S4 and Skullcandy Ink'd earphones

Search This thread

naijaboykev28

Dec 15, 2011
Hey guys I just joined the S4 family on Thursday and loving this phone.

I'm starting to have a problem with my earphones, when I plug them into the S4, usually a "Headphones connected" message comes up in notification bar. However now it doesn't do that anymore, and I hear a clicking noise. Sometimes after plugging it in and unplugging it out a few times it works but the audio quality is terrible.

The strangest thing is that my S4 works perfectly with Samsung stock earphones and my skullcandies work perfectly with PC...any help guys?

Rooted and running Insane KitKat Rom V9. Tried Factory reset and that didn't work.

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
Could try cleaning out headphone jack on the phone. But I have had that issue with Skullcany 3 times before one of the buds finally blows.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: naijaboykev28

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas

I'm starting to have a problem with my earphones, when I plug them into the S4, usually a "Headphones connected" message comes up in notification bar. However now it doesn't do that anymore, and I hear a clicking noise. Sometimes after plugging it in and unplugging it out a few times it works but the audio quality is terrible.

The strangest thing is that my S4 works perfectly with Samsung stock earphones and my skullcandies work perfectly with PC...any help guys?

Rooted and running Insane KitKat Rom V9. Tried Factory reset and that didn't work.

Use Viper4Android. It has your headphones optimized.

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
Viper4Android

I downloaded and tried Viper4Android and I must say, It blew away all the other "enhancers" that I have installed and used HANDS DOWN!

The phone sounds hundreds of times better! Even using only the speaker, it sounds really great. Using headsets it just simply astounds me how much better the sound can get....

Don't worry when you search the play store... it shows Chinese characters and you might wonder how the heck you;re supposed to install and update and set the thing up.... SURPRISE!!! it installs and shows everything in English! I'm not sure why, but it works and is SUPERB!

Thanks for pointing me to that app!

To all, Aloha and Good Luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use Viper4Android. It has your headphones optimized.

Haters Make Me Famous
    Deviant Development Team Member
    Could try cleaning out headphone jack on the phone. But I have had that issue with Skullcany 3 times before one of the buds finally blows.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app