half right. However the Carbon ROM works just fine for mine and i went through the same thing your tab went through. The only problem with all of these ROMS for some reason breaks my GPS. ROMs like Mijjaj's that one broke my wifi and there's no way to fix it unless you flash B8 through odin brand sparkling new. Also what sucks is when you upgrade to B8 from MH9 it does update your bootloader as well as you mentioned. Stupid Sprint rep upgraded my tab without my consent -.- Could've taken it back and gotten a new one with MH9 still on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Please find the 2 latest firmware for the galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217S for Sprint.

Flash through Odin 3.09 ONLY. It ill stay on boot for atleast 5 to 10mins [Be Patient]

Not responsible if you brick your phone because you don't know what you were doing.

Not taking credit for this since it's pretty easy to do and I did not see a thread related to this :cool:

If you happen to mess up your wifi capability, this firmware will also fix it so you won't have to take it back to your nearby store <-- I am a living proof :)

Firmware: NB8

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579787

Older Firmware: MH9

http://terafile.co/5769d2933392

NOTE: Links were taken from very secure websites as I did not feel like paying for unlimited traffic :). I got both of my firmwares from the links above.
    I thought i would see more customized Roms for the T217S but i guess i'm gonna have to start making one lol. Mijjaj retired and i got like no time! Stay tune folks gimme about a week. Got a very very busy life so no guarantees!
    I'm so sorry guys. I've been so busy working crazy hours and with a 3month baby and another one of 2yrs old it drains me lol. My rom is halfway there but haven't been able to get to a complete modification yet or even test it out. Sorryyy again for the long wait.
    Thanks for the reply, it looks like it was actually my computer. I had to flash it through Heimdall instead of Odin through a VM. So I'm good to go, thanks for the link!
    Can anyone share the NB8 firmware for the sprint t217s? Download is very slow on Samsung firmwares site
    Look here.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=11757

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk