Qi chargers (what does CHOE mean exactly?)

Search This thread
Dec 13, 2011
I've seen a lot of people say that the best Qi charger to get right now is the ones that's "CHOE upgraded" but I haven't been able to find out exactly what that means. What's different between the CHOE ones and the earlier Qi chargers? I heard some people say it has something to do with the manufacturer being better, is it just built more solidly?

I'm thinking of getting a wireless charger and start using that, but I'm worried about charging efficiency (or lack-there-of) or excess heat harming my battery. So I'm wondering if the CHOE chargers are noted for being more efficient than the average. Saving damage on my micro USB from constantly plugging it in won't do me much good if a year down the line I've ruined the battery.

mirkoziocan

Oct 17, 2013
CHOE is only the brand, I think

There are good and bad qi chargers, look at the amazon reviews for the one that most suits you.
I am buying the Panasonic QE-TM101, moving coil feature is too cool
But there are cheaper qi charger that works very well

lopezk38

Apr 20, 2013
San Diego
Moving coil? What is that?

Most chargers have the induction coil (The thing that sends the power to the phone) in a fixed location, meaning that you have to put the phone in a precise spot for it to charge. The Panasonic charger has a mechanism inside that detects where your phone is on the charging pad and moves the coil to the phone so you don't have to fiddle with moving around the phone to find the sweet spot where the phone charges

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moving coil? What is that?

Most chargers have the induction coil (The thing that sends the power to the phone) in a fixed location, meaning that you have to put the phone in a precise spot for it to charge. The Panasonic charger has a mechanism inside that detects where your phone is on the charging pad and moves the coil to the phone so you don't have to fiddle with moving around the phone to find the sweet spot where the phone charges