[FIX] Cyanogen Signal Fix With Instructions

Do you notice an improvement with this fix?

• Yes

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Who cares about this?

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Sep 23, 2010
Hot Springs Village
I get an error stating, "the theme you've selected is invalid because the control file could be missing or is not correctly written, contact theme developer". I am running CM6.1 Nightly 155 with uncapped kernel and nothing else. Can any of these be interfering? I would really love to have an accurate signal reading, but I can live without it if there is not a fix for this just yet.

Edit: Don't worry about helping me just yet, I'm going to do some troubleshooting on my own later when I get home to see if I can fix this on my own, I will post an update. The reason I think it's not working is because im using metamorph to extract the zip, I'll extract it myself then put it in my AndroidThemes directory and try it from there.

Edit 2: Okay, so I apologise for wasting time by posting all that, I installed the zip manager from the market, extracted the files to the specific folder which was painless, ran MetaMorph and now my phone is rebooting.

Last edited:

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
I get an error stating, "the theme you've selected is invalid because the control file could be missing or is not correctly written, contact theme developer". I am running CM6.1 Nightly 155 with uncapped kernel and nothing else. Can any of these be interfering? I would really love to have an accurate signal reading, but I can live without it if there is not a fix for this just yet.

Edit: Don't worry about helping me just yet, I'm going to do some troubleshooting on my own later when I get home to see if I can fix this on my own, I will post an update. The reason I think it's not working is because im using metamorph to extract the zip, I'll extract it myself then put it in my AndroidThemes directory and try it from there.

Yeah, that's why :) See the OP for detailed instructions, just follow and you should be fine :D

mesheeka

Oct 14, 2010
i just tried this and it threw me into boot loops. i havent read anything on this thread about firerat mod, so im guessing that might be the problem. i did flash fr-boot to see if that would fix the loops, didn help. im back to a safe nandroid. this is a list of my mods: cm6.1, brainfukt#14, firerat mod, collins batt tweak, last weak i got the newest sprint radio and prl. are the visual bars fixed in cm6.1? i have never seen more than 3 bars anywhere around town, and even three is rare.

theimpaler747

i just tried this and it threw me into boot loops. i havent read anything on this thread about firerat mod, so im guessing that might be the problem. i did flash fr-boot to see if that would fix the loops, didn help. im back to a safe nandroid. this is a list of my mods: cm6.1, brainfukt#14, firerat mod, collins batt tweak, last weak i got the newest sprint radio and prl. are the visual bars fixed in cm6.1? i have never seen more than 3 bars anywhere around town, and even three is rare.

They're not fixed, and yeah firerat's is probably the issue

Sep 23, 2010
Hot Springs Village
I was thrown into a bootloop as well, when viewing the description about metamorph it said i needed to install dropbox. Me being the noob I am did not know what dropbox even was so i downloaded it, did not install anything but it did run and I did grant it superuser permissions. I used a zip extracting program (forgot the name) to unzip the files into the proper directory, ran metamorph and it rebooted the phone. I got stuck in a bootloop for about 20 minutes and then decided to remove the battery. The second boot was no problems, I had to work today and noticed bars read much much better. At work I normally have 1-2 bars, but today I had 3, all day. At my primary house I have no bars or 1. Well now i'm either at 0-2 bars, which is correct is some areas. Overall this fix was definitely worth the little problems I encountered, I am satisfied knowing my phone has an accurate reading, thank you very much for this fix.

theimpaler747

I was thrown into a bootloop as well, when viewing the description about metamorph it said i needed to install dropbox. Me being the noob I am did not know what dropbox even was so i downloaded it, did not install anything but it did run and I did grant it superuser permissions. I used a zip extracting program (forgot the name) to unzip the files into the proper directory, ran metamorph and it rebooted the phone. I got stuck in a bootloop for about 20 minutes and then decided to remove the battery. The second boot was no problems, I had to work today and noticed bars read much much better. At work I normally have 1-2 bars, but today I had 3, all day. At my primary house I have no bars or 1. Well now i'm either at 0-2 bars, which is correct is some areas. Overall this fix was definitely worth the little problems I encountered, I am satisfied knowing my phone has an accurate reading, thank you very much for this fix.

No problem, happy to help :)

Sent from my hero running froyo... take that Sprint!

bbhero

Jan 7, 2011
Yay! My hero shows full signal again!

Thank you for the fix! I installed it without any problems and saw 4 full bars for the first time with CM6 on my Alltel hero :D my other phone (with the BeFroyo theme) shows 4 full bars most of the time at home and anywhere between 0 and 4 at work.

Last edited:

theimpaler747

Thank you for the fix! I installed it without any problems and saw 4 full bars for the first time with CM6 on my Alltel hero :D my other phone (with the BeFroyo theme) shows 4 full bars most of the time at home and anywhere between 0 and 4 at work.

no problem happy to help :)

Sent from a truly Epic phone!

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
Is this fix even needed anymore? I only ask because with both cm6 and AOSPmod I get 4 bars when I should without the mod.

Sent from my HTC

RexSS345

Mar 8, 2009
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but any idea why Metamorph just hangs at "Please wait; Applying framework-res.apk theme 1 of 1"? I've let it sit for 5 minutes and nothing happens. Reboot does nothing. It worked when I was on CM 6.1 rc1 but I just flashed the final stable release and no dice.

theimpaler747

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but any idea why Metamorph just hangs at "Please wait; Applying framework-res.apk theme 1 of 1"? I've let it sit for 5 minutes and nothing happens. Reboot does nothing. It worked when I was on CM 6.1 rc1 but I just flashed the final stable release and no dice.

Does that sometimes, although it usually woks after a battery pull

Sent from a truly Epic phone!