Dreamcast (Reicast) Compatibility List/Troubleshooting (MAR 12 2014) *ALL DEVICES

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Alright will record and test Shenmue past dojo:) thanks!

The funny thing is that the R6 version seems to crash faster then the R5 apk when leaving the dogo. There is a workaround that someone posted on another site to get out of the dojo without the crash, but it makes the game run slowlyyyyy.

Reactions: L1qu1d

L1qu1d

Jul 19, 2009
Toronto
The funny thing is that the R6 version seems to crash faster then the R5 apk when leaving the dogo. There is a workaround that someone posted on another site to get out of the dojo without the crash, but it makes the game run slowlyyyyy.

Alright will look into it:) I posted a spreadsheet in the main thread, feel free to add games or alter the list:)

TheBasterd

Jan 10, 2014
Hell
Added more games

Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 both work without glitches. No graphical anomalies, perfect run. Updated compatibility list.

beamquaker

Jan 12, 2014
Hi this is my first post. Silent scope boots but the scope had graphical glitches so u cant shoot anyone. Dino crisis works fine but a few fmv glitches. mvc 2 I cant get a 2nd fight to work it just crashes. Hellgate works but has some glitches. Fire pro wrestling d works really well and only has glitches in 8 man match. Only problem is on the on screen d pad. If u dont have diagonal you cant leave or enter the ring. Do u have diagonal on the d pad when using hardware like moga. R6 beta on all of them

adladl

Apr 18, 2011
I've tested the following games with r5 version of reicast in a jxd s7800b, so far, all of them work perfectly (first 10-15 min of gameplay)

Blue Stinger (Works Perfectly)
Head Hunter (Works Perfectly)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (Works Perfectly)
Resident Evil 3 (Works Perfectly)
Sonic 1 (Works Perfectly)
Zombie Revenge (Works Perfectly)

elconejotres

Jan 9, 2014
Some more tests using Nshield and JXDS7300b with latest beta:

Project Justice - almost perfect but after one or two matches will restart the emu
Phantasy star online V1 and V2 - almost perfect in some places very heavy FPS drops playable tough
Space channel 5 - some graphical glichtes but playable so far
Space channel 5 part 2 (original and translated) - very heavy FPS drops playable tough
Zombie Revenge - Perfect so far just some minor on screen semi garbled graphics on fmv's
The king of fighters evo and dream match 99 - unplayable screen stretched to the left and 3d stages give error giving chars almost no space to move on the stage (seems to happen with all playmore DC games so far)
Dead or Alive 2 - almost perfect fps drops so much sometimes even in quad core
Street fighter III Double Impact - game starts, after you select any game screen goes black but game continues sound can be heard
Silver - it does not even boot and restart the emu
Illbleed - Playable but heavy graphical glitches similar to Seventh Cross Evo

Man I can't wait the devs nail the glitches this is the most amazing app I've seen so far on android willing to help as much as it's needed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: beamquaker

rag66628

Jan 12, 2014
Hello. Been looking into XDA for some time and thought I coulf finally contribute at least a little bit :) I'm sorry if I chose the wrong topic, it says however "all devices" :). Unreal Tournament works but plays at around half the speed it normally does, also has minor audio distortions in the main menu. Plus has some graphic bugs ( some walls missing textures or looking like c-throughs). Tried it on version r5 on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, JB 4.1 if that is of any meaning :) Also sorry but I don't have any idea how to edit the spreadsheet using the tablet x)

pockets100

Jan 12, 2014
Archos Gamepad 2 Compatibility

Hi all,

So happy I found this place. I have added the Archos Gampad 2 to the spreadsheet along with some games and compatibility reports (all R5). I have also included screenshots where I remembered. I really cant wait to see how far this emulator goes as they are doing some amazing work.

P

ricardo85x

Aug 30, 2013
Sao Paulo
For me. San Francisco Rush 2049 does not works.
It crash after the Dreamcast Logo.

But in the spreadsheet it was marked as working.
I tried with GDI and CHD format and with NTSC AND PAL version.

Reactions: solidsn and L1qu1d

L1qu1d

Jul 19, 2009
Toronto
For me. San Francisco Rush 2049 does not works.
It crash after the Dreamcast Logo.

But in the spreadsheet it was marked as working.
I tried with GDI and CHD format and with NTSC AND PAL version.

Hopefully we can get more people that confirmed it working to speak out, otherwise it will become not working:)

solidsn

Jan 13, 2014
Record of Lodoss War crash fix

In ROLW, the game crashes after an enemy is struck. If you open emu.cfg as a text and set Dynarec to "0" instead of "1" it will not crash anymore.
With Dynarec off the game will be SLOW but still playable. After you have killed a handfull of monsters and collected their items you can save your game and then exit reicast, set Dynarec back to "1" and reload that save. The game should not crash anymore and be at full speed. However, there are other points in the game when it will crash again, so make sure you are saving a lot and also make sure to save in an alternating slot each time because there is also a chance that it will crash WHILE SAVING. Then your save file will become corrupted. This all happened to me within ten minutes of play time or so. If you do all this then the game will run perfectly. I also heard that Dynarec effects other games as well like Shenmue.
I am still playing Grandia 2 with no problems 99 percent perfect
Soul Calibur runs great with pixel problems only in backgrounds
Blue Stinger is running fine but havent played that long
And Record of Lodoss war is perfect when using above fix

Tested on Nvidia Shield on newest firmware with reicast r5 (revision 6 seems to have more issues sometimes with ROLW)

diniscampos

Aug 22, 2013
Lisbon
Hi,
What means "format the memory card in the first slot and set it up". The format will destroy all memory card data or is just a trick to use saves ?

ricardo85x

Aug 30, 2013
Sao Paulo
In ROLW, the game crashes after an enemy is struck. If you open emu.cfg as a text and set Dynarec to "0" instead of "1" it will not crash anymore.
With Dynarec off the game will be SLOW but still playable. After you have killed a handfull of monsters and collected their items you can save your game and then exit reicast, set Dynarec back to "1" and reload that save. The game should not crash anymore and be at full speed. However, there are other points in the game when it will crash again, so make sure you are saving a lot and also make sure to save in an alternating slot each time because there is also a chance that it will crash WHILE SAVING. Then your save file will become corrupted. This all happened to me within ten minutes of play time or so. If you do all this then the game will run perfectly.

Tested on Nvidia Shield on newest firmware with reicast r5 (revision 6 seems to have more issues sometimes with ROLW)

Hahahaha.

I am playing this game too and having this same problem. I am always saving in 2 slots.
This game is so good, but this problem is very annoying

Reactions: solidsn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Due to certain users intentionally or unintentionally deleting and messing with spreadsheet I was forced to create the official and unofficial spreadsheets:) this way people can still add, but it's in a controlled environment. I was hoping to avoid this since it means more work on my part, and less frequent updates (at least until some users are added to be able to edit official).

Google Play Emulator Link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reicast.emulator

R6 Beta - Courtesy of hooby3dfx

Latest Compiled Beta Builds *Courtesy of ricardo85x
    Download Here

For Bios:
    Simple copy the files dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin (I also placed dc_flash_wb.bin just in case) into "This PC\SHIELD\Internal storage\dc\data"
    *Please note that the bios must be placed in the internal Storage not the SDCard like the instructions original state

For Memory Card:
    You must use R6 Beta (as far as I can see you can try r5).
    First go into the bios (so the system menu), format the memory card in the first slot and set it up. Once done, you should now be able to save games.

Recommendations
    -Try converting GDI to CHD, saves a lot of space on disk (use program Here Windows) Thanks to ricardo85x

Contributors
    HobsonA, ricardo85x, hooby3dfx, hazindu, elconejotres, MRCANNADY, TheBasterd, beamquaker, adladl, rag66628, uoykcuf86
    *Since the thread is sort of ballooning if you want yoru name in the contributors and I didn't catch your contribution pm me:)
    Game list and Bug Reports
    *Work in progress (juggling school, work and this. Feel free to edit and add to it, it's open to public. Just please keep the format and be mature:))
    *List is subject to change! Results may vary from user to user.
    *Memory card functions aren't working yet, nor are options. Devs commented that they would be main available soon (Fixed in R6 Beta)

Updates
    Update 2014-03-12
    -Minor update to legend and some spreadsheets

Update 2014-01-25
    -Updated Official List
    -Added 4th color for games that work, boot but aren't quite 100% working or perfect. (example frame rate dips or minor graphical anomalies)
    -Orange will remain as semi-playable/playable, but must work.
    -Added color legend

Update 2014-01-20
    -Created copy editable back up of official Spreadsheet.
    -For now only I will edit (and a handful of users) the Official spreadsheet.

Update 2014-01-17
    -Added Column "Format" (Say whether it's CDI/BIN/CHD ...etc)
    -Added Snapdragon S4 Pro
    -Galaxy Tab 2 (PowerVR SGX540) was added by rag66628
    -ricardo85x added Build reicast-20140117_138.apk to his compiles. Make sure you thank him for his efforts. *See link above or Spreadsheet

Update 2014-01-15
    -Added Columns "Bios Used" and "Region"
    -Clean up
    -Still debating on Keeping multiple sheets for different devices, Might end up Keeping 1 or 2 sheets and making people enter device used in column. Any ideas are appreciated.

Update 2014-01-14
    -Deleted Xperia Z, and added Soc names instead. (Snapdragon 600/800, exynos Octa, Tegra 3)
    -Specialty devices left as is (JXD, gamepad 2 etc)
    -Cleaned up list.

Update 2014-01-12
    -Arranged everything in Alphabetical Order
    -Added New Device jxd s7800b Sheet
    -Added Reicast Build Downloads Sheet

Google Spreadsheet - Official (View-able/Not Editable)​

Google Spreadsheet - Unofficial (View-able/Editable)​

Spreadsheet Editors
    uoykcuf86

Rules/Guidelines For Editing Spreadsheet/Compatibility

1. All users and none users are welcome to alter the Spreadsheet.

2. If you do not know how to put everything in alphabetical order, simply leave 1 row empty below the list and type them there.

3. If you are using a device other than the Nvidia Shield please look for it's name among the spread sheets. If it's not there simply add a new sheet with your device's name on it. If you don't know how simply write it in forum or somewhere on spreadsheet out of the way and myself or someone else will place it where it should be.

4. All headings must be filled in with exception of Screenshot.

5. This one is not really a rule, more of a courtesy. Hit the Thanks Button for the users you see contributing. It shows you appreciate their efforts and dedication.

6. Will update more later:)

7. PM me to get access to official Spreadsheet, I might not see it in forum.
    I've tested the following games with r5 version of reicast in a jxd s7800b, so far, all of them work perfectly (first 10-15 min of gameplay)

Blue Stinger (Works Perfectly)
    Head Hunter (Works Perfectly)
    Resident Evil Code Veronica (Works Perfectly)
    Resident Evil 3 (Works Perfectly)
    Sonic 1 (Works Perfectly)
    Zombie Revenge (Works Perfectly)
    Soul Reaver - almost perfect(I can't remember any problem )
    Skies Of Arcadia - Plays great, almost no graphics issues.

It is look like the Revision 6 will fix the problem with Shenmue 1.

I also recomend to use GDI or CHD.

You can convert GDI to CHD(to save a lot of space on disk) with this app for windows:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkc7r413fydhldk/Dreamcast+GDI+to+CHD.rar
    Without doing any mapping on my own the left stick, a/b/x/y buttons, and l/r trigger worked out of the box.
    I only noticed today that the dpad did not work, so i added that to the mapping. Sucks that using that will make the on-screen touch input overlay show up.

Does anyone know what the menu buttons do (when you press back)? I can tell that the left most quits.
    Too bad you cant map the shield start button.

My compatibility notes:
    -MDK2 - fantastic except for sniper mode, there is a gfx glitch that is drawing the floor in front of the view.
    -Powerstone - perfect, minor gfx glitches
    -Virtua Tennis - perfect, minor gfx glitches
    -Rez - perfect, minor gfx glitches
    -Street Fighter 3 Third Strike - playable but heavy gfx glitches with the 2D sprite animations
    -Ooga Booga - can hear music but black screen
    -Star Wars Episode 1 Racer - starts up fine but crashes at menu when you press start button

Havent been able to get to boot:
    -Sega Bass Fishing
    -Dynamite Cop
    -Half-life/Blue shift

How do you know when the next reicast update is coming out?