GPS Dongle Discussion Here!!!

Search This thread

evilcuber

Aug 3, 2010
Toronto
Do u have to update firmware when u attach dongle? Because I'm using a custom rom

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

brabusamg55

May 24, 2010
Los Angeles
this is still a pretty poor solution.... non of the case will fit with the dongle installed. which means we'll have to remove the pad from case every time we need to use GPS. that's pretty painful....:mad:

BUYMECAR

Dec 27, 2011
Received and saw satellites for first time ever. 11/14 with 16ft accuracy. Sounds pretty good to me.

FrBart

Jan 25, 2012
Tucson, AZ
dongle screenshots

Got mine today also. Performs great. Here is a series of photos and screen shots:
1st - Picture of the dongle itself in the package
2nd Screenshot of Prime GPS Test without the dongle
3rd - Screenshot of Prime GPS Test with the dongle
4th - Screenshot from my HTC EVO 4g GPS Test in the same position at the same time

Test was done inside a solid building about 10 feet from the nearest window.
So far, so good. Will test it in the car later.

Attachments

• IMG_20120420_134933.jpg
    IMG_20120420_134933.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_2012-04-20-14-21-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-20-14-21-14.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_2012-04-20-14-03-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-20-14-03-19.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 289
  • screenshot-1334955803460.jpg
    screenshot-1334955803460.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: Techienana

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
maybe so... nevertheless I ordered mine nearly 2 weeks before her and hers is here already.

others also report with champagne not seeing it shipped yet.

originalnabisco

Jan 7, 2012
Honolulu
Can anyone tell me roughly the size of the shipping box the GPS dongle came in? I have quite a small mailbox and if it can't fit Fedex brings it back to their warehouse (which is miles away).
Thank you

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
I was unable to register it on Asus' VIP site. The form griped that my serial number was wrong. Anybody able to successfully register theirs?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Got mine today. Guess I'm gonna be looking back to roms based on .21......(Virtuous....any other good .21 ones?)

Not to complain.....but I love how ASUS just sent me a free gps dongle to effectively make my $150 keyboard FROM THEM worthless........lol, priceless

Good thing I don't really care about GPS on this thing, haha

SoTacMatt

Jan 7, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Got mine today. Guess I'm gonna be looking back to roms based on .21......(Virtuous....any other good .21 ones?)

Not to complain.....but I love how ASUS just sent me a free gps dongle to effectively make my $150 keyboard FROM THEM worthless........lol, priceless

Good thing I don't really care about GPS on this thing, haha

Exactly!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

e.mote

Feb 16, 2011
Can you please make the picture a little larger.. I can't quite make out the markings on the tape measure..

Last edited:
Reactions: Bait-Fish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This forum is way to over moderated. I am posting this here as requested in my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622447&page=2
    Polite question to Swiftks
    GPS dongle is a very big subject with loads of side subject like mine about the dongle not fitting. does it really make sense to put everything related to the GPS dongle in one thread? How is that easier for users to find relevant information without sieving through hundreds of posts in a very broad subject/thread like the GPS dongle.

Pretty simple... go to the one gps dongle thread, and use the search button.

Hey don't blame me... I received multiple reports today from your fellow XDA members complaining about the number of GPS dongle threads in this section, and requesting a Mod combine some of the threads.... guess you can't make everyone happy.
    <Mod Edit>
    Not trying to steal the OP's glory, just wanted to consolidate all the miscellaneous GPS Dongle threads into one place; as the amount of threads on the same subject was getting out of control.

PLEASE POST ALL GPS DONGLE DISCUSSION HERE.

Thanks,

SwiftKS
    (Forum Moderator)
    </Mod Edit>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just delivered, put it on and it works great! Worked much better after a reboot.

Inside the house, solid brick house, got 12 in view 8 in use, 20 ft accuracy.

Good job Asus! Thanks!!!!

(I was one of the guys who registered during that tiny window that registration was open)
    I have Champagne ... WTF
    +1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...
    i have a champagne as well. [snip] maybe they dont have the champagne one yet?
    So no Champagne yet... damn... I'm leaving the US next week...!

This post says they have received a Champagne version.
    Anyone with a champagne colored prime receive one yet?
    got mine 2days ago

On a separate note, my TP stopped recognizing the GPS adapter and I had to reboot to get it to show again. It had been attached and removed a few times. Is there a safe disconnect procedure? Maybe I should not connect or disconnect it while the TP display is still on.

Edit: Added reference quote

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    shipping

its a random generated number. I saw your other post. although its a pain, just call fed ex tomorrow to see the status of it. although you said they can't give you the tracking number, if its already shipped, they should be able to tell you over the phone where its at in route at least. when I had called them last week, I basically was patched straight through. no wait at all really.

Actually on my shipping label it says
    Ref: TF201DONGLE - "INSERT MY SERIAL NUMBER" - GRAY
    I ordered 4.6.12 & mine just shows "submitted".... I have Champagne ... WTF

+1 me too, mine is champagne, i think the champagne color will be ship until next week, this week only gray...