[OTA] MA7 update.zip Download

Search This thread

tegezee

Feb 27, 2012
Lansing, MI
I'm on ma5 right now, if I flash back to ljc ill get the hfa/chameleon error. So do I flash the ljc fix (twrp), after that unroot, flash stock recovery, then flash this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 Flashed To Boost Mobile using xda premium

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
I'm on ma5 right now, if I flash back to ljc ill get the hfa/chameleon error. So do I flash the ljc fix (twrp), after that unroot, flash stock recovery, then flash this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 Flashed To Boost Mobile using xda premium

Because you are on ma5 you also need to revert bootloaders. Billard412's zip is stilk the easiest way back to LJC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cyberthug101

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
I'm confused. What exactly is in this update? I thought the vulnerability didn't affect the Sprint variant. Whee I run that checker I got no threat detected.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
This update is crap! Ever since I took the ota my phone went through a bootloop and when it finally loaded up handsfree activation popped up and failed. Keep getting internal error code 1500. This is on every boot. I had to manually reprogram my mdn and msid to get calls. My data however is screwed. Sometimes it randomly works but if I restart its broken again. And my LJC.tar no longer works I can't revert back! My serial # is also all 0's :mad:

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I'm confused. What exactly is in this update? I thought the vulnerability didn't affect the Sprint variant. Whee I run that checker I got no threat detected.

This update is the official Sprint OTA. The major fix is the Exynos exploit has been patched. If you're already on MA5 you are running an unofficial build that had it patched. Everything before that was not.

budde2

May 15, 2012
Tampa
Hey everyone I accidentally deleted sprint connection optimizer can someone please share the apk with me thank you

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
I have a question, hopefully simple:

If I update via this method, will I essentially end up with the same "rom" as if I'd flashed the all-in-one firmware and an ODEX Rom?

Yes except 2 things.
You'll have a stock recovery and no root.
It's easy to reroot though. The new bootloader is still unlocked so you can still use cf auto root to reroot or use odin to flash a recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Reactions: rwilco12

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
As garwynn has stated, the best fix is Billard412s LJC resore.zip through recovery mode. It worked for me.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

That did the trick! I was finally able to get the hands free activation to go thru. I'm still having 3G issues though when connecting to EHRPD. When I set it to CDMA EVDO connects just fine. I'm also getting a lot of failures when updating profile thru EHRPD but not with EVDO. Don't know if somethings broken or sprint is working on towers.

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri
That did the trick! I was finally able to get the hands free activation to go thru. I'm still having 3G issues though when connecting to EHRPD. When I set it to CDMA EVDO connects just fine. I'm also getting a lot of failures when updating profile thru EHRPD but not with EVDO. Don't know if somethings broken or sprint is working on towers.

Hopefully Sprint's working on the towers, I haven't had any of those issues since flashing the restore zip. I just thought of something..... Did you wipe cache and dalvic cache after flashing the restore? Because if you do it won't finish flashing all the files needed. You could try a re flash, and once it flashes, just reboot without doing anything else.

Last edited:

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Hopefully Sprint's working on the towers, I haven't had any of those issues since flashing the restore zip. I just thought of something..... Did you wipe cache and dalvic cache after flashing the restore? Because if you do it won't finish flashing all the files needed. You could try a re flash, and once it flashes, just reboot without doing anything else.

No I didn't wipe. I followed the instructions and only wiped data factory reset. But I do think Sprint is doing some work. They just started Northern Connecticut about a month ago and they already lit 4G on the highway around Meriden CT. I think it's my phone tho. I have to keep switching airplane mode or mobile data on and off till I see both 3G up and down arrows blinking. Otherwise it gets frozen with just the up green arrow constantly blinking. I would revert to cdma but I dont wanna miss lte lighting up in my area :p

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
Hi all:

Hi there I updated to MA7 then rooted the phone. I have Sprint Note 2. Can I still install new update through TWRP if samsung issues out another update in the future? If not, is there possibility to unroot and return to MA7 as stock? I watched the how to unroot but it requires LJC firmware.
By the way, anyone here knows how to backup the internal storage so that I won loose my setting?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: riggsboxer

ezfilez

Apr 15, 2010
OK. looking good. I am back into TWRP recovery mode now. The question is now how do i make TWRP to see the Billard412 ljc restore zip. Do i put it directly into the sd root or I have to create a folder with a specific name for it to see?

This worked for me as well i was stuck on the firmware upgrade error on boot and only was able to get in download mode.

How this Happened - I tried down grading my MA7 to LJC
I flashed this file from the note2 toolkit - recovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-SPHL900 using oden 3.07
booted up fine ...

Thanks

Tw1sted247

Nov 10, 2012
NorthWest
Now whats the difference between the "All-in-one Ma7.zip" which is 19.4mb and the LJC-Ma7.zip which is like 224mb(the one posted here in the O/P)?

Tw1sted247

Nov 10, 2012
NorthWest
First is kernel and modem, update does everything inc. Rom.

does the first change the firmware or baseband? Basically my question is does the smaller package do the same as if I was on a stock phone and downloaded/installed the OTA?

If I'm moving anything to Ma7 I want to do it 100% as if I was unrooted and was on LJC and received the notification for the OTA. But I don't need the stock Ma7 ROM that I don't need.

But I'd like to avoid losing root and having to deal with Odin and reinstalling a recovery if at all possible. Reason being Odin and my computer wouldn't recognize my usb cable I had to use another one in the house but it isn't here and won't be for a week.

So if their is a method to do the above mentioned by flashing via recovery then that'd be the preferred method.

Again thank you!:cyclops:

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
does the first change the firmware or baseband? Basically my question is does the smaller package do the same as if I was on a stock phone and downloaded/installed the OTA?

If I'm moving anything to Ma7 I want to do it 100% as if I was unrooted and was on LJC and received the notification for the OTA. But I don't need the stock Ma7 ROM that I don't need.

But I'd like to avoid losing root and having to deal with Odin and reinstalling a recovery if at all possible. Reason being Odin and my computer wouldn't recognize my usb cable I had to use another one in the house but it isn't here and won't be for a week.

So if their is a method to do the above mentioned by flashing via recovery then that'd be the preferred method.

Again thank you!:cyclops:

The smaller package is essentially just the kernel and modem. The larger package is the OTA package directly from Google. Flashing it would be the same as if you allowed the OTA to install normally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
    • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
    • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
    • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
    • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
    • Choose install update from external SDcard.
    • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
    • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
    Enjoy!
    I'll stick with MA5 for now too. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

MA5 was just a leak and not official. MA7 is official. While I understand that's not all that important but there's a reason MA5 wasn't official.
    Just an FYI if all you want is root you can still use CF-Auto-Root while on MA7 to regain root access. I just did it without any issues.
    If your still stock ljc then just flash the ma7 update in Stock recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

Who is going to win the odexed and deodexed rooted zip race?
    :D

I hear rumors that one or two people already have some in the works... ;)