[Q] Gorilla glass?

Search This thread

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Its just the coating. Its not rubberized. It just feels like realy PVC like coating. Its not resistive AT ALL.

Even the plastic bits at the top and bottom of the phone are slippery.

I have dropped it a few times already cause of that and after that was tied down to the phone cover. Now got a vynil skin so its ok.

I had HD7 before and thats what a phone was meant to feel like in hand and be as resistive in hand but not in the pocket.

The 8GB memory and slippery coating are my only main complaints about Omnia :) the rest are minorish :p

Phyx

Apr 20, 2010
I have to say, I love the build quality of the phone, Had it for months now and It's fallen from my, slid on the floor, accidently banged into a wall (was in my pocket) and just keeps on going without a single scratch at all.

gc48067

Aug 21, 2008
It's as slippery as a very slippery fish... :)

Slippy case and only 8GB also sum up my only issues with the phone.

Robert_27

Feb 11, 2011
What is Gorilla Glass?

What is Gorilla Glass?

Based on comprehensive understanding on how glass breaks, Corning created Gorilla Glass to better survive the real world events that commonly cause glass failure. Designed specifically for mobile devices, Corning’s Gorilla Glass improves screen durability without adding weight to the highly mobile tablet PCs.
Motion’s CL900, J3500, C5v and F5v are the first rugged tablet PCs to feature Corning’s durable Gorilla Glass.

Advantages of gorila glass:-
Exceptionally Clean flat and smooth surface
Outstanding Optical Clarity
Inherent Dimensional Stability
Exceptional Performance and Protection
Harder to Shatter
Thinner and Lighter sheets used

Latest mobile pones like Motorola Atrix is covering with gorilla glass display.

titus1

Feb 14, 2010
Gorilla glass or not, it is wise to put a screen protector and a rubberize case. You'll have a piece of mind knowing that your expensive phone is well protected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure weather it has Gorilla Glass but it's a tough phone. Had it about 4 months now, dropped it several times, keep it in my pocket without a protector. No scratches at all (this includes the screen and the rest of the phone).

I've even dropped it on the dancefloor in clubs and it's been fine.
    So it doesnt actually have Gorilla Glass :(

I agree with the pristine quality. Main reason i sold the HD7 because i didnt feel it was a solid product. It was laggin behind in performance to the omnia 7 as well as build quality. Hate creaks in nokia phones. I left them with N97 and HD7 had the creaks too so i left that too.